Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Trade Exhuast Systems?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Squid

Rican219 is on a distinguished road
Trade Exhuast Systems?

Anyone want a High Mounted system? Staintune System sounds awesome great build quality research says its one of the best I just don't like highmount.

Looking for a 2 Brothers or Yoshi gotta be in Great shape as this system is that I have. It's stupid expensive from the research I have done and I maybe loosing out but not liking it high like it is.

Any Takers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055Lz4x4k1U

Last edited by Rican219; 06-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I am hopping on Ebay to find you a system to trade with you!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ View Post
I am hopping on Ebay to find you a system to trade with you!
Already did wiseass HAHA couldn't find anything nice used that was worth it. Honestly I was VERY impressed with the quality of the Delkevics. As nice as anything else I've seen (and I've tried most of them over the years), and besides the Danmotos they're also the least expensive new.

Can't believe with all the crap in my garage I don't have a decent pair of low-mounts at the moment. That deal shouldn't last long.

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-10-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Squid

I ordered the DanMotos but not really happy with those. Really liking the Yoshimura (had the RS3 on my last bike) or 2 Brothers (stainless or titanium). Don't need it too loud about the same sound these make is cool with me.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
Already did wiseass HAHA couldn't find anything nice used that was worth it
Ah nuts haha

Can't believe with all the crap in my garage I don't have a decent pair of low-mounts at the moment. That deal shouldn't last long.
Yeah, I thought of everyone here, you would have snatched this up in a heartbeat with your treasure trove of parts
Old 06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ View Post
Ah nuts haha

Yeah, I thought of everyone here, you would have snatched this up in a heartbeat with your treasure trove of parts
Eh I've actually been keeping it pretty slim lately (mostly because I'm broke lol). Other than a few takeoff spare stock parts, some random leftovers from a partout and an exhaust here and there the real treasure trove is my '98 but I haven't the heart to part it out yet. It's taken years to find all that $hit though and I'd never be able to find some of that stuff again. One day I'll pull it out of the corner and finish it, it's been 95% done for probably 7 or 8 years. It'd be like pirahnas on here if I ever did I'd have do a little at a time haha. Trying to reinvent myself and get hired with fire-rescue plus hold onto my house and my girl and my sanity...

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-10-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:53 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Rican219 View Post
I ordered the DanMotos but not really happy with those. Really liking the Yoshimura (had the RS3 on my last bike) or 2 Brothers (stainless or titanium). Don't need it too loud about the same sound these make is cool with me.
If you like a mellow sound the street Yoshis are the only pipes I've ever heard where I was impressed with how quiet they were for stock. If you like the TBRs they were the first thing I thought of when I got my hands on the Delkevics. Very high quality-beautiful design and materials, everything mirror polished. Can't beat them for the money and as nice as anything else I've seen. Nothing like the recycled beer cans that the Danmotos are (but in fairness you can't beat them for the price). Plus I've sold many used system for as much or more than what they cost brand new. Check them out-they also have a bunch of different options with material and muffler lengths.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
ill trade you my hindle set up. its "semi" high mount tho

Name:  538725f6-5517-4f03-9ef4-f1001eccf9f4.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  95.0 KB

but you would have to send me yours and once i get them id send you mine, i commute on my bike so i cant have the down time
Old 06-11-2014, 01:24 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
it'd be worth buying a new set of rs3s for that trade
Old 06-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Squid

bobbyd is on a distinguished road
PM sent.

I have an immaculate set of original Superhawk exhausts, they were pulled off the bike at the dealer and fitted with Staintune lows.

If you're interested I'd be happy to send you some photos.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 06-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Squid

Thanks jscobey but yeah still too high and I need to keep rear foot pegs for wifey.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 AM
Squid

If you like a mellow sound the street Yoshis are the only pipes I've ever heard where I was impressed with how quiet they were for stock. If you like the TBRs they were the first thing I thought of when I got my hands on the Delkevics. Very high quality-beautiful design and materials, everything mirror polished. Can't beat them for the money and as nice as anything else I've seen. Nothing like the recycled beer cans that the Danmotos are (but in fairness you can't beat them for the price). Plus I've sold many used system for as much or more than what they cost brand new. Check them out-they also have a bunch of different options with material and muffler lengths.
Thanks! I will look into Delkevics.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:29 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Thanks jscobey but yeah still too high and I need to keep rear foot pegs for wifey.
Those are low mounts and will still work with your stock footpegs, he just rotated them higher with the hangers...I did the same way back when with low mount Hindles and Two Bros high mount hangers. The first pics in that thread are with the low(er) mount TBR hangers but in the next post I have a couple pics with high mount TBR hangers. The Hindles can be rotated a bit up or down like the pipes on the Ducati ST's could.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...hangers-15807/

And I don't want to **** on anyone's parade but if you trade those for a pair of stock mufflers I'm going to reach out across the internet and b#@ch slap you (Unless you're just feeling that generous because you're so overjoyed because you're a Cotto fan!)

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-11-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Squid

Which system from them sounds best? If I get a system I like then I will sell the system I currently have.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Squid

Those are low mounts and will still work with your stock footpegs, he just rotated them higher with the hangers...I did the same way back when with low mount Hindles and Two Bros high mount hangers. The first pics in that thread are with the low(er) mount TBR hangers but in the next post I have a couple pics with high mount TBR hangers. The Hindles can be rotated a bit up or down like the pipes on the Ducati ST's could.

Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers - SuperHawk Forum

And I don't want to **** on anyone's parade but if you trade those for a pair of stock mufflers I'm going to reach out across the internet and b#@ch slap you (Unless you're just feeling that generous because you're so overjoyed because you're a Cotto fan!)
I don't want the stockers I talked to him via pm.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Which system from them sounds best? If I get a system I like then I will sell the system I currently have.

Well from a looks standpoint they make them in several different lengths in oval, tri-oval, and mini (in beautiful mirror polished stainless or carbon fiber, and the midpipes are mirror polished) so there are a bunch of options. I've not compared them all but as I always say it's kind of hard to make a superhawk sound bad as long as both cylinders are firing. But as what "sounds best" is different to different people all I could say is I'd imagine the larger and longer the mufflers the quieter they'd be.

You'll find them all on ebay if you search "vtr1000f silencer." You'll see the Delkevic logo in the pictures. Or search "delkevic vtr1000f" and they'll come up under related items as the listing titles don't actually say "Delkevic" in them. Once you click on the auction they have a nice big picture of each individual set of slip ons on a superhawk as well so you can see what they look like, which is nice. Or you can just go to Delkevic.us. And no I don't work for them but again I was really impressed with their quality.

Besides that if you like something else better this is usually a good place to put up a wanted to buy listing to try to find it (I say try as a lot of the stuff you'll see on folks bikes is no longer available brand new). Those Hindles jscobey has are a real nice set and are very light.

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-11-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Amateur Hour, Every Hour
Squid

TboneNast is on a distinguished road
This would have been tempting had I not found OEM exhaust in mint condition for $60!