Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

High Mount Passenger Pegs

Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Squid

badassliftedf150 is on a distinguished road
High Mount Passenger Pegs

If you have any kind of low to high mount exhaust cans on your hawk, you more than likely lost your rear peg brackets. Some kits do come with extensions, but you end up with the pegs sticking way out and still have the hole for the exhaust mount dangling in the wind. Check this out, I took some 03-04 CBR 600rr rear peg mounts, slotted the mounting hole out .100 thousands on the ends of each hole. changed the bolts to a smaller head, added a spacer washer to make even with the 1/8 inch thick exhaust hanger, and voila!!!!! looks stock, alloy matches the rest of the bike, and clears the cans with no extra holes.......(CBR600 exhaust comes out under the seat, so no need for exhaust mounts.) Very clean look, and easy installation. I picked up the brackets on ebay for $100, but you can find them even cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails High Mount Passenger Pegs-pegs-002.jpg  

Last edited by badassliftedf150; 05-01-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
That's cool but I don't think those will work with any of the high mount S-bends I've seen or owned. What kind of exhaust do you have? The reason they have the spacers and they have to stick out is so they clear the front of the muffler. Your pipes have that low to high bend I've only seen in the early Yosh full systems, or that I've done myself with a low/standard mount midpipe and high mount hangers. Plus if the hole on the stock hangers bothers you I've seen guys just cut them off.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Squid

DocTremblay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
That's cool but I don't think those will work with any of the high mount S-bends I've seen or owned. What kind of exhaust do you have? The reason they have the spacers and they have to stick out is so they clear the front of the muffler. Your pipes have that low to high bend I've only seen in the early Yosh full systems, or that I've done myself with a low/standard mount midpipe and high mount hangers. Plus if the hole on the stock hangers bothers you I've seen guys just cut them off.
I have an 2 Bros. high mount and noticed that the passenger pegs from a Ducati S2R/S4R (newer models) will fit.

The right side mount will clear the exhaust no problem. With the left side exhaust, you need to create a simple 1/2" or 1" inch plate to make enough clearance.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Squid

badassliftedf150 is on a distinguished road
I have D&D, came on the bike when purchased, not my first choice, a little loud, but the bike runs like a raped ape so Ill leave em alone for now.