Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Fox twin clicker

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Fox twin clicker

Purchased a Fox TC from a member here a while back. Sent it off to JDM to get new seals and recharge. the spring was correct for my weight. Finally got around to replacing the stock pogo stick shock. What a difference! Smooth, compliant, predictable, rear feels very stable now. Just wow! Best mod for the money I have spent to date. Still need to set the sag. I can tell you that it can't be done solo (at least I can't, I tried). This install really punctuates how bad the stocker really is.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
the mods ive done to the suspension have been the most rewarding in terms of net performance gain per dollar spent.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Well I have to say I was wrong about the solo sag set. Now I didn't do the compression/decompression steps to obtain an average with rider. Just didn't see a way to do that. I did however figure a way to measure with me on the bike.
Had to back off a good bit on pre load and ended up at 35mm. I put a 1/3 of a turn back in and locked it there. Ride height now needs to be raised. Didn't have the manual with me and I dont want to f things up. I was able to reach up and get a crows foot on to the bottom of the shock and that's as far as I went.
The ride was good with way to much pre load. Now set very close to optimum the bike is just amazing! I now know why everyone that has upgraded their shock is so pleased. It's an altogether different bike.
Skip all the cosmetic and power mods and go straight to the shock first.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:14 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jscobey
the mods ive done to the suspension have been the most rewarding in terms of net performance gain per dollar spent.

I have (3)RC-51 - When I married 4yrs ago.. 1 ride on the 03 RC51 - with a nervous disgust.. That was that...
I bought the 2001 S-hawk(wanting a common interested) I had the 2001 set-up by GMDcomputrack / with Ohlins rear shock and front forks(Ohlins internials)

We RIDE.... Tail of the Dragon2012.. IT is the most rewarding up-grade..
Attached Thumbnails Fox twin clicker-cg-gg-stella.jpg