General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Would you admit it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Squid

YLTO-Superhawk is on a distinguished road
Would you admit it?

If your first wreck after 20 years (off and on) of riding were in a parking lot on a beautiful day with no one else involved?

Cause that's what happened to me on Wednesday afternoon. Still not sure what happened, beyond lost control and clipped the front end of a Dodge Challenger.

Why oh WHY could I not have hit the beater truck in the lot? Hed never have even known it.

As it were, Im looking at $1600 to repair the guys car.

Oh well, I guess I was due.

Fortunately, Im fine, with only a wounded ego and a new nickname here at work - Crash.

Looks like I need to find a new job.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
YLTO, everything ok w/ your health? Kinda weird to brain fart on bike control. Glad all's well (except w/ the wallet). And yes, I'd admit it.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Don't feel bad. I've done dumber stuff than that, but I'm not going to admit it on a public forum.

Wait.

Crap.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Dont feel bad...I dumped my blackird in the middle of parking lot in alpharetta ga. Didnt hit anything but the asphalt. Not my fault, it was the huge meal Alpha Soda fed me. Food coma.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
No worries brother, I stood up on the seat of a rented Harley Deuce down Duvall street in Key West and smashed into the back of a pickup truck in front of way too many witnesses. Thankfully it was before there were cameras everywhere and I was wearing a "police motor squad" t-shirt, so I was lucky enough that the motor cop who showed up changed his attitude SIGNIFICANTLY once I took my jacket off. Suffice to say he initially was not pleased. Probably the most embarrassing experience of my life (but yes there are others).

I've dumped a few times, and I understand it's REALLY embarrassing and gets you down. But the saying is true and **** DOES happen even to the best of us. I try to be thankful when I hear these stories and no one is hurt. How'd did you and your bike make out? Take care bud.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
Tried to show off for some girls at a gas station years ago on my first bike, reved the motor and dumped the clutch in a puddle of gas, the *** end came around and went skittering across the lot while I stood there on one leg wishing I was invisible. No real damage except to my ego and some scratched pipes. Doh!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brothermike
Tried to show off for some girls... wishing I was invisible.
HAHAHAHA
Old 04-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Deals Gap is a Hoot!
Back Marker

SIRR1 is on a distinguished road
Talking Key West

Originally Posted by captainchaos
No worries brother, I stood up on the seat of a rented Harley Deuce down Duvall street in Key West and smashed into the back of a pickup truck in front of way too many witnesses. Thankfully it was before there were cameras everywhere and I was wearing a "police motor squad" t-shirt, so I was lucky enough that the motor cop who showed up changed his attitude SIGNIFICANTLY once I took my jacket off. Suffice to say he initially was not pleased. Probably the most embarrassing experience of my life (but yes there are others).

I've dumped a few times, and I understand it's REALLY embarrassing and gets you down. But the saying is true and **** DOES happen even to the best of us. I try to be thankful when I hear these stories and no one is hurt. How'd did you and your bike make out? Take care bud.

My sisters my wife and I did the Duvall Street crawl a few years back visiting my folks who run a charter boat business on Stock Island.

We made it to the 905 Bar a gay guys club and they refused the ladies entry and service but they let me in!

The bartender was in WWII German summer military uniform complete with pith helmet, I ordered a round of drinks and had the soldier sign our crawl card so we could get our sweat shirts for finishing the event but the **** bastard would not sign my sisters or my wife's unless I get up on the stage and sing with the drag queens...

Well this is an open air bar meaning if your standing on the curb you could see what was going on, well our first song was ride a cowboy and then the shots started flowing next was Billy Jean ate my drawers and that's the last I remember till I woke up the next day 15 miles out in the Atlantic chumming for fish through using my mouth, yuk!

And yes the **** bartender gave us our sweatshirts but I don't remember a thing, gosh KWF is so much fun!

SIRR1
Old 04-19-2014, 07:15 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
When I still had my '84 interceptor 1000, we sat there talking while sitting on the bikes in a parking spot. Went to go inside to eat , got off the bike without ever putting the kickstand down!!! Lol Luckily it just missed my brother's bike but messed up my knee pretty good, talk about red faced.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I would bet showing off for broads (chicks, dames, skirts, etc) is the #1 dumb reason to crash. I have always resisted that one.

BUT I did dump in Chinatown when I put my foot down on a take-out container and banana-peeled right to the ground.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
I dumped a bike I was borrowing because a cute girl had sat on it and I jumped on the passenger seat to be cute. Unfortunately, our combined weight compressed the spring and being on the side-stand we were thrown to the other side. I saved the day by somehow hitting the ground first and catching the young lady. Me and the bike sustained minor injuries, she married somebody else. lol.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
I layed my bike down twice in a row when i tried to get it in my yard theres a quite significant bump and i tryed to do it on a weird angle to be faster inside because i needed to take a sh*t really bad,
I dumped it and a guy and his girlfriend helped me getting it up then did it again and he helped me again (nice guy) but really embarrasing, but when your about to crap youre pants you dont really care
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=RoadManiac;371748]I layed my bike down twice in a row when i tried to get it in my yard theres a quite significant bump and i tryed to do it on a weird angle to be faster inside because i needed to take a sh*t really bad,
I dumped it and a guy and his girlfriend helped me getting it up then did it again and he helped me again (nice guy) but really embarrasing, but when your about to crap youre pants you dont really care [/QUOTe

Triple dump! You should get some kind of ribbon or trophy
Old 04-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Squid

ChikinLady1011 is on a distinguished road
Aahh, showing off for the opposite sex. Rolled up to an auto parts store on a ZX10R I used to have and a group of REALLY hot guys were having an impromptu car show. So I stopped in a spot close by, flipped up my shield, winked, and revved. They started to walk over (yes!!) so I hopped off the bike. You guessed it, no kickstand. Busted clutch lever, mirror, and left side signals. Needless to say, that stunt did not get me a date. :-/
Old 04-21-2014, 01:54 PM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChikinLady1011
Aahh, showing off for the opposite sex. Rolled up to an auto parts store on a ZX10R I used to have and a group of REALLY hot guys were having an impromptu car show. So I stopped in a spot close by, flipped up my shield, winked, and revved. They started to walk over (yes!!) so I hopped off the bike. You guessed it, no kickstand. Busted clutch lever, mirror, and left side signals. Needless to say, that stunt did not get me a date. :-/
Didn't know it works the other way round, needless to say if you did absolutey nothing they would still hit on you.... and if they where gentlemen/perv they would help you get the bike up and at the same time ask your nr. (I would)
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChikinLady1011
Now that's funny. I don't care who ya are. That's funny.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 AM
Squid

YLTO-Superhawk is on a distinguished road
Well it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone, at least. Misery loves company and all that. lol

Thanks for sharing guys
Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Squid

SunsetSuper is on a distinguished road
Just a quick one...
Just bought my SuperChicken. BURSTING with pride, I was polishing, waxing and beating my chest. I had to push the bike ahead a little to finish waxing the rims, and shining the tires....
What do I do...Push it ahead. Kickstand collapses and bike goes down. Well, to save face, and keep from killing myself, I grabbed the bike, and jerked it up.
I should preface this with explaining that my other bike is a 900+ pound Goldwing.
Well, the chicken is a lot lighter, and I jerked too hard, and it went right over center to lay on the other side.....JUST as the wife walks out. Busted. Dammit.
You can imagine my pride.
I looked at her and simply said.."I want a do-over, and never speak of this again..." She looked at me, my red face, my obviously crushed manhood, and agreed. She has never mentioned it....EVER. I married the right one.