General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?

Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
I haven't noticed anything that would lead me to believe there's anything wrong with the cc tensioner.[/QUOTE]

That's how they get you, many blown up mills from the stock tensioner seemingly out of nowhere. It's one of the two achiles heels of this bike, the other being RR failure.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Squid

Booker909 is on a distinguished road
You've got me a bit worried now Glock. I'll have to look up what to do about that. This is the oldest bike I've had but it only has 15,000 miles on it. Would that matter?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Replaced my OE chain after 25k miles! It was beat. New RK rx-ring. Glad I stayed w/ a 530, that thing was stretched beyond belief.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lubed chain, check tire pressure - hope to ride to WVa tomorrow
Old 10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Rode my hawk from Orlando to Daytona, for biketoberfest.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Booker909
You've got me a bit worried now Glock. I'll have to look up what to do about that. This is the oldest bike I've had but it only has 15,000 miles on it. Would that matter?

Latest tales of CCT woe on VTR1000.org: www.vtr1000.org Depression is .......

www.vtr1000.org CCT's just gone. Need a good workshop in London

www.vtr1000.org Camchain tensioner failure!!!

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ert-eye-28558/

Last edited by Wicky; 10-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Squid

00jmc is on a distinguished road
Added some cateye flushmounts.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...c/DSCF0882.jpg
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-dscf0882.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Sharp looking bike jmc!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Squid

Thanks Glockpointer. I love the bike but... if I cant get comfortable on it... hands and my ba##s go numb. Thinking of a Corbin or Sargent but not sure if it will be enough. Must just be me but it hurts me more than my old gsxr's!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

I can't speak for the Corbin, but the Sarg is a very worthwhile investment. I got lucky and some guy sold me the Sarg off the bike he was selling, picked it up for 2 bills and a stock seat. The seat and the Helibars relly made my bike tolerable, almost comfortable. Worth a look.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Squid

I have woodman clip ons on mine. Lots of adjustabilty but the fairing limits the positions. Do the helibars have any clearance issues? As it is now if I turn the bars hard right I turn on my brights by hitting the button with the faring
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

The Helibars do the same thing. Now that I'm getting faster I'm thinking about putting back the stock bars so I can get lower.
Oh and try the foam grips that are out there for five bucks or so. They helped also.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Last night was bike night at Cyclegear, pretty lame and I didn't win anything. About 50 miles.
Tonite was a trip to the world famous Dally's on 290. Lame, no bikes, only two other people and one of them worked there. Hauled *** through deer country on the way back. 75 miles.

The bike feels wierd now for some reason, feeling out all the snakes in the road. I think my tires have turned a corner. I want to try some stickies this time so I will be working this into my budget some how soon.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Tonite was new Rotella, air up the tires( see squiffy handling above), adjust bars and wash.
Tommorow I run with a ZRX1100, R1 and an S1000RR. Wish me luck.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by GlockPointer
Tonite was new Rotella
Not worth the savings... post up if you notice a reduction in shift quality as I did.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Not worth the savings... post up if you notice a reduction in shift quality as I did.
Put some non-ethanol gas in here and added some stable. gettin ready for winter storage soon.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Have noticed no difference between Mobil Uno, Rotella or Delo. The bike shifts like a Honda.
On a side note, I shredded the rear tire to the cords trying to fend off the above mentioned bikes. I did fine.
My buddy let me ride the S100RR and all other bikes are crap to me now. Bone stock it was more comfy than my bike with helis and a sarg. I kept it below 120 to be nice but you could feel the power trying to get out. Most of all I can't believe how comfortable it is! I gotta get the HP4 now!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Squid

Won a Corbin on Ebay, 150.00. Cold front coming so I dont think I will get a chance to try it out.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Sidelined

Nothing just yet...............doing a chain inspection found my master link clip was gone!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Ouch, that could have gone badly.

Tonite I'm looking for some Pilot Power 2cts. Or maybe some Power Pures.

JMC...how does the Corby feel compared to stock?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Squid

I wil post as soon as I get it. Coming from Cali to Mi. If I get it in time I'll put down my hunting tool and try out the 50 degree weather they say we are getting this weekend.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Squid

Corbin seat is on

All I can say is I'm sorry I waited so long to get one. I can't believe the difference. I'm a bigger guy 6'1" 245 and it is the difference between selling and keeping the bike. I would go numb in the twins area as well as my a$$ getting tired in just 30 min of riding. As a matter a fact (I live in Michigan) I always wanted to ride my motorcycle to the Mackinaw bridge (favorite quick vaca spot) and ride across. After riding the bike I was bummed that I wouldnt be able to make the 300ish mile trip on this bike, now I think I can. Now just got to wait out the winter. If your hurting its worth the investment.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-010.jpg
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Nothing today. But.... on Thanksgiving day, on a very beautiful, unseasonably warm and sunny afternoon for the Northeast at this time of year I dumped my Hawk going around a shaded suddenly decreasing radius curve I was unfamiliar with. It was totally stupid. Had plenty of cornering clearance left, and really knew better, but in a single moment's indecision and loss of focus I let the front tire get too close to the edge of the road. Next thing I know I hear what sounds like a crunching sound coming from my left shoulder and I am laying on the road. Ouch big pain.

I must have fallen in a hotbed of EMT Techs and Police because it seemed like I was surrounded by passersby concerned for my health and well being in less than two minutes. (I swear I barely stopped moving and I saw a guy running towards me from his front door!) I hurt so bad I could only sit up, but not get up so it was all welcome. After the typical "Hon, I am headed to the ER" phone call to my wife it was an ambulance ride to the hospital to find contusions to left shoulder, a fractured rib, a slight concussion and a little bit of road rash on knee and elbow, even though I was riding ATTGATT.

The bike needs work to left section of fairing and left pipe is badly rashed and dented. But since it mainly fell into dirt, mud and leaves it's not too bad. Electrics got F'd up somehow as I see no oil or neutral light with key on now, but headlight comes on and starter cranks. ( did not try starting yet though).

Been riding bikes off and on since 1973 and never did one of these run off the road mistakes before. Seems doesn't matter how long you ride, **** can still sneak up and surprise you in a moment's loss of focus.

Oh well at least my faith in humanity was restored by all the care and attention i got. One nice neighbor stored my bike under cover in her yard for me till I could get a flatbed the next day. The EMTs were all super as were the police and the neighbors.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
MotoGP

That sucks Crank!! Good thing you weren't out in the middle of nowhere. You should be able to patch yourself and the bike up by next season. Glad you're OK!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Crank,

Guess the old saying, "Its not if, its when" is always a constant with murphy's help.
Glad to hear that you are not too injured, as to be not able to post. Your bike seems
to have faired as well. Those decreasing radius turns are challenging enough when known(for me). ATTGATT certainly must have helped. Hope you and your bike heal
-up well enough soon. It was a blessing to have had people around you after the incident. Someone was watching over you... Ride On....
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Squid

jcvtr is on a distinguished road
today i installed a new chain slider. clean up the gunk in the counter sprocket area. ( I cannot believe how much i managed to dig out) Clean up the clutch shaft area. (Gunked like mad). Now the clutch is much smoother!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Get well soon Crankefine! I also dropped my bike on Thursday, but it was my XR, and it was six times on a hill climb at night. I finally made it.

jcvtr, I'm going to try that while the SuperHawk is idle, waiting for tire money.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Tire money is here. I ordered a set of Pilot Power 2ct. My friends have done well with them. Turn this into a tire thread if you want to, we should be able to talk about tires once in a while!
I also got my fork preload adjusters. I went with black. The size is 14mm if anyone didn't know.
My buddy is calling me out with a Ninja 1000 from '88. We are both good riders but he thinks the Ninja has it all over me. We will figure somethings out when I get my new tires.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:38 AM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Glockpointer, your buddys dreaming on the '88 ninja...

Picked up a new set of Honda pads for the rear, and cush drive rubbers - mine have way too much play.

New tires are next. Going to try Metzeler Z8 interact for a longer lasting street tire. Thinking of getting a new Q2 for the spare set of rims off my parts bike. Swap back and forth depending on the type of riding I plan on doing next season... superslab, or canyon carving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your SuperHawk today?