Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Scottiemann goes streetfighter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 AM
erno
Back Marker

erno is on a distinguished road
the fighter i have has a custom rad..https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...restorm-31319/
Old 05-06-2015, 05:49 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Thats a nice fighter erno, I followed that build... I especially like the undertail exhaust.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM
SuperBike

Just for you VTR "drunk douche" 1000F

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-stripped.jpg

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-stripped1.jpg

sorry there hasnt been much action here, most of my time has been tearing down, running through ideas, creating a game plan, and ordering a massive amount of parts...

The only problem is the parts are taking forever to get here. right now I'm trying to find a suitable place for the ignition, the headlight and cluster will interfere with it.

Theres a multitude of cosmetic **** that I can pick away at but I'm sorta waiting til I do all the custom work and prior to final assembly.

I'm waiting to do the wiring til I have all the electronic components here and a plan of where everything is going to be mounted. The reason for relocating the parts is for when I get around to doing the custom tail section I want the wiring and components to be in the same place or close to the same place from the rewire, that way there wont be a whole lot of extra wire or any splicing to do.

So whats on the way at the moment? headlight brackets, radiators, radiator hose kit, oil cooler, stainless braided oil hose, AN fittings, various collar washers I'm missing for bodywork, #48 slow jets, thermostat, rear brake MC rebuild kit, handlebars, HRC style rear brake res delete, and..........ignitech

As you can see, I have a lot of work ahead of me and many more parts to order, I just wish they would finally get here...
Old 05-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
This build thread has entirely too few pictures with decent lighting.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:47 PM
SuperBike

tell you what, this weekend I'll take it out of the garage and take some pics in sunlight... hopefully then I'll have some parts here
Old 05-06-2015, 07:41 PM
SuperBike

Alright just ordered a mofset and plug kit.... still have to order some more random **** tonight, but quick question.

Is anyone here still making PAIR blockoff plates? if not I'm just going to order a cheap set off ebay
Old 05-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
Is anyone here still making PAIR blockoff plates? if not I'm just going to order a cheap set off ebay
Screen name superdutyd (A.K.A. Steve) may. I haven't talked to him in about 10 months, so I have no idea if he is still making them or not.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:26 PM
SuperBike

Yea I'll send him a pm. my MCCT's are by him as well.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:23 PM
SuperBike

Seriously! WTF!!! coming home to a package to open it up and find some stupid cosmetic bullshit is getting old... I need my hard parts now
Old 05-07-2015, 05:24 PM
SuperBike

looks like the valve covers are getting cleaned up tonight and the carbs rejetted...
Old 05-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Stop ordering cosmetics.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:49 PM
SuperBike

smart ***
Old 05-07-2015, 05:49 PM
SuperBike

just scored a davies craig booster pump kit for a sweet deal
Old 05-07-2015, 07:47 PM
SuperBike

got my jbweld on tonight lol. filled one of the lift holes for the front carb slide, main jets set a step down (one step above factory), mix screws set at 2 1/4, 2 1/2 respectively. Will file down the excess jbweld tomorrow and hopefully the #48 pilots come in soon so the carbs will be good to go
Old 05-10-2015, 01:24 PM
SuperBike

THREAD JACKING MY OWN THREAD!!!

Alright so I have got some things done on my bike over the past couple days but I havent been able to post pictures or details due to my laptop. See the laptop I have is an excellent laptop but it was thoroughly abused by my ex. When we were still together I ended up buying her a laptop for a sweet deal and took this one from her which at the time needed a new power adapter, hard drive and battery as well as fixing the power port on the motherboard itself. I replaced the hard drive and temporarily fixed the power adapter, this was a couple years ago. Recently replaced the battery with an extended life battery and a new power adapter. However, the charging port slowly got to the point where fiddling with the cord no longer gave me a connection for more then 5 minutes so my laptop was useless, this was 2 days ago...

So this morning instead of working on my bike I decided to rebuild my laptop. upon tearing it down (yes I know its very dirty, I abuse it on the outside not the inside) I come to find that at some point something was spilled on this laptop (not surprizing, guess how my ex killed the screen on one of my other laptops?). Anyways, I knew this laptop needed a serious cleaning due to age, abuse, and lack of cooling ability, but I didnt expect to see 3/4 of the rads and fan port blocked up . So while I had it apart I did some serious cleaning. As you can see the yellow block on the motherboard, the power pin solder had cracked, as well as the plug being ripped out so many times that it was tweaked to the point where one of the grounding pins snapped (not too worried there are 5 connected to the same outer casing). I wasnt able to untweak the port for fear of causing further damage but I was able to resolder the power pin. It aint pretty due to my fat overused solder tip but its funtional. cleaned up the dry, no good heatsink compound on the CPU and put my trusty Arctic Silver 5 on there, on the other 3 components that used to have heatsink "tape" I replaced with silicone based compound because its nonconductive. Put it all together and no more fiddling with the power cord

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop1.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop2.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop3.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop4.jpg
Old 05-10-2015, 01:25 PM
SuperBike

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop5.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop6.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop7.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop8.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop9.jpg
Old 05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
SuperBike

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop10.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-laptop11.jpg

And now back to your regularly scheduled bike build
Old 05-10-2015, 01:36 PM
SuperBike

As mentioned earlier I go my jbweld on the other night and filled one of the slide holes. Well yesterday I got around to smoothing that down and today went to the hardware stored to buy new stainless bolts and washers for my diaghram covers, float bowls and needle shims. I also recieved the 48 slow jets the other day and put those in. Just got to finish putting them back together and they are good to go.

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-slidemod.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-slidemod1.jpg

And as previously mentioned and seen I have to take care of the badly flaking engine paint. So I had some fun with aircraft stripper yesterday and got the paint stripped ("I put that $#@t on everything" lol). I have almost finished giving the covers a random swirl brushed look and will rub them down with some metal polish to prevent immediate oxidation before I put them back on.

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers1.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers2.jpg
Old 05-10-2015, 02:50 PM
SuperBike

carbs are now buttoned up and good to go, gonna finish the valve covers and bolt them on tonight so I can finally clean and sweep in this mess of a garage...
Old 05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
SuperBike

anyone know of a good universal(or not universal) ignition switch and key that is smaller then the big bulky one that comes with our bikes?

I'm relocating the switch and the factory one just takes up way too much space.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Scottie,

Check one of the older Honda model switches on ebay (also see specs on Ronayers), something like the CBR F3 or nighthawk, many of them are interchangeable plus plugin and they have same bolting points, most important SMALLER KEY ;-)
Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 PM
SuperBike

Thanks I'll check those out, plug&play not so important since I'm rewiring the bike but as long as its smaller...
Old 05-11-2015, 04:41 PM
SuperBike

MOOOO PAAAAHHHHHTTTTSSS!!!!

who woulda thunk the R/R is bigger then the booster pump (besides those of you running both) lol

finishing up the valve covers now and putting them back on, will post pics in a lil bit...
Old 05-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Booster pump?
Old 05-11-2015, 08:22 PM
SuperBike

electric booster pump by davies craig, converting to electric water pump... (do a search for booster in preformance mods section)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 PM
SuperBike

Seeing as no new parts came in today (surprizing) I dont have too much to do without them. So I figure tonight I'll take the night off, post some updates which should help me clear my thoughts and put together a parts list... I have a lot of little bits to get on order ASAP
Old 05-12-2015, 06:41 PM
SuperBike

Yesterday I recieved the R/R and booster pump as well as a new O-ring for the thermostat housing.

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-rrbooster.jpg

I finished cleaning up, scuffing up and polishing the valve covers. However I do have to clean up the RTV finger prints lol but I'll wait til I'm done with the build because I'm sure I'll get them more dirty by then.

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers3.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers4.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-valvecovers5.jpg
Old 05-12-2015, 06:47 PM
SuperBike

When I pulled the thermostat housing the other day the hose connections were heavily corroded and the paint was chipping. So while I had the motivation last night I cleaned and scuffed them up good and hit them with some self priming heavy duty epoxy paint.

Scottiemann goes streetfighter-thermostat.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-thermostat1.jpgScottiemann goes streetfighter-thermostat2.jpg
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Back Marker

sjscicluna is on a distinguished road
lookin good
Old 05-13-2015, 12:53 PM
SuperBike

Thanks, hopefully i get my rads and oil cooler in-in the very near future... I feel like Im making no progress because Im just picking away at the little projects waiting on parts for the bigger projects

Quick Reply: Scottiemann goes streetfighter