Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

I belive another cct issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Squid

Lilbitz909
I belive another cct issue

while riding I heard a real loud clicking sound coming from the motor. I was trying to put my head down while listening to the motor so i could find out where it was coming from. As i let off the gas it got alot louder and as i gave it gas it got quite. So i pulled over and killed the bike so i could inspect the motor. Couldnt find anything so i tried to start it and the motor was locked up. Would not turn over at all.

How can i determine which CCT Broke? And figure out what else broke with it. So far i have taken the front fairings off, gas tank, air box, and carbs. Im really new about doing any motor work with this bike. But i just paid a guy a couple of years ago to replace the cct and it cost alot. So i want to do all the work myself. so i can save some money. Almost to the point now where the bikes not worth fixing.

And one more thing. Im having trouble finding the Timing hole nut.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Oh, really?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Back Marker

slabm7 is on a distinguished road
The timing hole nut is on the left (clutch) side of the bike, on the lower side of the engine you will see 2 black removeable plugs. They are both threaded in. The one closer to the front of the bike is the timing hole. To see if you have engine damage you are going to have to pull the heads and have a look, its the only way to be sure.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Über Member
Superstock

justinity is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that man.. I hope it was not the CCT.. Try not to turn it over if it might do more damage..
service manual http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/vie...=18025#p145453
Good luck!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that's a real bummer. It sure sounds like the CCT's. Let us know what you find out.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Squid

Gaggenau is on a distinguished road
More than likely its the front one (both of mine have), if you take off the little nut on top of the CCT and put a flat blade screwdriver in it and twist it (which wat i cant remember but i think its clockwise) you should feel a little resistance (if the front cct is ok), if the spring is knackered in it then you shouldnt feel any resistance when you turn the screwdriver.

Repeat for the rear one if the front one feels a little resitance, there will be a little oil drop out but it wont be a lot and it will stop.

Next step is to order some APE's lol

Install the till finger tight then back off 1/4 turn and lock off (remove the spark plugs)and hand turn the motor anti clockwise, if you feel it stop do not turn it any more as the timing will more than likely be out.