General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Disaster strikes............the Hawk is down.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 07:36 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Disaster strikes............the Hawk is down.

I didn't get a chance until now to tell you guys what happened to my Hawk. But here it goes. The day is the 15th of August, 2004, 2 weeks before my birthday. I get invited to my uncle's house for a BBQ. SO I go and park my bike on his driveway that he shares with his neighboor at his condo. half an hour later disaster strikes. His neighboor comes knocking on his door. She says she is very sorry that she hit my bike. When I heard that she hit my bike, I jumped out of my seat and hurried outside to a horrible view. I had my yellow helmet on my left mirror. She managed to back up straight with her car and hit the helmet dead on. She knocked the bike over on its right side. So I go out there and see my poor hawk down. I grab it and lifted it by myself (guess it was the adrenaline). And I start looking over the damage, or let's say a whole lot of damage. The left mirror broke inside the helmet, right mirror scratched, windshield broke, engine case cover is cracked, oil leaking everywhere, both fairings broke and cracked, exhaust pipe is bent, rear cowl is scratched, front break lever is broke and a whole lot of other knicks and knacks and scratches . Anyways I filed a case with her insurrance and they agreed to pay for everything and the bill came up to 4600$. Yes, 4600$ and they didn't total it. I wouldn't believe it.the custom paint and the exhaust system were 2 grand by themselves. A new helmet and everything else. She was pissed when her insurrance called her. But she gets to pay for her mistakes. Here are a few pics.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, that sucks. I went down on my 'Hawk yesterday, lowsided it. Bike took the fall pretty well with only some rash to the left panel and pipe. Fixed everything else yesterday.... very sore today though. Thank God for full gear!

Later
Old 09-06-2004, 04:05 PM
SuperSport

Re: Disaster strikes............the Hawk is down.

what happened dude. How did you lowside. For me I thank God that the accident happened while I wasn't riding. I hope you feel better. What kinda tires are you running? Anyways, my bike should be all fixed soon and I cannot wait to ride again. Being without a bike sucks.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM
faz
Superstock

faz

that hardly looks like $4000 worth of damage!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:08 AM
SuperSport

THat's what the insurrance agent and the shop came up with. I had no idea it would come up to more than 4g. But the insurrance agent said that the parts were expensive and that they had to repaint it the same custom color. The list of broken parts was extensive. All the little parts that got scratched and need to be replaced. The insurrance agent is going to take all the old parts that are going to be replaced. Plus my old helmet.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Sorry to hear about your "incident". That really sucks! I think I probably would be in jail for "assault on a stupid person".

Did you freak out on her for not looking "behind" her while she was backing up?????

Did she happen to be driving a minivan??? That would make even more sense.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:15 AM
SuperSport

Dude, I came sooo close to loosing it. And she is young, like 25, but she is totally blonde. She was driving her husband's ford focus and she said, she thought she had more room to back up and she did...into my Hawk. She felt I was starting to loose my temper, so she said she is gonna give me all her insurrance info and that she is fully insurred. Here is a pic. Notice the big dent in the left side of her trunk. That's where the trunk hit the helmet on my left mirror.