General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

seattle's latest shawk noob

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Squid

soopahok996 is on a distinguished road
seattle's latest shawk noob

first of all, thanks to all of you on this forum. i have gleaned so much useful info just looking through postings, i felt i had to join. especially oicdn - your oil filter thread should be required reading.

now to show you all how wet behind the ears i am - my ???'s

exhaust - complete system or slip-ons? prefered cans? i'd like a bit more thump than scream, my neighbors hate me already anyways.

turn signals - the bulbous jumbo jet landing lights up front have to go. any ideas?

jetting - home job or take it to a shop? i'm not a total mechanotard but always seem to have extra pieces, if you know what i mean.

any other tips get much thanks, and again thanks to you all
Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by soopahok996
any other tips get much thanks, and again thanks to you all
One FAQ per post please.....

And welcome to the site!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
One FAQ per post please.....

And welcome to the site!
LOL....He ain't right! LOL

Everyone has there opinions as to what to use for mods...check the threads and you will find a ton of list....

As for me, I love my two brothers slip ons, flush mount signals up front, as for jetting, mine was done when I bought it...but I would probably take it to a shop...others would do it themselves.....

First thing I would do however is SS brake lines up front, and EBC pads...

Good luck, and welcome...
Old 07-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Superstock

nineighthawk
Welcome... I am in Sea town also.
There is actually a few SH riders here in Seattle.

scumbag and I tear up the sound once in a while. Have not met any other members yet.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Squid

thanks for the replies. ok, one question at a time from now on. just a bit overly excited i guess. my bike is bone stock and looking through this site i feel i have some catching up to do. thanks again.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Welcome... Here's my opinions...

Exhaust - Go with Slip-ons... without engine mods you won't get much more with a complete system... I didn't.

Prefered cans - I have had Youshimura (the VTR is no longer listed in their catalog), Two Bros and Staintune. The Staintune are nice and have easily removeable "quiet tips" (expensive). My 2nd choice would be the Two Bros with their quiet tips (You have to ask for the the quiet tips, they are not in the catalog).

Turn signals - Go to Bent bike on Aurora. Lots of choices mostly by Emgo. Or visit the Lockhart-Phillips website.

Jetting - With exhaust you'll most likely need a jet kit. I've only used the Factory (not the Honda factory ) jet kit. From what I've read here it seems to be the easiest to install (between Djnojet and Factory). And speaking of installation, I would rate the installation of the VTR jet kit on the difficult side... about a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. (little parts, coolant hoses, throttle cables, fuel hoses, carb balancing... etc.) Any time I need to use the manual it's difficult

Hope this helps
Ron
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Minimal Post
Back Marker

Josh is an unknown quantity at this point
Hah, I picked up my Emgo turn signals at Bent Bike on Aurora in Lynnwood. Had to cut and reconnectorize the stock wires to make work tho on my 02. I'm in the Seattle area also.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
Do you need any adapter/block off plates or anything for the turn signal install?
On my old bike, I had to sandwich these adapter plates on each side of the fairing.
Thanks!

/FAQ
Old 07-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Squid

Thanks again for all the input. I think i will be visiting Aurora Bent Bike sooner than later and checking into some Two Bros pipes in the near future.

In an ocean of R6's and GSXRs its good to see some seattle area shawk riders respond. i felt like the only one for a while. Just for kicks, here is a quote that i found in a site dedicated to SV650 riders. enjoy -

"So, naturally, Woody goes to the dealership and picks out a used 1998 Honda Superhawk 996, a 1,000+ cc bike which I warned him was probably WAY out of his range"

thanks again for all the info, lord knows i need all the help i can get.