General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:24 AM
The Long Ride
Squid

IT_Mike is on a distinguished road
Picked her up from the shop, rode her home (accidentally picking up the front end along the way), gave her a quick bath, and took my gal for a spin to have ice cream.

So nice to have my bike back
Old 08-12-2017, 04:52 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Accidentally.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:22 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Today I went for a mentle ride out in the bush.

I came up behind a car and changed back to 4th whilst travelling fast and pulled out to overtake and as I did that the road dipped and I lofted the front wheel under full acceleration.

It was an unexpected event !

Scared the bejesus out of me and must have looked funny for the people in the car.

Rode about 400Klms and the weather was great, bike performed flawlessly.

The new chain and sprockets have made a big difference.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 AM
Squid

superhawkfan is on a distinguished road
Todays mods

Installed my freshly painted wheels, F3 Front, 900RR rear. painted with of all things dupli color engine enamel gold, then clear coated. Also installed slash cut footpegs. geo
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-009.jpg  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Squid

jjansenrs is on a distinguished road
Put some fresh oil in the ole girl this morning.

Over the holiday weekend, we took a trip around lake michigan with the hawk. 1100 miles in 3 days is pretty killer on a sportbike! Bike ran flawless except for finding a few missing subframe bolts the 2nd day.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:34 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
That's some serious miles. Glad I am not the only one to find missing subframe bolts. Always jealous of you nice road country riders.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Just thought I would check in. I aint doneuch. Horn wires busted and its in need of fresh oil. Got a lotus esprit a few weeks ago. What a wild ride.
I rode it for around town errands today and that was it. Ill be doing maintinance and the tank swap this fall.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Squid

jjansenrs is on a distinguished road
Just turned over 50,000 miles this morning! Bought it with 7,000 miles 6 years ago when I turned 16, which calculates to just over 7,000 miles per year... not bad! Here's a pic to pleasure your eyeballs.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 AM
SuperBike

Went for another ride out in the "bush"

A mate of mine that owned a Hawk just bought a nice 05 Duc 749! Not sure about the colour , it's yellow.

I was curious about how my VTR would go against it but I shouldn't have worried.

A great day out on a great bike and validation of all my attention to my VTR !

Glorious weather if a bit windy, and some great Tarmac and respectable speeds.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Squid

snowdirt is on a distinguished road
Ooops..

Threw it away ! 90 foot slide into a drainage ditch. It will live again ! Must respect the warning signals when the peg starts dragging.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM
MotoGP

Hey another VTR near me? I have a ton of pics in that very spot!.

Are you ok? Wearing gear? Was the off at bear mountain? I'm in Queens, where are you at?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Hey another VTR near me? I have a ton of pics in that very spot!.
Are you ok? Wearing gear? Was the off at bear mountain? I'm in Queens, where are you at?
Good gear. Perfectly fine. Txs for asking. Off Harriman. From Monroe. I ride Hudson Highlands, Harriman, and up past Hawks Nest a lot. OVRP also when on way to Hawks Nest (82 mph straight for the VTR). Will drop a line when she's healed

Bear Mountain overlook is a sweet spot. For everyone else, here is looking north from same spot (that's Bear Mtn bridge) over the Hudson River.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:50 PM
MotoGP

OVRP? There is a track nearby? I race all the events in Loudon NH & some NJMP events but never knew of ovrp. I keep a racebike at Loudon but also keep one in NYC so maybe will check it out.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 AM
Squid

OVRP

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
OVRP? There is a track nearby? I race all the events in Loudon NH & some NJMP events but never knew of ovrp. I keep a racebike at Loudon but also keep one in NYC so maybe will check it out.
Its a GO-Kart / Super Motard track. My off road club has a season pass with them so I just stop in (as I'm passing by to PA) and rip some laps on the track with the 450 bikes, then continue on my street ride. Then stop in for some more laps as I'm headed home. I have motard racing in my background and its a lot of fun on the VTR. Its all 1st gear except for the 80+ mph straight (actually GPS reports 92 mph for some of the 4 wheelers). Yeah, its not ideal but its no hassle, so why not .

https://www.ovrp.net/wp-content/uplo...c-june-8th.png
Old 09-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Squid

Bville-Bud is on a distinguished road
Flushed the clutch fluid. That reservoir & fluid was darn dirty.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Permanent Student
Squid

2.5i is on a distinguished road
Headlight wasn't working after I reassembled the bike from a steering bearing replacement. Spent some time taking fairings off expecting some electrical nightmare - but then saw the headlight plug dangling.

Basically, plugged my headlight back in
Old 10-03-2017, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

Not to be a back seat mechanic but why was the headlight involved in a steering bearing replacement? Why disassemble anything?
Old 10-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Permanent Student
Squid

2.5i is on a distinguished road
Hey smokinjoe73! Was my first time doing the job on this bike and I wanted all the access I could have to see what I was doing. In hindsight, totally could have been done with the front end intact.

also... since you've raised that point, local shop wanted to charge for about 5 hours to do the job. Make any sense? I would say it took me less time overall by myself with less tools than they've got.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:40 AM
MotoGP

Makes sense in that it is what inspires you to do it yourself. I really dislike anyone else touching my bike.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Superstock

Thrashed the hell out of it today. I dunno what got into me. I don't think it stayed under 120kph on the main roads. My concern now is... I still have not had my knee down but my chicken strips are gone gone gone.... What the hell am I doing wrong. I am hanging one cheek off knee out head down looking into the corner. I even took a leap of blind faith and looked down. It looks like I am about an inch maybe three over the road and I got long legs man. I am worried that I am going to upset the handling of the bike if I don't get the technique down.

In other news the farts are back. I had my shop price out jets and order a shim kit for that valve I F*** up and cut down too far.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Squid

Bville-Bud is on a distinguished road
I installed a Signal Dynamics Head's Up Voltage Monitor today. Nice to know that the voltage is where it needs to be.

Head's Up? Voltage Monitor - Signal Dynamics
Old 10-08-2017, 02:56 AM
SuperBike

As we say here in Oz,

I thrashed the **** out of it today !

Went for another ride out in the "Bush "

I was by myself due to my mates being occupied and took advantage of the fact that when you are by yourself you can do whatever you want as you don't have to make allowances for other folks, it's just you and your bike .

My biggest problem is that as I get to know this particular ride the speeds are increasing. I really noticed today that the torque this bike has is definitely addictive. Straffing corners with WOT in 3rd and 4th and just riding the wave.

Absolutely great fun , the ride is 360 KLMS and fun all the way. Only saw 2 Boys In Blue and luckily was behind cars at the limit so didn't attract any unwanted attention.

All in all a great day out .
Old 10-08-2017, 03:44 AM
Superstock

I reapaired my leaking clutch slave... I think. I took apart the first one that was leaking to find it full of granular crap you find in brake systems massaged the inside of the cylinder with fine steel wool. There were some nasty scrapes in it. Steel wool and polish. Wiped it out and flushed it with fuel. Reassembled. Flushed the system with new dowt 4 and proceded in the pain of bleeding it. After clearing away all the sprayed and spilled fluid it looks nice and dry even after about 500 pumps.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Squid

John O is on a distinguished road
Put her back up on jacks until the next time the gasoline needs to be purged. At 86k miles she's just my favorite decoration in the garage, but putting a few hundred miles on her the last couple of weeks reminded me of what a true hooligan bike is like. I shoulda bought two or three of them when I could.
Now it's back to riding my wanna-be sport bike, nice but not thrilling.
Keep riding yours.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Superstock

WTF!

Skipped my daily inspection because I checked it three days ago. Full oil gas lubed chain and clutch is full... Started it and herd some whinig!!!

Mind you the cover is off the bottom of the engine... So its all visable.
Someone drained my oil and put the screw back in the pan. Literally not a drop under the bike!!!

So I filled it. It scraped for half a mile and stopped.... Looks like the ported spares going i next week... F******
Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 PM
MotoGP

What? Has that ever happened? Oil thiefs? And tidy too? No evidence? What the heck kind of neighborhood do you live in? Or maybe your neighbor got sick of you not returning his lawnmower and did it? You **** off you wife recently?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Superstock

Im sure it was my wifes father or brother in law or a neighbor. I bet 99% chance my wifes brother. They hate the vtr because they are japanese and its a loud bike. Mori zeros. I dont rev it out unless I am having an issue with throttle so not often at all.

I have two cars and the bike and hey been egging me to sell the bike... No way man. Both cars are broken and its my only ride. What they didnt know is hondas have a good history with holding up after running dry and I have a spare motor. Ill find out who did it. Funny thing is my friend seriousley thought that someone stole the oil lol. It was black as cole and I was considering changing it without the filter because it wont be here for a week... Guess I got my wish... Lotus parts come today so ill be fine. The audi goes soon so theyll stop complaining I hope. Not to drag personal issues on the fourm but its uncomfortable living with the wifes parents but her dad had a stroke around the time we were about to buy a house so we are staying to be there just in case. I told the wife lets buy a getaway house anyway somewhere like the beach or a camp kind of thing. Ill keep the vtr there.
How can japanese people hate bikes... You wouldnt believe the stigma its nuts. But on the plus side the hottest thing I ever saw was a 19 year old girl wearing coveralls get on her maticulousley kept cb and ride off. Lot of girls here ride.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Squid

John O is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RedStormJ
Skipped my daily inspection because I checked it three days ago. Full oil gas lubed chain and clutch is full... Started it and herd some whinig!!!

Mind you the cover is off the bottom of the engine... So its all visable.
Someone drained my oil and put the screw back in the pan. Literally not a drop under the bike!!!

So I filled it. It scraped for half a mile and stopped.... Looks like the ported spares going i next week... F******
You may have a dangerous enemy out there. Better check your brake rotors for gease everyday. If you think it's family, better get a new family.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 AM
Superstock

Yeah its one hell of a thing to find. Finally fixed the Esprit so I can park inside now. Ill find out who did it and well... I am a bad person to do that to. Since none of you guys know me its safe to say here I am gonna put a motion sensor camera up. ....Lol... Right?

But the good news is I can finally concentrate on getting a bunch of the mods done. I got the tank half shell checked for leaks. None!!
Old 10-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Back Marker

Kelevra is on a distinguished road

Added a Zero grav screen n hardware. Took 'er out for a nice rip. Happy Sunday!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your SuperHawk today?