Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

R6 frontend on the Superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Squid

FLETCH is on a distinguished road
No the guy didnt say they were. When I told him what I wanted to do, the conversion guide was not working for him and he checked the measurements for both models and found the reason being that the bearing needed for the conversion was discontinued for the top bearing-I had told him a forum member had ordered one from there company and figured it had to be within the last few months or so. All he could think of was there was not a big enough need for the bearing so they discontinued it but it seems to be a bearing a lot of people are looking for with many different conversions-doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me but oh well it will get done one way or another. I have almost all the parts needed to start doing my swap and im sure ill run into some other issues just didnt think i was going to have an issue with the bearings. Ill post my swap once its done. Going a little different route-keeping cbr 600f3 wheel-20mm axle-zx10 forks-r6 clamps-cbr1100xx rotors-gsx1000r calipers-zx10 fender-adjustable clipons from danmoto. Hope to not run into a brick wall. Forum info has been awesome and a great help.