SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Custom exhaust question (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/custom-exhaust-question-9036/)

MessF4 06-27-2006 06:05 PM

Two Bros midpipe diameter

Hey gang-
This is my first post, so please go easy on me. I have been on a superhawk since '01, but am dabbling in getting my first aftermarket exhaust for it. Up until now, I have been appeased by my baffelectomy, but am now wanting to get rid of the stock exhausts.

I have an extra set of Sato slip-ons for an RC51 that I also own. My question is this. Does anyone know of the approximate diameter of "any" manufacturer's midpipe where it meets the slip on? I would like to use the Ti slip-on cans that I have, rather than spend $700 on a whole new set. I know I can purchase just the mid-pipes, but I'd like to have an approximate idea on whether or not the fit will be somewhat kosher. The inlet on the Sato slip-on is about 2" in diameter.

Thanks in advance for any and all replys! :mrgreen:

Hawkrider 06-27-2006 08:13 PM

So are the Moriwaki, and the Hindle. Unfortunately they are about 3mm off. The Mori hole is too big for the Hindle midpipe. I think TBRs are 2" as well, but I'd get a calipers to measure vice a ruler. You need exact measurements. Don't settle for less or you'll end up buying something that won't fit.

superbling 06-27-2006 09:31 PM

Stock rc51 midpipes are slightly larger ID than the VTR (see my avatar) so using aftermarket rc midpipes should also not fit tightly to the vtr's headers.

MessF4 06-28-2006 10:09 AM

Two Bros specific....Diameter of midpipe

Okay, thanks for the replys. Now I'm going to switch up the question a little bit. Can anybody tell me what the diameter of the Two Bros mid pipe is, where it meets the slip-on? I can get the midpipe for $200. I have a Sato slip-on. I just want to see if the two will work together. Thanks.

superhawk22 06-28-2006 10:40 AM

2" o.d. for the 2 bros. I see you live in Bristol, I lived in C.T. for the first 19 years of my life, mostly in a little town called Hebron. I have friends that live in Unionville, Farmington and Avon and family in East Granby and West Hartford.

MessF4 06-28-2006 11:26 AM

Superhawk22...Thanks very much for the info. :wink: I've lived here in Bristol for all of my life. I know exactly where Hebron is. I've got friends that live in Colchester, the next town over. I love the area out in Eastern CT.

superhawk22 06-28-2006 11:34 AM

:cool: Small world...I loved everything about it.....except the cold winters:evil: I can't stand the cold weather....50 or below is cold for me now....brrrr. I might be up there this summer to visit my grandfather, might bring the bike with me, I still know some pretty nice roads up there....that's what I really miss I've got to go to the track for corners down here.