RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

The climate facts that everyone ignores.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
The climate facts that everyone ignores.

Atmospheric temperature primarily driven by water content (it gets cold at night in Phoenix, but not in Houston).

The warmer the atmosphere gets, the more capacity it has to hold water vapor, so the warmer it gets. The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually, as it always has. Probably driven by ocean currents.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
Old 11-18-2008, 05:09 PM
SuperBike

Interesting reading about the effects of ocean currents on climate. We may not be headed where you think we're headed...

http://www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=12455
Old 11-18-2008, 05:16 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
I remember the "global cooling" fears of the 1970's.
It has been apparent to me for some time that the global warming hysteria, which has morphed into "global climate change" (because the evidence for anthropogenic global warming is nonexistent) is being used to drive a political agenda which has little to do with real data or accurate computer models.

Last edited by killer5280; 11-18-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Have you noticed that the Church Of Global Warming has changed its name to the Church Of Climate Change?

That's 'cause the globe ain't warming and can't be used as an excuse to deprive you of your liberty when it keeps getting colder outside.

Climate change...Yeahhhhhh, that's the ticket!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:51 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
its all a scam, there's no such thing. carbon credits are just a new form of tax the gov. will inflict on us.......... useless f---ing liberals!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
its all a scam, there's no such thing. carbon credits are just a new form of tax the gov. will inflict on us.......... useless f---ing liberals!
How dare you!!! They are not useless!! We can use them to build fires to warm us with...See, very useful!!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by killer5280
I remember the "global cooling" fears of the 1970's.
It has been apparent to me for some time that the global warming hysteria, which has morphed into "global climate change" (because the evidence for anthropogenic global warming is nonexistent) is being used to drive a political agenda which has little to do with real data or accurate computer models.
So, Momma was right!! I knew it...I have known it all along...the great inventer of the internet has a marshmellow for a brain..but damn he is good at milking money out of the governement, errrr tax payers pockets...
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

From that link....Last revised: January 10, 2003
Science/measurement methods and climate models have advanced just a wee bit in the last 5 years. Take it with the same grain of salt as the "global cooling" studies from the 1970s....
Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
I had global warming on the back of my leg once when I toughed it to a hot header on my SH
RC
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Greenhouse gasses are effecting the atmosphere, but due to the amount of variables in the equation, no one is certain what the overall effect will be. The earth could get warmer much like we feel now compared to the early 1900's where several feet of snow in a single storm was common here in New England. Now if you get 4" it's a "Big" storm. But then again, the earth's weather pattern goes in cycles, so we could just be in a small warming cycle.

Greenhouse gasses could cause the temp to warm initially, causing the glaciers to melt, putting additional water in the oceans, which will alter the heating and cooling patterns of the ocean, possibly altering the currents which could lead to a drastic change in the earth's weather patterns. Some areas would get hot, while others would cool. This would be very bad as the nation's "Bread basket" could be destroyed. On to problem #2: If the areas suitable for growing crops changes, you now have to create new vast areas of farmland where homes exist.

Really, all scientists have are theories. I say, better safe than sorry. Wouldn't want to go the way of the dinosaurs.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by rbrais
Greenhouse gasses are effecting the atmosphere, but due to the amount of variables in the equation, no one is certain what the overall effect will be. The earth could get warmer much like we feel now compared to the early 1900's where several feet of snow in a single storm was common here in New England. Now if you get 4" it's a "Big" storm. But then again, the earth's weather pattern goes in cycles, so we could just be in a small warming cycle.

Greenhouse gasses could cause the temp to warm initially, causing the glaciers to melt, putting additional water in the oceans, which will alter the heating and cooling patterns of the ocean, possibly altering the currents which could lead to a drastic change in the earth's weather patterns. Some areas would get hot, while others would cool. This would be very bad as the nation's "Bread basket" could be destroyed. On to problem #2: If the areas suitable for growing crops changes, you now have to create new vast areas of farmland where homes exist.

Really, all scientists have are theories. I say, better safe than sorry. Wouldn't want to go the way of the dinosaurs.
Rbrais, did you know cows/livestock produce more greenhouse gases than transportation according to a UN study? I plan on smoking some beef jerky this weekend, so where do I apply for my carbon credits anyway?

Solution to climate change = Eat more meat!
RC
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
flo2supshawk is right, ive heard the cows farting all day does and has produced more greenhouse gases from the us alone than all vehicles worl wide.. And Mt St Helens eruption put more **** into the atmospere tham cow and cars combined thus far on earth.. im with supa, im taking down some jerky this weekend
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by lynchie
flo2supshawk is right, ive heard the cows farting all day does and has produced more greenhouse gases from the us alone than all vehicles worl wide.. And Mt St Helens eruption put more **** into the atmospere tham cow and cars combined thus far on earth.. im with supa, im taking down some jerky this weekend
+1 Lynchie!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
all i know is im cold as **** right now
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I love this forum...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
SuperBike

What gets me is that nobody is asking aobut the cause.
somebody said " We have a scientific consensus", and everybody says "ooohh, I heard there's a scentific consensus, who are we to question something as authoritative as that?"

it reminds me of the Bible.

Look around, do some searching. the consensus ain't there. But we're going to vote for restrictive legislation anyway, even though nobody knows what the F$% they're talking about.

did you know Mars is also going through a global warming period? The ice caps are meltiing. Could the sun have anything to do with it?

The vikings were growing crops in the north, before the cooling cycle that caused the "little ice age" that formed the glaciers that are now melting.

Look around. Make your own decisions. Or at least view the political onslaught with a grain of skepticism. the people who know the least will be putting the laws in place, because all of their lemmings demand it.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Truckinduc
all i know is im cold as **** right now
18 degrees here with the windchill

i read an article a couple weeks ago debunking the idea that all the ice sheets and glaciers are melting. The ice mass at the South Pole has been growning pretty substantially in the past few decades. I don't think Al Gore did all of his homework before making that Michael Moore-esque cinematic suppository.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RCVTR
The vikings were growing crops in the north, before the cooling cycle that caused the "little ice age" that formed the glaciers that are now melting.
Yep, they called it Greenland for a reason.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Ain't it about time for an oil and tire thread???
Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Randman
Ain't it about time for an oil and tire thread???
Been a whole 48 hrs. since the last one.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...913#post188913
rotell t 5-40 ? - SuperHawk Forum
Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
What type of oil and tires are best for bonfires? I'm looking for something that puts out the most smoke.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
What type of oil and tires are best for bonfires? I'm looking for something that puts out the most smoke.
I think a stack of these ought to do the trick.
Attached Thumbnails The climate facts that everyone ignores.-titantire.jpg  
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Truckinduc
I've seen that pic before! That was right after one of his family members left him a BIG surprise in the toilet last Thanksgiving
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
I've seen that pic before! That was right after one of his family members left him a BIG surprise in the toilet last Thanksgiving
I thought that was when he found out Bill had been secretly returning the borrowed cigars.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996
so where do I apply for my carbon credits anyway?

Call Al Gore. He owns the company.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rbrais
Wouldn't want to go the way of the dinosaurs.
I think it's pretty well accepted that the iridium for our sparkplugs (i mean at the K-T boundary) is indicative for a big *** asteroid that hit the Mexico (Chicxulub) coastland and left a 180KM crater. Let me know if the sheep farting in NZ leave a 180KM crater and I'll get worried about man-induced climate change, lol.
Attached Thumbnails The climate facts that everyone ignores.-chicxulub_crater_gravity_map.gif  
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Why doesn't anyone ever mention to the "we're all going to die if we don't start driving electric cars" liberals that Northern Alberta, Canada was a tropical area and home to huge Dinosaurs 75 million years ago. And Wooly Mammoths lived in Los Angeles during the last full blown Ice Age.

Our planet is constantly changing, but if any one factor is causing an accelerated change it is overpopulation. Get with birth control, not electric cars.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
MLB
Back Marker

MLB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy

Useless f---ing conservatives sticking their heads in the sand.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
Let me know if the sheep farting in NZ leave a 180KM crater and I'll get worried about man-induced climate change, lol.
I'm doing my best to convert the VTR to run on sheep methane off the farm.

It's difficult enough to get them to cooperate in unnatural acts, far less strap one on to the bike in place of the gas tank.

Quick Reply: The climate facts that everyone ignores.