General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thank you weather gods...

Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Thank you weather gods...

Thanks to nice 60+ degree weather in Western New York I took a nice ride on the old girl last night, about 63 miles worth. Forecast is for snow again this weekend but I sure do enjoy these short bursts of warm weather during the winter months!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
+1.. got above 70 here yesterday... and today..

Glad you got some of it, too..
Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
It got up to almost 60 here yesterday, however due to tornados riding was canceled. I'll probably be waiting until March now. Glad some people could get out.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
SuperBike

Tornados are not good to ride in! It looks like a bunch of rain and then snow later in the week for me so I enjoyed the time I did get as i'm probably not going to get to ride again tonight with the high winds and rain. It 65 degrees right now

Originally Posted by Kendrick
It got up to almost 60 here yesterday, however due to tornados riding was canceled. I'll probably be waiting until March now. Glad some people could get out.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RickB
Thanks to nice 60+ degree weather in Western New York I took a nice ride on the old girl last night, about 63 miles worth. Forecast is for snow again this weekend but I sure do enjoy these short bursts of warm weather during the winter months!
JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been at work all day watching bike after bike pass by headed up 98... But me, no, i'm at work...

and if it wasn't for the fact that its supposed to rain this evening, and i'm at work until atleast 8pm, i would have considered throwing my moped plates on and riding to work..

but no such luck.. and it figures that by the time i get home, the roads will be wet...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:21 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a whopping 8 miles in yesterday.... just enough for the the tires to warm, but it felt good!!!

J.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Garage Monkey
Squid

zenrider is on a distinguished road
My street is still covered with snow, ice, and slush... but the rest of town has dry roads. So on Sunday, I pushed the hawk through one block of slush to get out to the next street. She fired right up and I took a brisk and lovely ride through the foothill roads southwest of town. My thighs were numb and my fingers started to sting, but it was still worth it. When the sun came out in the afternoon and the temp got up to 40 deg, I just couldn't stand it! I felt like a desperate addict in need of a hit. But now that I've had my January fix, perhaps I can make it another few months...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful weather here. Gonna ride all week............
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
SuperBike

I figured you would chime in...

Soon enough you will have yours all plated and legal like... remember I bough mine in February '05 and had the same desire to ride it but the weather wasn't cooperative... Like they say its Buffalo, it snows here, deal with it so we do...

Originally Posted by joshuatest
JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been at work all day watching bike after bike pass by headed up 98... But me, no, i'm at work...

and if it wasn't for the fact that its supposed to rain this evening, and i'm at work until atleast 8pm, i would have considered throwing my moped plates on and riding to work..

but no such luck.. and it figures that by the time i get home, the roads will be wet...
Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Squid

felipe99hawk is on a distinguished road
60 here today in NH.i got to take her out today.maybe tomorrow??
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

I figured you would chime in...

Soon enough you will have yours all plated and legal like... remember I bough mine in February '05 and had the same desire to ride it but the weather wasn't cooperative... Like they say its Buffalo, it snows here, deal with it so we do...
Heck no... I'm not dealing with anything.. I'm moving to Ky... lol

Hopefully we get a chance to ride together before i head out... Planning on being moved in the next 2 months or so... But who knows.. Got lots of stuff i gotta get rid of so we can fit everything we own into the moving truck.. And gotta either sell/rent our house... so 2 months may be pretty ambitious... Not to mention i gotta write that $1525 check to Budget (Ryder) just for the moving truck, car hauler... AND THE PROPERTY TAX BILL JUST CAME IN... hmmmm.... yea... may take longer to get moved... lol
Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 AM
SuperBike

Looks like I am paying for the nice weather now, 53 mph winds this morning and 40 degrees - was still near 60 at midnight... Had to rescue the garbage can and recycle bin from the neighbors yard - she had a quite a collection of cans, I could have probably upgraded
Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Looks like I am paying for the nice weather now, 53 mph winds this morning and 40 degrees - was still near 60 at midnight... Had to rescue the garbage can and recycle bin from the neighbors yard - she had a quite a collection of cans, I SHOULD have probably upgraded
lol.. i fixed it for you....

Any power outages there? i didn't loose power, but on the way to work, there where several area's that had no power, and at some point, we lost power at work last night because all the computers where off....

I have a lady comming at 5pm or so to look at my pop up camper thats for sale, and i set it up last night... Kinda concerned with where its sitting though... I just opened it so they could see the inside, i didn't put it on jack stands, and didn't put the slide out supports on either... So hopefully it doesn't decide it really wanted to be a kite instead while i'm at work.. lol

oh yea... CAMPER FOR SALE - $500.00
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
SuperBike

There are some outages around the area but I just checked and all is fine at home for me. At work though a few of our offsites were down for a while with a few still down.

You could market the camper as dual purpose and get a lot more for it - should be worth double as a "kite-camper"

Hopefully old man winter will decide to go on vacation early this year and we can get the 2 Superhawks together for a ride before you leave.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

I may run down and plate it on Friday... I don't know if i can make it all winter, or untill I leave without riding... And who know's, more 60deg day's???
Old 01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
58 for low tonight, so I plan on riding to work tomorrow. 82 for high is a little to warm for my liking but who's complaining
Old 01-09-2008, 02:33 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996
who's complaining

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous ride home again today.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Fortunately (or unfortunately from a different perspective) I am forced to not ride on the off-season. All three bikes are tucked away in the shed in my backyard, with either snow or mushy, muddy yard to get through in order to ride. I also drop the full coverage insurance on the bikes during winter. With all the sand and salt they use on the roads up here it's just not worth it. I rode some last Feb (I think) on a warm day and when I got back the bike was filthy with salt debris attacking every unplated or unpainted part on the bike. No thanks, I'll wait it out.