Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

in love with jardine

Old 10-11-2008, 11:11 AM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
The main reason I wrapped the header is just for cosmetics. Supossedly it helps exhaust scavenging but I just wanted to hide the discoloring of a ten year old pipe. I just went to the local Checker store and picked up 50' of header wrap, the one inch stuff. It was black to begin with but soon started to fade so thats when I painted it. Just painted right over the wrap but I did a little sanding on the midpipes first to rough them up a little. The paint I used is called VHT (very high temperature) flameproof. Got that at Checker too. It seems to holding up very well even where my shoes sometimes rub right behind the pegs.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Squid

Black Hawk is on a distinguished road
Question? With the slip on exhausts do you have to do any mods for the carb? Because I recently put on 2Bros slip on exhausts for my SH and while riding I can smell some gas. Is this normal?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:50 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mboe794
The main reason I wrapped the header is just for cosmetics. Supossedly it helps exhaust scavenging but I just wanted to hide the discoloring of a ten year old pipe. I just went to the local Checker store and picked up 50' of header wrap, the one inch stuff. It was black to begin with but soon started to fade so thats when I painted it. Just painted right over the wrap but I did a little sanding on the midpipes first to rough them up a little. The paint I used is called VHT (very high temperature) flameproof. Got that at Checker too. It seems to holding up very well even where my shoes sometimes rub right behind the pegs.
you didnt wrap the mid pipes did you? i think i want to do what you did with yours. it definitely looks a lot better.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:52 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Question? With the slip on exhausts do you have to do any mods for the carb? Because I recently put on 2Bros slip on exhausts for my SH and while riding I can smell some gas. Is this normal?
i didnt do anything to my bike other than putting the cans on. with your situation, and my limited knowledge, i would say you might need to install a jet kit and of course a new air filter with that jet kit. im not sure though.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
SuperSport

there is now a video in my first post.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:16 AM
SuperSport

video time everyone!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
SuperSport

*cricket noise*
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
lol...I thought it sounds good. Kinda timid in the video? is that what it sounds like in real life?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scarface
lol...I thought it sounds good. Kinda timid in the video? is that what it sounds like in real life?
I've got the black Aluminum round ones. They are louder and lower in tone than represented in the video.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
LAN.. you have to remember that Cameras usually cant capture that low tone, so when it's reproduced.. it looses some flava..
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM
SuperSport

cleveland is definitely correct. also, unfortunately, i can only capture video off of my camera in mono, not stereo, that being another reason it didnt sound so great. it does sound much better in real life though.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
that's kinda why i said "represented in the video" , lol. it'd take about 200 watts and a coupla' 12's to get the right 'tone'... was answering his question...
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM
SuperSport

haha, i would have to agree. it would take quite a bit to get the true sound through speakers. hitting high rpm's with these cans on is so awesome. now im curious how they comapre to devils and all the other available exhaust.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
I have wyleco cans, and the vid seemed like stock compared to the sound of mine...thats why I asked.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 AM
SuperSport

that understandable, i wish i had a camera that i could rip stereo audio off of, it kind of sucks that i cant. oh well. i know the video doesnt do it justice, but the exhaust really does sound awesome. i actually think my digital camera can record stereo. maybe ill try taking a video with it and see how it sounds.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Hawk Newbie
Back Marker

supermonie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Death Cattle
*cricket noise*
lmao I liked it it was cool I like how it was loud and energetic in the beginning but you could have got on the throttle a little more but cool outro too!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Squid

Blkbird is on a distinguished road
I love the way the jardine high mounts look, does anyone know the diameter of the midpipes going into the cans because I want to use these midpipes for my micron cans. Their diameter is 2 in.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by supermonie
lmao I liked it it was cool I like how it was loud and energetic in the beginning but you could have got on the throttle a little more but cool outro too!
haha, ya, i might be making another video with a different camera that i can hopefully get the full stereo sound out of. if i do, then ill lay on the throttle quite a bit more.

Originally Posted by Blkbird
I love the way the jardine high mounts look, does anyone know the diameter of the midpipes going into the cans because I want to use these midpipes for my micron cans. Their diameter is 2 in.
they should be the exact same as stock or any other. as long as it fits on the header pipes then i guess you know its right.