Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers

heres what i did with hangers Hawkrider sent me hope ya like it i got mid mount Hindles now rasied the pipe about 4.4 inches was covering the caliper b4

Whats every one think good or bad idea tweakin on the handers which are made or chromed aluminum ?
Attached Thumbnails Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers-100_5508.jpg   Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers-100_5506.jpg  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:29 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome. I tried the same thing awhile back with a pair of hindles and tbr high mount hangers to see if it would work. They fit up great with no bending and gave it that cool low to high mount look like the old full yosh systems for the superhawk and tl1000s
Attached Thumbnails Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers-hindle1.jpg   Jerry Riggin Pipe Hangers-hindle2.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-13-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

A little bending should be fine, just not too much back and forth...Are you sure they're chrome plated? If you rub them with some polish and the rag turns black they're just polished and not plated.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
A little bending should be fine, just not too much back and forth...Are you sure they're chrome plated? If you rub them with some polish and the rag turns black they're just polished and not plated.
I miss spoke i think there Magnesium but then you cant weld mag can u ? im confused since they weight only 10 grams a piece.... Some rosewell NM space craft **** i think

There's def a coating of something i chipped it when i bent them (good it dont show)

Thinking of going a bit higher just gotta watch my heels oh the right side with the lowered pegs damn size 14's....i Hate being a goon
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Haha I work with a friend with size 14's. He always has such a hard time finding shoes 'cause all the stores stop at 13. I'm selling a pair of ti tbr cans and that pair of tbr high mount hangers you see in the pic to a guy on here, but if he doesn't take/want the hangers I'll sell 'em to you for cheap. They look a bit higher than yours if that's what you're after. They're just black painted aluminum. I didn't have to bent anything- the hindle slip ons I had just rotated up and they fit. Mag can be welded, you just have be careful because it can burn and support it's own combustion, and water or dry powder fire extinguishers wont put it out (sounds scary ) Probably your biggest problem is finding someone who knows what the heck they're doing with it. Probably a high end race car or aircraft fabricator, etc. I can/could tig alum decent but have no equipment and could definitely use more practice. They could be titanium too.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Superstock

andy9743 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Looks awesome. I tried the same thing awhile back with a pair of hindles and tbr high mount hangers to see if it would work. They fit up great with no bending and gave it that cool low to high mount look like the old full yosh systems for the superhawk and tl1000s

that looks outstanding