Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Pics from weekend ride.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
Pics from weekend ride.

Here is a couple pics of cruising around at my second favorite set of twisties. This is about 20 minutes from where I live in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. This is on the Kansas side of the border. Kansas has better twisites than northern Missouri. Southern Missouri has really great roads. If any of you have ever ridden in Arkansas, Southern Missorui is like that. Epic and legendary twisties. But northern Missouri is pretty limited.

Name:  wycothree.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  wycotwo.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  wyco.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  26.2 KB
Old 08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
I was just in your city last week for a conference. Very clean. Wasn't a whole lot to do at the Hilton however.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Hey Jake,

Watch that centerline and don't get near it. A truck with large mirrors just took your head off in that last photo.

I've ridden southern Missouri (great, great roads) and a young lady in a 90's camaro drifted into my lane in an off camber curve out in the middle of nowhere. Since I wasn't hugging the line I had time and room to narrowly miss her. The turn appear to be very open but she was in low spot when I first scanned the corner. When she popped up out of it, I think the car unweighted, thus losing traction, thus the drift at me. I had to stop and pull out the shorts after that one.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Back Marker

I'm taking back the top of the charts on the weekend pics thread battle.

Here is my ride through Leavenworth National Cemetery.

Name:  cem.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  cem-1.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  29.3 KB
Old 08-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by superbling
Hey Jake,

Watch that centerline and don't get near it. A truck with large mirrors just took your head off in that last photo.

I've ridden southern Missouri (great, great roads) and a young lady in a 90's camaro drifted into my lane in an off camber curve out in the middle of nowhere. Since I wasn't hugging the line I had time and room to narrowly miss her. The turn appear to be very open but she was in low spot when I first scanned the corner. When she popped up out of it, I think the car unweighted, thus losing traction, thus the drift at me. I had to stop and pull out the shorts after that one.
Actually I came around that corner and I was really surprised to see my buddy running across the road. He got back with the camera way later than I thought he would. He was kind of freaking me out in that photo so I swerved to my left to get wide of him. He still managed to snage the photo. But it made it come out bad.

I've had too many cars come around a curve and freak me out to get that close the center line for no reason. But that is good advice!