Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Winter Diet Comming up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Winter Diet Comming up.

Well, With deployment tont happening till later on well after the cold months have set in I want to take her appart and try and make her a little lighter, dare I say agile. I know a few have gotten theirs down but almost 100 lbs. I would love to do this and just fun for the winter time. Stating off cheap and simple with a frame diet... if there is anything to loose there, then down to new wheels or lighter used... Ideas will be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Hummmm.... not sure you'd be able to lose 100lbs, but it's certainly a good goal. I'd say on the frame the only place where significant gains can be had is the rear subframe. It's steel currently but could be aluminum (or carbon, if you dare). Most of the time weight loss is very expensive. Consider carbon/mag wheels for example. Exhaust is another place where you can shave a few. I think no matter what you are looking at fabrication every step along the way.

If you go for it make sure to keep us updated. Maybe you can find some creative ways to shave some pounds!