General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Went down last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Yup, just let me know if you decide to re-build.
Will do man, u have any parts left?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Squid

orangezuk is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear.
Silvidine ointment for the road-rash, it is magic. Sulfa base so not for you if you have sulfa allergies. It's perscription for human use, I just hit up a vet supply. Seriously get your hands on some.
Heal well and get back on the horse.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Superstock

The doctor actually just gave me some, thanks for the tip!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
So can we start making the damn Coastie comments now.......lol
Old 07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeepingoose
The doctor actually just gave me some, thanks for the tip!
Bet he threw in some 800 mg Motrin too. Military docs think that it cures everything from broken bones to heart attacks.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Superstock

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...01081&t=h&z=19
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RWhisen
Bet he threw in some 800 mg Motrin too. Military docs think that it cures everything from broken bones to heart attacks.

Dont forget broken hearts and broken dreams! Gotta love Vitamin "M"

You can start with coastie jokes, and toss in some Navy ones too since Im prior service...
Ive probably heard them all already!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
After Capt Chaos posted a pic of his knee when he had his "big one" was enough for me. After his long rehab he described how he used a cheap set of knee/shin guards used for motocross under his jeans when he goes out on the street to protect an already really fucked up leg.

Months later he's coming up an on ramp only to get clipped by somebody pulling down for the upcoming off ramp. He goes down. Instead of cratering his leg, he's sliding down the pavement on his boot and his knee guard giving this guy the finger. Long story short. Comes to a stop - gets up - goes to work the next day with a bad attitude.

For a mere $20 all these (well most) injuries of forum members over the last year could have been much different. Trucker, L8tr, KD, I'm sure I'm missing many others.

I can't wear leathers to the office - who wants to in Texas. I don't have the time to change clothes for mesh.

I'm off to the bank, off to see a client, off to buy beer - I go into my office, drop trou and put them on under my jeans. I walk out and nobody even knows I got them on.

I gave a set that was too big for me to KD after they did extensive surgery to restore his knee. We were at breakfast on Sunday morning in Wimberly. He went to the men's to put them on and came out and handed me my tankbag. He's a big guy and I thought he was giving them back to me - the bag was empty. After that he never got on the bike without them.

Mend well, brother. Get the little yellow vic's not the white horsepills and start shopping parts. I might have a set of Jardines for you. But that's another time.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Superstock

Thanks brother! But thankfully I think my Yosh pipes made it.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
MotoGP

Navy gets it done!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Goddamn that looks painful! Did you take those pics as you were waiting for the crash truck?? Man, what's with these vultures?!?! You're still bleeding and people are "hawkin" your parts..

That knee guard advice is really good. I would rather wear some snug fitting knee guards than kevlar riding jeans. Those riding jeans will save your *** from road rash but you can still rip your knee's apart. Heal up quick man.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Superstock

these guys must be gearing up for shark week... smelling my blood in the water... or on the rocks lol
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Cool buddy. Heal up soon :-)

I had an incident 4 or so months back. I have shin knee pad combo from when I used to downhill bike. And I look at them one day and say next time out on my atv ill wear them. But ill be fine today. Well near the end of our ride I was running behind a buddy on his dirtbike over some woops at about 40mph and he kicked up a rock the size of my fist and it hit me right in the knee. I had a hard time walking for almost 2 months.

After seeing this and knowing how I've pushed the bike while in jeans I'm really gonna start trying to wear them under my jeans when I'm not in leather. How fast were you going when you went down?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Superstock

I was going into the corner about 40ish... but as soon as I lost my line i started braking as hard as i could without locking up. probably hit around 25 but i side swiped so i didnt hit hard really.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM
SuperBike

Oh man that's a lot of damage for such a low speed crash. I can only imagine what 80 mph or so would do to jeans.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Superstock

look at the pics again, at the rocks along the wall... owie
Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 PM
MotoGP

And they thought guard rails were a chainsaw. At 22 feet per second, a cut rock face along a highway will turn the human body into burger in about twenty linear feet. 22 fps is under 45 mph.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Superstock

you just made my body hurt, but thats ok i just took another little white pill
Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 PM
MotoGP

you just made my body hurt, but thats ok i just took another little white pill
OOps, Sorry! I guess I just try to make a point with all these guys asking "how do I get more power" - "how do I get more mileage" - the message is: nobody that owns a rocket asks about gas mileage.

How do I get more power? Rehab is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You've been on the bike for a good spell. Everybody get's a little fuckup. Just ask L8rguys. We all do it and we all hope we can keep it to a minimum.

Your biggest short term challenge will be to keep your usual schedule while you are acting like a potato. Give yourself time to be injured. You can begin the noble fight in a couple days - until then - grab some time.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
Cool buddy. Heal up soon :-)

I had an incident 4 or so months back. I have shin knee pad combo from when I used to downhill bike. And I look at them one day and say next time out on my atv ill wear them. But ill be fine today. Well near the end of our ride I was running behind a buddy on his dirtbike over some woops at about 40mph and he kicked up a rock the size of my fist and it hit me right in the knee. I had a hard time walking for almost 2 months.

After seeing this and knowing how I've pushed the bike while in jeans I'm really gonna start trying to wear them under my jeans when I'm not in leather. How fast were you going when you went down?
uchi there you go following again. I'm telling ya, cut that **** out now. hahaha

In 2002, i lost the front end on a 80-90mph right hand sweeping turn. Fortunately, always wear my ugly, bulky cordura two-piece suit which was dutifully and nobly sacrificed, but spared my body like it was meant to do. Won't do much for a car comin at ya or other hard obstacles, but it sure saves a lot of skin. Bike slid down the road then off into a ditch: triple and forks bent, all bodywork, pegs and controls destroyed. Time for goose to take another little white pill. Don't enjoy them too much.haha
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Superstock

hahaha actually today i dont feel the need for them. which is good im still sore as a mother though...
Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nuhawk
You've been on the bike for a good spell. Everybody get's a little fuckup. Just ask L8rguys. We all do it and we all hope we can keep it to a minimum.
Leather will save your skin at just about any speed. The best boots might prevent a fracture, but you hit something hard enough and bones are gonna break.

Just for the record, I'm in good shape now. Been riding since March, so 5 months for a tib/fib/dislocated ankle to heal enough to ride ain't too bad for a 59 year old guy.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
SuperBike

Will do man, u have any parts left?
Yeah, but not front end and that looks like what you need.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nath981
uchi there you go following again. I'm telling ya, cut that **** out now. hahaha

In 2002, i lost the front end on a 80-90mph right hand sweeping turn. Fortunately, always wear my ugly, bulky cordura two-piece suit which was dutifully and nobly sacrificed, but spared my body like it was meant to do. Won't do much for a car comin at ya or other hard obstacles, but it sure saves a lot of skin. Bike slid down the road then off into a ditch: triple and forks bent, all bodywork, pegs and controls destroyed. Time for goose to take another little white pill. Don't enjoy them too much.haha
haha man i hit a tree at 40 kph on my atv this year, almost went down twice 2 weeks ago on the bike, and ive had the front end come out on the bike last year in a low speed corner and thought i would gonna end up in a ditch but then the front tire found traction. trust me when i say im likely due to go down. pics to follow

hey you got any of those white pills? ill gladly take some off your hands as ive managed to hurt my wrist and shoulder at work.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Yeah, but not front end and that looks like what you need.
lol ok what DO u have? Im buying another hawk hopefully this weekend.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
SuperBike

Rear Wheel (round but not cosmeticly perfect)
Subframe
Front & rear Calipers
Rear Tail Light
A signal light
RearSets (stock - no pegs, shifter or brake lever - unless you want damaged ones!)
Front wheel (couple small dents)
Some wheel spacers
Rear Hub & Sprocket
Cush Drive Rubbers