General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related
View Poll Results: SHOG Rally Lodging?
Treetops and The Ridge ($120/person/week for 15 people)
75.00%
Crossroads of Time (Camping or Cabin)
12.50%
Other (please mention your recommendation)
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

SHOG Rally Lodging

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:50 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I MIGHT. but I still can't say yes or no yet. I'm gonna go with some buddies hopefully and I think it overlaps this so I'd meet up with ya'll IF I go...
Old 12-27-2006, 06:03 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
If i am able to attend i will most likely stay on the west side of the gap near Maryville at http://www.punkincentermotorcycleresort.com.

This is a kewl motorcycle resort with small and larger cabin as well as RV and tent camping.

He has a large outdoor deck with satalite and beer on tap.

Stayed there twice last year and had a blast. usually has a large bon-fire and for those that wish to par-take two burn-out pits. Somebody always gets the urge to burn-out their old sport tire or Hardley tire.

Its about 1/4 mile off of hwy 129 located about 10 miles from the west side of the Delas Gap overlook in TN.

Funny how this road gets so much credit for being in NC when 90 % of the gap is actually in TN.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:23 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I will be taking weather into consideration, though I also realize from personal experience, that you will get wet 6 out of 10 rides on the Cherohola.
I stopped following this thread after the ride date was made since I can't make any spring commitments due to work. Anyhoo, I started reading it again tonight.

The gap gets more rainfall than the pacific northwest. Fact. Bring raingear no matter what time of the year. Also, I froze my south texan *** off in June up there on the cherohala since I only brought mesh (newbie dumbass).

I stayed in robbinsville at the microtel (thumbs up). Except for the crossroads of time, I don't know anything about the other choices. The COT has no place to eat without riding many miles except the gas station (yummy, not).

For those of you who don't know the region, it's dry. Umm, we're not talkin' rainfall again. That means no alcohol in many locales like robbinsville. You've been warned.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:06 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Cross Roads of Time has a large resturant now, burgers, chicken etc. Probably seats 50 to 60 people. Very very busy
Old 12-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Unfortunately I cannot commit because I haven't the means to get there. I don't have a trailer (yet!) and the pickup just hasn't got the room for the bike and a week's worth of crapola.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I really wanted to take the 1000RR as a backup but if you can make it up this way to Saratoga I can plan on leaving the 1000RR behind and we can split the gas. I have a 3-rail trailer. The wife's 600RR is coming along. Consider it.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
BUMP

That's all we have confirmed? (according to Greg's numbers in Post 1 of this thread)

I hope more folks than that can make it.
Heck, you're liable to see that many SHs on any given weekend at The Gap.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
No kidding!!! Come on guys, ante up and put in those vacation slips to your employers! May 4th-6th! I'm going to call Friday to make reservations so if you miss out you'll be staying somewhere else. This place includes a locked garage area to put the bikes in at night and will only be $140 per person for the ENTIRE WEEK, whether you choose to stay the whole time or not. Hell, if you stay for 3 days it's still cheaper than Econolodge.

I have just emailed all SHF members. Hopefully this will attract more attention.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
I plan on going however on the 5th of May I'm suppose to attend my Graduation ceremony, so I should be there the 4th and 6th
Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Sgt,

Are you staying with us at Treetops?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Greg, I greatly appreciate the offer but if you really want to take the RR don't leave it behind on my account. Let me know what you're most comfortable doing because taking the time off shouldn't be a problem. As long as I give the boss some forewarning he doesn't have much choice, so the girlfriend (probably) and I would be there for the week.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Administrator
World Champion

I'd rather leave the RR behind and have another SHF member join us. Lemme know. You will have to make it up my way (Albany) with the bike and your stuff because I can't go all the way to Long Island and then backtrack. I'll be taking 88W to 81S. 81S takes us almost all the way there.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
That's mighty generous of you. Making it up your way should pose no problem. I figure I can ride up and the girlfriend can bring the 'support vehicle' with our crap in it. I'll try to let you know by this weekend; I know you want to get reservations in order.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Thanks for the mass e-mail. That's actually the first time I heard about the trip. I can't commit due to family issues, but I'll be there if I'm able. Maybe someone could organize a meeting spot for everyone, so that those of us that didn't get in on the treetops deal can still meet up with the rest of you?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Yes, a meeting place/time will be scheduled for both days to accomodate those camping and staying elsewhere. More to come the closer we get. I'm still planning this in my head and if you have any suggestions please feel free to PM me with them.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a co-organizer in case something happens to me. I'm getting to that age, ya' know... Any volunteers?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Yes, a meeting place/time will be scheduled for both days to accomodate those camping and staying elsewhere. More to come the closer we get. I'm still planning this in my head and if you have any suggestions please feel free to PM me with them.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a co-organizer in case something happens to me. I'm getting to that age, ya' know... Any volunteers?

I am thinking that a meet and greet, welcome by the local Hooters Girls would be nice, maybe a wet tee shirt contest, I'll volunteer to judge!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Sgt,

Are you staying with us at Treetops?

I want to but my parents will be in town that weekend but I can scoot over with no problem.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
I am thinking that a meet and greet, welcome by the local Hooters Girls would be nice, maybe a wet tee shirt contest, I'll volunteer to judge!

Here, I got one for ya'....

Shwing!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Birthday boy today, eh Greg? Congrats.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Thread closed. See part II. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=4441