General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

POLL - SHOG Rally Lodging (Part II)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
POLL - SHOG Rally Lodging (Part II)

Now that the dates have changed (now Sat 6/9 and Sun 6/10) We are on our own for lodging. I'll update this post to reflect confirmations as it changes.

Hawkrider (Greg) and spouse
Brian A
Thumper
Sgt Rock
RAM
BMiller

Total attending

Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Superstock

kmm996
So what are the official dates. I'm going to make a solid descision tonight. Need all the info I can get for scheduling, lodging ect...
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Sorry. Updated first post.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
So why the change?? I won't know for sure. Have to see if I am working by that time...Got to get a job....I know, that sucks....

R
Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Squid

dpenix76 is on a distinguished road
I am going to try to ride down for the day with my brother in law as I am only a couple hours away.I dont think I will be staying overnight though.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in, but i will be staying at Punkin Motorcycle Resort 9 miles east of the gap on hwy 129 and i hope to bring my girl friend along on her sv650s
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
So why the change?? I won't know for sure. Have to see if I am working by that time...Got to get a job....I know, that sucks....

R

I made the decision based on some comments about weather and some other stuff on the other thread. That, and the fact that my kid will be out of school so it'll be easier to get my wife to come along.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be attending
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
What nights would be ours at the Treetops, only 9th and 10th? Also, what is the rough idea of cost to stay? Last, when do you need a definate answer?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Sorry, forgot to include that info. The available dates are 9th to the 16th for Treetops. I have not made the reservations yet. We don't have enough people to make it financially feasable.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
I might have a couple more if you don't care that they are on cruisers.....would help with the financial end....can let you know.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I made the decision based on some comments about weather and some other stuff on the other thread. That, and the fact that my kid will be out of school so it'll be easier to get my wife to come along.

Cool, I won't know about those dates for a little while, most likely I will be able to make it, as I would want to stay for several nights...

yeah let us know about allowing others to join, I can ask on the charlotte forum if anyone wants to go...may have some takers...
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator
World Champion

As for other folks, bring 'em!!! You meet the nicest people on a Honda! If they can hang...or even if they can't we'll wait for 'em at the intersections and lookouts.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

there is an SV rally that weekend, and a ZX-10r.net rally as well...Are we sure that the treetops would be available?? If I can make it, I aint camping...I need my beauty sleep in a comfy bed....
Old 01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Yes, that date is available, but the longer it takes to get enough people to buy in, the less chance we have at the Treetops. If we do get enough and it's not available any more then I will take it upon myself to find somewhere else equally as nice and about the same price.

Does this mean you're in for Treetops?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

when I find out for sure that I can go, yes I will be in for treetops...I posted it on the Charlotte forum, and it seems like it is going to be a crowded weekend...ZX10R, Superhawk,R1 forum, FZ1 and a SV rallies...lots o folks....

Seems that during the week will be the best time to ride....
Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Could ya sticky this thing?! My wife & I have been talking about going. Looks positive... we'll try to come to a decision this week.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Any more details...Anyone else going, or is this dead??

Any thoughts on Shady Valley? google it...
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Administrator
World Champion

It might be dead - for lodging, that is. Hell, at this point we only have 6 TOTAL (!) confirmed going and only 3 that want to lodge together. I'm still going, but if there's no turn-around on this then we'll all be on our own for lodging.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

It might be dead - for lodging, that is. Hell, at this point we only have 6 TOTAL (!) confirmed going and only 3 that want to lodge together. I'm still going, but if there's no turn-around on this then we'll all be on our own for lodging.

that would suck...As the point would be to get together and cut up and have fun, then ride like hell....

I can't imagine there being a cheaper route, unless you camp...and then it's not that much cheaper...perhaps we could look at treetops just for the weekend? then for those that would be staying longer could make arrangements on there own...ie hotels and stuff...I had a link for one that offered good rates, on a 4 to a room joint down there....let me see if I can find it...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
So Where's it stand for SHOG?

Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Rally is still on! Group lodging is still up in the air.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
SuperBike

Shog

Rally is still on! Group lodging is still up in the air.

Did you pick the date to clear out before the Honda Hoot? Which is when I was hoping to get down there. The weather and roads will still be iffy that early in June, though more free of traffic and enforcement activity? I'm not sure I can get away yet, and my local "club" is planning to go down for the Hoot; though my best riding Bud and I have not finalized our plans. What lodging is still open? You staying at the Treetops?

Did you get my email about pics of your mc installation? I'm planning on still installing the RC-51 mc and have done a test installation. It seems the resevoir will block the gauges a bit.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Livin it up!
Squid

BMiller is on a distinguished road
I think I may be coming for sure, and my buddy Scott on his big bad Tiller may be making the trip as well. Need to figure out where we want to stay. I usually stay at the Phillip's Motel in Robbinsville.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
SuperBike

Does she still want them...

Does that "nekked" girl still want her "clothes", or are they for sale?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Livin it up!
Squid

Originally Posted by skokievtr
Does that "nekked" girl still want her "clothes", or are they for sale?
They could be for sale if the price is right.........mind you they need work, but are complete
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Count me out this time around. If I did this, I'd have to bail on my Virginia buddies annual trip - Marion/Shady Valley this year.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Livin it up!
Squid

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Count me out this time around. If I did this, I'd have to bail on my Virginia buddies annual trip - Marion/Shady Valley this year.
I used to live in Kingsport, TN..........Shady Valley was less then 35 min. away
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I am riding up to Shady Valley in a few weeks with my local group, they adopted a stretch up there for cleanup, never been but it sounds and looks like it would be fun....
Seems like there is not as much traffic as the Gap, and way more roads...hmmmm Shog rally in the Vally...Hey that even has a nice sound...maybe next year....

So did we get a deffinate price on treetops for the week??, I think when the loacal group here goes they get a helluv a deal...
Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator
World Champion

No go on Treetops at this point. Not enough folks went in together to make it a good deal. It looks as if we're on our own for lodging. If anyone wants to go in on a cabin at COT lemme know via email or PM.

Quick Reply: POLL - SHOG Rally Lodging (Part II)