SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Trade Exhuast Systems? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/trade-exhuast-systems-32179/)

Rican219 06-10-2014 05:57 PM

Trade Exhuast Systems?

Anyone want a High Mounted system? Staintune System sounds awesome great build quality research says its one of the best I just don't like highmount.

Looking for a 2 Brothers or Yoshi gotta be in Great shape as this system is that I have. It's stupid expensive from the research I have done and I maybe loosing out but not liking it high like it is.

Any Takers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055Lz4x4k1U

CruxGNZ 06-10-2014 07:14 PM

I am hopping on Ebay to find you a system to trade with you!

captainchaos 06-10-2014 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 374289)
I am hopping on Ebay to find you a system to trade with you!

Already did wiseass HAHA couldn't find anything nice used that was worth it. Honestly I was VERY impressed with the quality of the Delkevics. As nice as anything else I've seen (and I've tried most of them over the years), and besides the Danmotos they're also the least expensive new.

Can't believe with all the crap in my garage I don't have a decent pair of low-mounts at the moment. That deal shouldn't last long.

Rican219 06-10-2014 07:39 PM

I ordered the DanMotos but not really happy with those. Really liking the Yoshimura (had the RS3 on my last bike) or 2 Brothers (stainless or titanium). Don't need it too loud about the same sound these make is cool with me.

CruxGNZ 06-10-2014 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 374291)
Already did wiseass HAHA couldn't find anything nice used that was worth it

Ah nuts haha

Can't believe with all the crap in my garage I don't have a decent pair of low-mounts at the moment. That deal shouldn't last long.
Yeah, I thought of everyone here, you would have snatched this up in a heartbeat with your treasure trove of parts :p

captainchaos 06-10-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 374296)
Ah nuts haha

Yeah, I thought of everyone here, you would have snatched this up in a heartbeat with your treasure trove of parts :p

Eh I've actually been keeping it pretty slim lately (mostly because I'm broke lol). Other than a few takeoff spare stock parts, some random leftovers from a partout and an exhaust here and there the real treasure trove is my '98 but I haven't the heart to part it out yet. It's taken years to find all that $hit though and I'd never be able to find some of that stuff again. One day I'll pull it out of the corner and finish it, it's been 95% done for probably 7 or 8 years. It'd be like pirahnas on here if I ever did I'd have do a little at a time haha. Trying to reinvent myself and get hired with fire-rescue plus hold onto my house and my girl and my sanity...

captainchaos 06-10-2014 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rican219 (Post 374294)
I ordered the DanMotos but not really happy with those. Really liking the Yoshimura (had the RS3 on my last bike) or 2 Brothers (stainless or titanium). Don't need it too loud about the same sound these make is cool with me.

If you like a mellow sound the street Yoshis are the only pipes I've ever heard where I was impressed with how quiet they were for stock. If you like the TBRs they were the first thing I thought of when I got my hands on the Delkevics. Very high quality-beautiful design and materials, everything mirror polished. Can't beat them for the money and as nice as anything else I've seen. Nothing like the recycled beer cans that the Danmotos are (but in fairness you can't beat them for the price). Plus I've sold many used system for as much or more than what they cost brand new. Check them out-they also have a bunch of different options with material and muffler lengths.

jscobey 06-10-2014 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ill trade you my hindle set up. its "semi" high mount tho

Attachment 22659

but you would have to send me yours and once i get them id send you mine, i commute on my bike so i cant have the down time

jerryh 06-11-2014 01:24 AM

it'd be worth buying a new set of rs3s for that trade

bobbyd 06-11-2014 01:51 AM

PM sent.

I have an immaculate set of original Superhawk exhausts, they were pulled off the bike at the dealer and fitted with Staintune lows.

If you're interested I'd be happy to send you some photos.

Cheers,
Alex

Rican219 06-11-2014 04:08 AM

Thanks jscobey but yeah still too high and I need to keep rear foot pegs for wifey.

Rican219 06-11-2014 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 374298)
If you like a mellow sound the street Yoshis are the only pipes I've ever heard where I was impressed with how quiet they were for stock. If you like the TBRs they were the first thing I thought of when I got my hands on the Delkevics. Very high quality-beautiful design and materials, everything mirror polished. Can't beat them for the money and as nice as anything else I've seen. Nothing like the recycled beer cans that the Danmotos are (but in fairness you can't beat them for the price). Plus I've sold many used system for as much or more than what they cost brand new. Check them out-they also have a bunch of different options with material and muffler lengths.

Thanks! I will look into Delkevics.

captainchaos 06-11-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rican219 (Post 374317)
Thanks jscobey but yeah still too high and I need to keep rear foot pegs for wifey.

Those are low mounts and will still work with your stock footpegs, he just rotated them higher with the hangers...I did the same way back when with low mount Hindles and Two Bros high mount hangers. The first pics in that thread are with the low(er) mount TBR hangers but in the next post I have a couple pics with high mount TBR hangers. The Hindles can be rotated a bit up or down like the pipes on the Ducati ST's could.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...hangers-15807/

And I don't want to piss on anyone's parade but if you trade those for a pair of stock mufflers I'm going to reach out across the internet and b#@ch slap you ;) (Unless you're just feeling that generous because you're so overjoyed because you're a Cotto fan!)

Rican219 06-11-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 374298)

Which system from them sounds best? If I get a system I like then I will sell the system I currently have.

Rican219 06-11-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 374321)
Those are low mounts and will still work with your stock footpegs, he just rotated them higher with the hangers...I did the same way back when with low mount Hindles and Two Bros high mount hangers. The first pics in that thread are with the low(er) mount TBR hangers but in the next post I have a couple pics with high mount TBR hangers. The Hindles can be rotated a bit up or down like the pipes on the Ducati ST's could.

Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers - SuperHawk Forum

And I don't want to piss on anyone's parade but if you trade those for a pair of stock mufflers I'm going to reach out across the internet and b#@ch slap you ;) (Unless you're just feeling that generous because you're so overjoyed because you're a Cotto fan!)

I don't want the stockers I talked to him via pm.

captainchaos 06-11-2014 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rican219 (Post 374351)
Which system from them sounds best? If I get a system I like then I will sell the system I currently have.

Well from a looks standpoint they make them in several different lengths in oval, tri-oval, and mini (in beautiful mirror polished stainless or carbon fiber, and the midpipes are mirror polished) so there are a bunch of options. I've not compared them all but as I always say it's kind of hard to make a superhawk sound bad as long as both cylinders are firing. But as what "sounds best" is different to different people all I could say is I'd imagine the larger and longer the mufflers the quieter they'd be.

You'll find them all on ebay if you search "vtr1000f silencer." You'll see the Delkevic logo in the pictures. Or search "delkevic vtr1000f" and they'll come up under related items as the listing titles don't actually say "Delkevic" in them. Once you click on the auction they have a nice big picture of each individual set of slip ons on a superhawk as well so you can see what they look like, which is nice. Or you can just go to Delkevic.us. And no I don't work for them but again I was really impressed with their quality.

Besides that if you like something else better this is usually a good place to put up a wanted to buy listing to try to find it (I say try as a lot of the stuff you'll see on folks bikes is no longer available brand new). Those Hindles jscobey has are a real nice set and are very light.

TboneNast 06-11-2014 09:48 PM

This would have been tempting had I not found OEM exhaust in mint condition for $60!