RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

T-Rex Make enough money

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Back Marker

Gerrit is an unknown quantity at this point
T-Rex Make enough money

These guys are rolling in it as they do not wanna sell to South Africa...

We don't ship to S. Africa. Thanks for asking.

Hannah

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Web Site Comments
Date: Wed, December 03, 2008 12:36 am
To: customerservice@t-rex-racing.com

The following request was submitted:

Name: Gerrit de la Rey
Email: gerrit@formulagti.com
Comments: I am located in South Africa, and I need to order a set of Framesliders for my VTR1000.
Can I forward you my VISA card details, to conclude the transaction?
Gerrit

Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Don't feel bad, I live in Canada (about 100 miles North of the Canada-USA border to be exact) and have run into this type of stuff.... Just find someone else willing to do business with you and give them your money.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Back Marker

It is so annoying, just tried to arrange a deal with Knee draggers, just as useless, and then they all complain about the economy, it is not the economy, it is their attitude.

If I had that lousy an attitude I'd be outta business ages ago, instead my company is growing month on month for the past 3 years...jeez I can not handle useless incompetence, oxygen thieves, thats what they are
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
No offense here, and I'm not talking about you.

I don't work for Trex, or knee blasters*, but my company won't deal with/ship to South Africa either. Too many scammers and the South African Goverment/police/legal system is a nightmare for a company that doesn't have a presence there(they basically tell you to fly there for court cases/file police reports). We decided a long time ago that the 0.01% of our business that comes from South Africa wasn't work the 10% of headaches that the scammers/scumbags in South Africa caused.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
I'm glad somebody said it.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
yup well put.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Sad to say but I'll give you my highly biased opinion. If I lived in ANC controlled South Africa, I'd try to get my *** out of ANC controlled South Africa before I ended up like Kathy Buckle in Zimbabwe.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Back Marker

Pls delete my profile Greg

Regards,
Gerrit
Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
You know Gerrit... That how things work around here... Everybody has an opinion, and they will state it... Loud and clear... Not always tactfull though...

I used to work for a company that had internation cutomers... 99% of our international trades was as problem free as any national, small hickups now and then... Then that last %... That stood for 99% of our total headaches, it was from a small number of known countries, SA was one of them... When we stopped dealing with these countries everyone breathed a sigh of relief...

Now it shouldn't have to bee this way... Unfortunately it's a fact, and it's true...
Nobody here said you where scamming anyone, and the fact that you are on here posting with the subjects that you are makes me belive that you are far from interested in that... Unfortunately some of your countrymen are missbehaving and causing problems that reflect back on you as well... Another unfortunate fact is that the legal system in your country is less than co-operative when the rest of the world protest about this... Another reason why people tend to opt out...

Tough ****... Deal with it... Sticking your head in the sand and deleting your account isn't really helping you or anyone else... On this site we are bikers first... Then if anyone proves themselfes to be an they get treated like one... But only once they have passed the initiation test...

I have a spare set of t-rex sliders... (I keep one around as I tend to need them once in a while after a track day... ) And I'd be willing to sell them to you... Unfortunately they are already taxed and stuff as I'm also outside the US, making them a bit more pricey... Also as I have been burnt before, it's money first, item last... (Yeah I'm also slightly biased... So what?)

Let me know...

/Markus

Last edited by Tweety; 12-04-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I support an open forum here. This has been civilized thus far. Let's just keep it that way. I have locked Gerrit out by his request so don't expect any response from him.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 AM
RK1
MotoGP

+1 what Tweety said. Tweety's had an opinion or two about the U.S. from time to time. I don't think anybody left the forum as a result and nobody's ever asked Tweety to leave.

Gerrit;

Don't take any of this personally. Businesses are reluctant to ship to the "new" SA because half the things they ship get stolen before they reach the person who ordered them. That creates giant headaches for the shipper and it isn't worth the hassle.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Wow guys, can we pile it on any deeper? Poor guy was just making a gripe like we all do from time to time. He didn't need the roasting. I understand that none of the comments made were aimed directly at him. The problems with shipping to SA are very real, no doubt about it. However not every person who lives there is a criminal.

This entire thing goes against the spirit of our forum. Lets not start drifting towards other bike forums on the net.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drew_c14

This entire thing goes against the spirit of our forum.
I don't see how, Drew. Gerrit thinks the reason he can't get a company to ship to SA is because they have a bad attitude. He's being told that it isn't because of their attitude and it isn't because anyone thinks HE'S a criminal.

It is because businesses have learned that the government he lives under, and in this case that government postal service is corrupt and a high percentage of goods shipped get stolen.

It isn't his fault, but it isn't the fault of businesses which have been burned trying to get product delivered to people like him either. That's just the way it is.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:55 AM
WERA #44
Superstock

happytrack44 is on a distinguished road
Your choice to deal or not to deal with any region, person, etc. exemplifies an endangered hallmark of the free enterprise system.
You should all be thankful that this still exists, as more government control is in our future.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:04 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by happytrack44
Your choice to deal or not to deal with any region, person, etc. exemplifies an endangered hallmark of the free enterprise system.
You should all be thankful that this still exists, as more government control is in our future.
Yeah well a complete absense of governement control is obiously not working either... So a decent balance might be a good thing...

And RK1... yeah well, I have opinions about just about anything... And I tend to voice them as well... I have a few choice words about the Swedish government as well... No government is beyond reproach...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Superstock

MUHerdFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
Yeah well a complete absense of governement control is obiously not working either... So a decent balance might be a good thing...

And RK1... yeah well, I have opinions about just about anything... And I tend to voice them as well... I have a few choice words about the Swedish government as well... No government is beyond reproach...
Tweety,
I try to avoid political discussions (or religion for that matter), however, I'll have to agree with you. Our free enterprise/free market system hasn't been working, although people love to think it is 'the way'. Some believe that we have better competition for goods, but I say that we have been getting less quality and spending more to get it.
The last time I checked, US labor is still getting outsourced, the US is importing more than they are exporting, US banks have been f'ing us due to lack of gummint control, and for christ-sake, the fruits/veggies in the grocery store are from south of the border. I'm in the middle, neither liberal nor conservative; it is time for a little control.
I'm not going to argue with anyone who disagrees with me; we are entitled to our opinions, and free speech is a wonderful thing. However, in the end, Gerrit just wanted a set of freaking sliders for his scooter, so I guess that I'll sell him my LSL's....
Old 12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
MotoGP

I happen to think balance is the key... All governement control isn't bad... In some cases the need for a common set of rules has to outweight personal freedom to some extent... But never, ever to the point of oppression...

I have nothing againts the ideal behind the "Land of the Free" as a concept... But I do have something to say about the current implemention... The same as the Swedish "Wellfare system" which is turning into "Big brother is watching"...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I hope Gerrit reconsiders his withdrawal from this forum. A number of good reasons why U.S. companies don't want to ship to South Africa have been set out. It seems that Gerrit wasn't provided with any of them by T-Rex nor by kneedraggers. It's hard to negotiate a resolution if the impediment is not identified clearly. I'm not surprised he's irritated.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
free enterprise doesn't work for all. Simply put ,some people are greedy, competitive and aggressive and some are not interested in this way of life. Since our system favors the former, these people will thrive and the latter will be forced to accept the conditions created by this disparite system. That's why responsible regulation is needed for the some degree of fairness in our system so that we can all be free to live our beliefs.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
We haven't had a free market system in any economic arena in decades. To say that the current financial crisis is a result of too much free market is to be ignorant of what's going on. Too much government regulation and too much corporatism are the problems, not too much true free market. Making government larger is ALWAYS the solution for those who advocate "responsible" regulation and it NEVER solves anything; it just makes government bigger and more intrusive, which, of course, is the real objective of our control freak power elite.

happytrack is right on the money. More government control is on the way and it won't be pretty.

Gerrit comes here to whine and then pouts when people here disagree. Sorry buddy.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
MotoGP

Well... then I'm probably an anomaly in your reasoning... I wan't "responsible" legislation... And I think the US government could do with being chopped around the kneecaps or there abouts...

Your current crisis is NOT a result of to much government regulation... Altough you are right on the money on the corporatism... Neither is it a result of to little government... It's more the result of a government that is bloated beyond any reasonable control, becoming largely ineffective and doing very little to regulate a corporate world that more or less owns the politicians... And whatever control the government do have is more often than not used on something completely useless...

The government in it self needs to be smaller... on that we agree 100%... but it needs to have control, actually the theoretical power it should have today might be reasonable... But since the power today is very, very theoretical... Well...

And no... More lardasses is not a good idea, nor more control, as they are completely unable to do anything productive with what they have...

If your child manages to hit himself on the thumb with a hammer, do you give him a nail aswell, so he can really hurt himself?

Giving todays politicians American or otherwise REAL power is like giving that child a chainsaw...
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nath981
free enterprise doesn't work for all. Simply put ,some people are greedy, competitive and aggressive and some are not interested in this way of life. Since our system favors the former, these people will thrive and the latter will be forced to accept the conditions created by this disparite system.....
So capitalism is evil, is that what your saying. Well I guess that America has been going about it all wrong for a while now.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by divingindaytona
So capitalism is evil, is that what your saying. Well I guess that America has been going about it all wrong for a while now.
Nope... Capitalism isn't evil or good... People are...
Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by divingindaytona
I was not implying that capitalism is evil or not evil and likewise, guns are not evil either. And yes, in my estimation, America has been doing it wrong for quite a while.
I was an independent trucker for the majority of my working years, so I'm not opposed to free market capitalism, but if we have this economic system, let's regulate some measure of equity for all americans. This cannot happen as long as politicians are dependent on corporations for campaign funds, hence, their success. For example, the bailout joke: Everyone who thinks just a little knows that these corporations are some of those who provide major campaign financing, ergo they will get the bailout as did the financials' TARP plan. Any postering to the contrary is merely for the benefit of average taxpayers like myself.
If we are a free market system, at least let the system weed out the the ones that have screwed up.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Sorry guys, I had to move this to NVT area. Left a permanent redirect though.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Back Marker

REDVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
let it be noted that there are companies in the UK and Japan that rufuse all transactions that occur outside their prospective home markets. this means that if i want some way cool japanese parts, i cannot get them. are they rolling in it? am i being shut out? no! they just do not ship here, end of story. i think gerrit came off with the bad attitude and it caused some people to immediately and frankly tell him where he was wrong. if he had said "does anybody know why TRex and Kneedraggers will not ship to SA" or "does anyone know where i can get a set of sliders in SA" the responses would have been more tactfull. you get what you give. long story short though the guy took his ball and went home because of what i consider not to even be ribbing, but whatever, his feelings are hurt and he is gone.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tweety

Opinions of all sorts are welcome here, wouldn't have it any other way. I personally find it damn near impossible to get angry at someone named "Tweety", besides, I have a soft spot for the offspring of Vikings, even though you guys have gotten kind of soft over the last couple of centuries!

PS Have the same kind of respect for the offspring of Boers, but they need to hold up their end.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:50 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, that's what I like about this place... Discussions are allowed and people can keep a level head (mostly) even if our opinion are diametricly opposite...

Heh... Well the reason I actually chosen Tweety as my avatar a long time ago (in high school actually) was a scene where Sylvester is hanging by one paw and Tweety goes "Eaine, meanie, miny... Oh whadda ya know, no Moe!" as he loosens Sylvesters claws, then looks at the camera and gives a cute and innocent smile...
Dunno what that say about my personality though ...

It's also slightly confusing for people when a 6'4" 210 pound guy in full gear (ATGATT!) introduces himself as Tweety at all gatherings around here for bikers... (It's written on the back of my race gear, soo...) But everybody knows me by that handle and I have used it on so many local forums and even mailinglists and BBS'es that it's kinda stuck...
Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Damm you guys are lucky - I started writing a book, but then Poof! Not sure if Gerrit will ever see this, but I appreciated his contributions to this forum. I'm a bit mystified at his reaction, but I guess some are more thin skinned than others.

For the ongoing political discussion, I would urge you all to consider the "means" and not just the "ends". The road to hell is paved...
Each of you please remember we are endowed by our creator with inherent and inalienable rights. We wrote them down, but EVERYONE has them. All just ignored to a lesser or greater extent depending on where you are.
Government is a tool of the people. Its power is ceded from the individual. By definition it can have no more right or authority than an individual can have. Individuals cannot steal, cannot murder, cannot trespass - NOR CAN Govenments!
Individually we are guided by morals and ethics that distill to a fundemental pricipal of ownership. I can own something and it is MINE (I have a pretty nice superhawk...
Collectively we transfer some of our individual rights to a "governing" authority. In the US some of the most FUNCTIONING government we have is the smallest - town council or a school board. That can go wrong too however. As soon as the masses believe they can dictate to the individual our liberty is lost. Or better put - Save us from the tyranny of a democracy.
In the US we live in a democratic REPUBLIC that is based on the RULE OF LAW, not mob mentality. (how else can you explain George Bush!). We cannot vote for things that are illegal (unconstitutional - well we can but they are struck down in court). If eveyone on my block decides they REALLY like Mr Jones's house and they would like a share of his money, they can't vote to take it (at least not yet). If I as an individual cannot take Mr Jones house and money (stealing) then my collective community cannot either. Legal government only has the power derived from the constituents.
What does this all mean for the situation we are faced with today? How do we make things better? Dunno! I would ask each of you however, before you take a position, offer an opinion, etc... Do not simply consider "will this make things better" Ask yourself "IS THIS RIGHT?" My friends, the Means never NEVER NEVER justifies the ends. Take care of the means. The Ends will sort themselves out.

By the way GREAT forum. I'm still relatively new - got the Shawk in September and Now I have SERIOUS withdrawals. April can't come soon enough!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Back Marker

REDVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stevebis1
Damm you guys are lucky - I started writing a book, but then Poof! Not sure if Gerrit will ever see this, but I appreciated his contributions to this forum. I'm a bit mystified at his reaction, but I guess some are more thin skinned than others.

For the ongoing political discussion, I would urge you all to consider the "means" and not just the "ends". The road to hell is paved...
Each of you please remember we are endowed by our creator with inherent and inalienable rights. We wrote them down, but EVERYONE has them. All just ignored to a lesser or greater extent depending on where you are.
Government is a tool of the people. Its power is ceded from the individual. By definition it can have no more right or authority than an individual can have. Individuals cannot steal, cannot murder, cannot trespass - NOR CAN Govenments!
Individually we are guided by morals and ethics that distill to a fundemental pricipal of ownership. I can own something and it is MINE (I have a pretty nice superhawk...
Collectively we transfer some of our individual rights to a "governing" authority. In the US some of the most FUNCTIONING government we have is the smallest - town council or a school board. That can go wrong too however. As soon as the masses believe they can dictate to the individual our liberty is lost. Or better put - Save us from the tyranny of a democracy.
In the US we live in a democratic REPUBLIC that is based on the RULE OF LAW, not mob mentality. (how else can you explain George Bush!). We cannot vote for things that are illegal (unconstitutional - well we can but they are struck down in court). If eveyone on my block decides they REALLY like Mr Jones's house and they would like a share of his money, they can't vote to take it (at least not yet). If I as an individual cannot take Mr Jones house and money (stealing) then my collective community cannot either. Legal government only has the power derived from the constituents.
What does this all mean for the situation we are faced with today? How do we make things better? Dunno! I would ask each of you however, before you take a position, offer an opinion, etc... Do not simply consider "will this make things better" Ask yourself "IS THIS RIGHT?" My friends, the Means never NEVER NEVER justifies the ends. Take care of the means. The Ends will sort themselves out.

By the way GREAT forum. I'm still relatively new - got the Shawk in September and Now I have SERIOUS withdrawals. April can't come soon enough!
WTF? dude was trying to get some sliders, got all pissy, and ran. what are you talking about?