General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

NOOO!!! DAMMIT!! HAWK DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
NOOO!!! DAMMIT!! HAWK DOWN

Well sad to say I was going to the bank to talk to my load officer and was happy to hear he is goign to help me out.. My days looking good already. I stepped out and my eyes opened up. Couple girls standing there, they asked me if that was mine. I was yea what happen? She say she ran it over with her SUV. I just got it to be a rc51 and now its just a bike on its side.. The mother showed up and start pushing to me like its my fault.. I wasn't there! You guys know how that goes, I was pissed when she showed up.. I say nobody hurt it just a bike," I'm not making it hard on you guys but you guys are making it hard on me for some reason". BS for me.. She say she goign to pay for it>> hahah wait until she see the bill on my mid pipe and 2 bro exhaust and my race fairing.. got a bent clutch handle bar bent shifter left side is just fucked.. upload some more picture to night

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about this.... but it is kind of scary that you have a "load officer".......lol
Old 05-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Back Marker

kj4kym is on a distinguished road
hate to hear about you bike, i really like that one. at least you didnt have to see it go down.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
that sucks man, i really like your bike too, hope you get it sorted out. check for cracks i the frame, if i remember right another members bike was nudged over in a parking lot and the frame cracked from it
Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Superstock

haha loan officer.. hahaha sorry.. Yea dealing with insurance right now.. Pretty sure they will total it.. cost more to fix then replace my insurance company say so.. My shoei helmet worth 500+ I just want my hawk back together I spent so much time on it.... Turn out that she hit my bike at the frotn wheels.. so have to get that check out
Old 05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Superstock

spladle160 is on a distinguished road
That sucks, I hope you had the police come do a report, It would be a shame if you don't put it back together, it looked great. If the front end is messed up it's just a good excuse for an upgrade
Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear about the bike, but like you said nobody was hurt. not sure if this is the case, but i have seen alot of close calls as the cage would see what appears to be an empty spot (car no side-blocker) as they just deciede to drive right in. check the frame and take it from there. you will get her back to lookin great again.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Superstock

They say and is pretty sure they going to total it.. so i'ma go join the R1 forum.. hahaha Kidding I love the hawk.. buying it back and fix it back up.. so any parts guys? Shifter Left handle, Clutch lever . more but thats the main part i need i can fix the fairing later and mirror.. probably bent my mirror bracket too. already got part for fork.. They say because its a 98 they not goign to give me much off it but i think its bs it only have 23000 mile one it.. kbbb suggested 2900 for it with no mod with 75000 mile but mine only 23 sso hopefully i can get decent quote off it.. I can't buy a bike for 2900 $.. Oh yea that girl even ran over my front wheels so need new tires dont knwo if the wheel bent
Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
Ouch! That really sucks. Sorry to hear
Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by AngryOlaf
Ouch! That really sucks. Sorry to hear
you know i was actually goign to stop by usps to send you that signal.. sorry man have to put it off again
Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by doomcookie
you know i was actually goign to stop by usps to send you that signal.. sorry man have to put it off again
No worries! It's not a rush so whenever you have a chance.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:57 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, hope you make out alright with the insurance and get it back together again.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear of your rotten luck. Just be glad you weren't sitting on it at a red light, like I was about 10 weeks ago. Mine was totaled as well. But my love of the SuperHawk made it a no brainer that I would get it back on the road. I got it back 2 weeks ago with Yoshimura titanium slip-ons (it had stock cans, $1100 a pair) and some damaged cosmetic parts left on the bike.

Can you get any "pain and suffering" from her insurance? In traffic accidents the one who gets hit always ends up getting screwed. And all they were doing was minding their own business.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Sorry to hear of your rotten luck. Just be glad you weren't sitting on it at a red light, like I was about 10 weeks ago. Mine was totaled as well. But my love of the SuperHawk made it a no brainer that I would get it back on the road. I got it back 2 weeks ago with Yoshimura titanium slip-ons (it had stock cans, $1100 a pair) and some damaged cosmetic parts left on the bike.

Can you get any "pain and suffering" from her insurance? In traffic accidents the one who gets hit always ends up getting screwed. And all they were doing was minding their own business.

You got any tips for me..?? Insurance is coming out Tuesday just want a fair price for my bike and my helmet.. that lady told her insurance that i was illegally parking.. that bitch, I was legal she say that because she doesn't want 100% fault and the daughter didn't even get a ticket because the cops know them.. So i know where this is going.. After i got my bike home I got on my computer and print out my phone picture and walk into the police department and throw it on his desk and say there you go I was legally parked and she knocked over. I was actually going to wait until he file that accident report and then nail him with false filing.. I hate people like that. They hit you and blame its your fault for being there. I picked up the bike after i took some picture because i wanted to fix it not let it flood out. Like a lot of you guys I just want my bike back.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
it won't matter to the insurance company whether you were parked illegally or not. She hit something that wasn't moving its her fault 100% and the insurance companies will always see it that way too. (The wife works for an insurance company) The only way they wouldn't would be if you parked it in the middle of the street around a blind corner. Did you? Ha I don't think so.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Superstock

I just talked to the adjuster ten minutes ago.. He say its a economic loss. Other word total.. But he gotta go back and look the the price of totaling it out.. I told him I would like to buy it back if it comes to that... I don't know whats the buy back value going to be..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Superstock

******* insurance... I had a good argument with them this morning and woke everyone in the house up.. **** me off.. They gave me 2900 and tax and everything it came up to 3200 or something.. buy back is 700.. Which is okay its sound about right.. Then i was like what about my helmet.. They say they will give me 150 for the helmet I was WHAT!!!! thats when it started, **** just hit the fan. I say i pay 500 dollar for that helmet.. They say its used I told them i only wore it twice cause i wear my kbc most of the time. The day i decided to wear my shoei the bitch ran over my bike. I told them a helmet right now start at 200-300 dollar. Shoei RF-1000 right now is 389.00 brand new I told them that's all you have to pay me. You don't have to give me 500 for it just give me the amount it cost to buy the same helmet now which is 389. They say if i can prove i buy it for 500 then they will give me 300 for it. I'm okay with 300 better than 150. So I send them a receipt. Man I was mad.. Yes! over a helmet.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
I dont blame you for getting pissed off, money is money dammit!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by AdamK
I dont blame you for getting pissed off, money is money dammit!!!
I agree completely... My fairing is up for sale https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=22757
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Superstock

update

Hey guys got all my parts order.. the shifter i just heat it up and bent it back out work out well.. getting both new levers.. left handle bar..

About the fairing well I decided to keep it.. so I need to delete my post on the other thread.. My buddy going to fix it up for me and paint it for 350.. So instead of buying new fairing and having it paint total cost around 800.. figure save some spending and get it fix.. CBR fairing doesn't look natural .. plus a guy walk up to my house today and comment on the way the bike look.. So yea going to be back on the rode in 2 week.. going to get a set of APE next week and putting it on.. getting my fork fix this weekend.. can't believe the deal want 208 for one fork.. I'ma do it myself