RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

F'd weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Angry F'd weekend

So I haven't been on in a few days because I found out the hard way that my laptop doesnt drink wine!

Needless to say I was pissed at myself but thought wait a second I still have a notebook(11.6 in) that I haven't used in a couple of years so I dug that out.

After sitting for that long it was updating all kinds of stuff, everything was going fine until the last windows update when it all went to hell in a handbasket. It didn't like something and bcame bizarre.

Sunday I took it and the laptop to Staple. The laptop was deemed dead and not repairable for less than the cost of a new one. I did luck out with the notebook and Staples free PC tuneup took car of it but I din't get it back until monday at 4pm.

I now know that I'm addicted to the internet, it was the worse 48 hours I've had in awhile! Now I have to scrape up money for new laptop cause 11.6 inches ain't cutting it. It's great to take on the road but thats about it.

If anyone thinks they can fix a drunk laptop let me know!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
I spilt Jack N Coke on my last one right on the keyboard. I turned it off immediatly, fliped it upside down and removed the battery while it drained. I dont knw much about computers or your situation but if you goto radio shack (or other hobbie stores) pick up a set of jewlers screwdrivers and take it apart your self. My HP was my first computer to take apart and aslong as you havnt started drinking yet, you should be able to get it taken apart to find the issue. Now if its a Mac, Good luck Sir.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
SuperBike

Thanks Squid, the Tech at Staples said the same thing regarding the battey but I didn't do that. He also said to stick it in a bag of rice to see if it would absorb the moisture so I'm trying that.

If I took it apart I'm no sure what I'd be able to tel but hell it doesn't work now so I can hardly break it!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
I don't want to add to your headache with a smarty pants comment, but,
liquids and computers don't realy mix well. This is why, when ever I take
the lap top out....to go on the forum for ex.....I leave all beverages behind.
Hope the rice works.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HRCA#1
So I haven't been on in a few days because I found out the hard way that my laptop doesnt drink wine!

Needless to say I was pissed at myself but thought wait a second I still have a notebook(11.6 in) that I haven't used in a couple of years so I dug that out.

After sitting for that long it was updating all kinds of stuff, everything was going fine until the last windows update when it all went to hell in a handbasket. It didn't like something and bcame bizarre.

Sunday I took it and the laptop to Staple. The laptop was deemed dead and not repairable for less than the cost of a new one. I did luck out with the notebook and Staples free PC tuneup took car of it but I din't get it back until monday at 4pm.

I now know that I'm addicted to the internet, it was the worse 48 hours I've had in awhile! Now I have to scrape up money for new laptop cause 11.6 inches ain't cutting it. It's great to take on the road but thats about it.

If anyone thinks they can fix a drunk laptop let me know!

I can take it apart and clean the gunk out for you, if it will ever work again I can't say without looking at it.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
SuperBike

Mike PM sent!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HRCA#1
I now know that I'm addicted to the internet, it was the worse 48 hours I've had in awhile!
Confessions of an internet addict. Your situation will make me back up all my laptop files. FWIW, thanks!