Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Custom exhaust question

Old 06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Squid

MessF4 is on a distinguished road
Question Two Bros midpipe diameter

Hey gang-
This is my first post, so please go easy on me. I have been on a superhawk since '01, but am dabbling in getting my first aftermarket exhaust for it. Up until now, I have been appeased by my baffelectomy, but am now wanting to get rid of the stock exhausts.

I have an extra set of Sato slip-ons for an RC51 that I also own. My question is this. Does anyone know of the approximate diameter of "any" manufacturer's midpipe where it meets the slip on? I would like to use the Ti slip-on cans that I have, rather than spend $700 on a whole new set. I know I can purchase just the mid-pipes, but I'd like to have an approximate idea on whether or not the fit will be somewhat kosher. The inlet on the Sato slip-on is about 2" in diameter.

Thanks in advance for any and all replys!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
So are the Moriwaki, and the Hindle. Unfortunately they are about 3mm off. The Mori hole is too big for the Hindle midpipe. I think TBRs are 2" as well, but I'd get a calipers to measure vice a ruler. You need exact measurements. Don't settle for less or you'll end up buying something that won't fit.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Stock rc51 midpipes are slightly larger ID than the VTR (see my avatar) so using aftermarket rc midpipes should also not fit tightly to the vtr's headers.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Squid

Two Bros specific....Diameter of midpipe

Okay, thanks for the replys. Now I'm going to switch up the question a little bit. Can anybody tell me what the diameter of the Two Bros mid pipe is, where it meets the slip-on? I can get the midpipe for $200. I have a Sato slip-on. I just want to see if the two will work together. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
2" o.d. for the 2 bros. I see you live in Bristol, I lived in C.T. for the first 19 years of my life, mostly in a little town called Hebron. I have friends that live in Unionville, Farmington and Avon and family in East Granby and West Hartford.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Squid

Superhawk22...Thanks very much for the info. :wink: I've lived here in Bristol for all of my life. I know exactly where Hebron is. I've got friends that live in Colchester, the next town over. I love the area out in Eastern CT.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:34 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small world...I loved everything about it.....except the cold winters I can't stand the cold weather....50 or below is cold for me now....brrrr. I might be up there this summer to visit my grandfather, might bring the bike with me, I still know some pretty nice roads up there....that's what I really miss I've got to go to the track for corners down here.