Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

wanted: help parts gods

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Squid

half breed is on a distinguished road
wanted: help parts gods

alright i know i am a squid but not really. i am pleading to the parts gods and the members of this site for a list of parts i need to get a race bike together.

short and skinnie building a drag bike and chose the superhawk motor to meet the v twin race requirements. gonna try to kick the **** out of some harleys. i have the motor but need this list of parts so if you have some of this on the parts shelf or are stripping a bike pls let me know.

1)engine harness including ecm and all neccessary "brains" for the motor to run. i dont need the front or rear harness. i more or less just need the brains their plugs and any motor specialized plug anything else will be wired independently.

2) thermostat and all associated plumbing from motor to thermostat. i will be running a larger front mount radiator opposed to the twin ones on the stock bike.

3) starter

4) sprocket cover and slave cylinder for clutch.

any help appreciated and most people on ebay are on crack used parts for this bike.

thanks in advance
dwayne
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I would assume you would be doing clutch changes what with all the drag strip starts. You have to pull the entire right side engine cover to get to the clutch. That cover also contains the water pump which requires a coolant drain. Your supposed to do an oil drain too but you'd probably be ok with it on the side stand and only lose a little bit.

Anyway, a heck of a lot of work especially if you had to do it between heats.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Sorry I don't have any parts to help but I must say AWESOME. I always had a fantasy of going to the dragstrip with a slammed and worked superhawk to put the smackdown on some folks. Please keep us informed and let us know how the project is going, and include some pics. Best of luck!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Squid

barkmagnet is on a distinguished road
Cool project, sorry I cant help with any parts. Are you using the VTR frame or just motor?

WE need some pics please

I always tell my Harley buddies but its a V twin. Just a small one (1000cc) like a sportster. Oh yeah, only faster.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
check pm's
Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Squid

half breed is on a distinguished road
thanks but let me explain

I would assume you would be doing clutch changes.......

this is kinda odd. it is more of a pro street than a 6 second super mod class. clutch changes and adjustments will more than likely not happen unless i smoke it. if it did i would be making a quick change cover out of a spare one. i just need to get this running first. after i get it running then i will work the bugs and tune the turbo (eventual addition)

we will run on a pro tree and bracket race this isnt a heads up type deal. i am acutually hoping to not drop into the 9.99 range out of the gate (w/o turbo) and i see these bikes are high 10's out of the box fully weighted. this class was designed more for hd to race in but they can't exclude metrics.

see if i run in the 9.99 or less range i have to get a liscence and full "race" leathers and add safety stuff to be tech compliant. all the stuff i dont want to do right out of the bat. not to mention the motor will have to be built to handle a turbo...lower compression pistons, ring and stud the heads. i have no idea what they offer for performance parts for power adders on this bike that is why i am here. my street bike forum has alot of info on it so figure i would ask the experts on this motor instead of screwing around.

rules like engine and drivetrain chasis must be "cruiser in style" and only one manufacturer. so that eliminates the big s and s motors. the 90 ci displacement limit also helps. iniital signups for it show a vulcan and 2 shadow 1100's. the rest of the field is like deuces and sporsters and v-rods. i am on a budget so i am cramming a super hawk motor into a shadow frame. where else can you get a 110hp and 75 ft/lbs torque for a couple hundred.
hoping to get that thru tech without an issue i am sure i will have to fight over this one. no where does it state you need to use the motor that the bike came with other than it has to be the same make.

my guess is the guys on the v-rods and other twins were bitching about getting walked on by the sport bikes so they wrote these rules to keep them out knowing full well the metric cruiser market is enemic in hp and high reving motors in stock form.

i set a budget of a grand so we will see what happens. i so far have a 2001 shadow frame 6" stretch with zx-7r inverted front forks with ohlin internals and the twin rotors with ebc brakes and stock calipers. another tech issue i may need to fight over but i also have stock forks to fall back on. i just want the better whooooowwww facter after going thru the gates at 130+. a single 12" disc aint gonna happen.

motor is getting fitted this w/e in the stretched frame to make sure there is no clearance issues befor final welds are done.

thanks again for any help
dwayne

I would assume you would be doing clutch changes what with all the drag strip starts. You have to pull the entire right side engine cover to get to the clutch. That cover also contains the water pump which requires a coolant drain. Your supposed to do an oil drain too but you'd probably be ok with it on the side stand and only lose a little bit.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by half breed
clutch changes and adjustments will more than likely not happen unless i smoke it. if it did i would be making a quick change cover out of a spare one.

motor is getting fitted this w/e in the stretched frame to make sure there is no clearance issues befor final welds are done.
Well a new cover would solve that issue. Man this sounds like it could be a wild beast!

Remember: without pictures, it never happened.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have all of those parts.
-complete wiring harness
-ECM
-Thermostat housing/hoses
-starter
-sprocket cover/slave cylinder

$200
Old 12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Squid