Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Exhuast question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Squid

jonnykuhns is on a distinguished road
Exhuast question...

Well, I think I've decided what exhaust I'd like to get for my 04' Hawk and was wondering if I might get a little bit of feedback before making the purchase.

I've heard a few of the Two Bros. Pipes on various bikes and been really impressed with the sound. While I do like the "look" of the stock exhaust, I'm very fond of the looks of the titanium M5 exhaust from Two Bros.

My main concern is if it's the "right" exhuast. I'd love to hear some other opinions and ideas. I'm also going to gather that I'll need to jet the bike along with these pipes... (sorry, newb to bike modding)

The pipes I'd like:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...0--604264.html

Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Those don't look like the TBR pipes for the Superhawk.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Squid

They seem to make quite a few different styles in a number of different cannisters.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I think they are so new that nobody has them on their bike yet. I know TBR has decent quality and sound, at least on the C2 (?) can. I've not yet heard the C5 on a twin. You may be the first if you decide to go that way.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Squid

Any opinions between the M2 or M5? I'm gathering the only difference is size from what the website says.... It seems they both flow the same, the M5 is just bigger? I'd like to keep something pretty close to the stock size (not really any bigger). I guess I'll have to go out and do some measuring to find the closest one.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know much about TBR but that www.kneedraggers.com website is a good place...with quick delivery
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Squid

I was at the local shop today and saw an RC51 with a Akrapovic system. I was waiting around for a friends bike to be ready and this guy in the RC51 ended up coming out and taking off...

Well, needless to say it's one of the sexiest sounds I've ever heard (aside from a VR6 with a good exhaust). For whatever reason, Akrapovic doesn't make a slip on system for the Superhawk, just the full system with a really hefty pricetag.

My next question would be... can anyone suggest a similar sounding exhuast? I'd love to pick up the Akropovic, but I think it's going to be a bit of overkill. I may have to try and head up to our local bike night to get a sound sample of some other systems.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:01 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
You could always find a set of mid-pipes from another company,(or custom) and put the akra cans on.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Squid

Hmm, that is an interesting idea... Any ideas on where I might find a set of mid-pipes to work with the Akrapovic cans?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep an eye on the usual places....classified, Ebay, etc, or start calling around to the different exaust companies, they will sometimes sell you just the parts. I think 2bros wanted $299 or something like that for the highmounts when I was looking. But keep your eyes open here as well I sold 2 sets, (low and high) not too long ago when I put on my full system and couldn't use them anymore.