I'm a noob again....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I'm a noob again....

Hi Guys,
Well I figured I would say hi to everyone and not just try to sell stuff here....lol I've lurked on this site from time to time and recognize a few names from back in the RLZ Sport-Twins days.
I'm in the SF Bay area and have finally given up on the hot rodded hawk- Oh it ran well and everything it's just that after I got all (or most) of the chassis flex out of the bike it started tearing up engine cases at the swing arm mounting point. So if I every go the race bike route again I guess it will be with something else.
So that leaves me with my first SH which I purchased in 9/97, S/N 445, She has 70k miles on her now and is still running strong. I did have my first failure about 3 weeks ago when the R/R finally went out (and of course it went wide open so it took the battery with it) and yes I still have the stock CCTs in but I sould change them out now that I've cursed myself by talking about it...lol that I need to figure out what I want to do with the front brakes
I don't have that many mods on this bike, just the common stuff - Linderman tuned suspension, ride hight spacer, Erion slip-ons, a modified HRC jet kit (I use the front slide that comes in the kit with the HRC needles and stock jet while leaving the air bleeds open) 520 conversion with +2 on the rear, flush mount turn signals, blocked of/removed pair system and probably a few other things I'm forgetting now. It's hell getting old....lol
Well I guess that's it for now unless you want to hear how I fixed Gerrys (Orge8472) SH so he could get a few rides on it before Honda bought it back from him.... Man the people that work at the dealerships around here are some morons, but thats another story.....
Cheers,
Mike
Old 08-24-2007, 05:34 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Welcome
Old 08-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
+1 on the welcome.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Back Marker

spdrcr is on a distinguished road
Old 08-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Hey Mike,

What's your old handle from RLZ? I might then figure out who you are.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Hey Mike,

What's your old handle from RLZ? I might then figure out who you are.
You knpw Greg I really don't remember myself... I guess that's all part of getting old....lol. So you still in the taxi service.... oh I mean Navy?? I'll try to remember my old handle but on Sport Twins I was the guy who worked at Stanford if that helps....
Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yes, I vaguely remember. How ya been? Riding alot? Oh, I forgot to mention that !!!

Navy doesn't do a lot of taxi service anymore. Hell, we don't even have MarDet on carriers anymore. We do our own force protection now.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Yes, I vaguely remember. How ya been? Riding alot? Oh, I forgot to mention that !!!

Navy doesn't do a lot of taxi service anymore. Hell, we don't even have MarDet on carriers anymore. We do our own force protection now.
Well I was no Mr. Winders but I understand what you mean, it was a while ago. I've been doing well and ride as much as I get a chance. Even with the bike sitting unused for around 3 yrs it still has 70k on it (it sat for a while cuz I had other projects and just couldn't sell it as it was the first bike I ever bought new)
I don't have many pics on this comp. but I attach a couple from our anual newbie ride this year.
I was in from '79-'87 so I'm sure many things have changed but you know I had to give you some ****....
but I guess you guys can't use your old joke about why there are grunts on board
Cheers,
Mike
I'm a noob again....-70714sbr381.jpg

I'm a noob again....-70714sbr597.jpg

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 09-01-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hey, you remember Fred Ziglar? My brother saw him a month or so ago at a motorcycle convention and he mentioned me. Guess the old guy's still kickin it. Lost his contact information ages ago.

Oh, jeezus. Winders! There's pullin' skeletons out of the closet! And what about George, aka Geolinda. Remember that tool?

This forum has been really good since I've returned to it a year or so ago. There's a bunch of great folks here. Everyone gets along and moderating it is cake. Most of the squids are hammered down early and never come back.

The Superhawk sat for about 2 years with no plastic until I sold my house in Norfolk and moved to NY. The sale of the house allowed me some extra dinero to put into the bike so now she's white and black. Very few problems with the old girl other than the recent battery issue that I haven't posted about.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Good to hear that Fred is still around.... he was\is one of the good ones... I was going to ask if you remembered which member started his flame wars with the classic statement "your logic is flawed" but how could you forget good old Scott. Now for Geolinda.... he was good for entertainment on a slow day.... but I really think the heat and lack of turns in FL finally got to the old coot. We do have a few like him on the local forum I'm on. Hell because of folks like him we first got the "off topic" section and now we have an ignore feature where you can block any members posts if you just can't handle them. Kinda extreme in my book but I understand it in a way.
It's good to hear things are better here, hope I don't stir things up too much....lol
I also see MichaelN from time to time and it was pretty funny to have the guy that he traded his SH too for a motard on my other board. He din't know what to think when I first met him and was able to tell him the history of his bike.... the look was classic