General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Ever get the cool cop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
I think partly 'cause I treat them with respect. I don't give them any **** and I don't act nervous and suck up to them either.
Tried that and failed about 5 times. I'm not pandering to the next cop I see.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Got pulled over by a lady cop on 285 heading into town, I was passing cars and doing about 20 over. She was coming onto an on ramp, saw me hit the brakes, she promptly pulled me over.

She was about 5' tall, I'm about 6'7", so when I stepped off my bike to get my registration, she backed up a couple of feet. I actually turned the bike off.

My temp plates were out of expiration 2 days. I got paid that morning and was going to go in after work to get my plates, FINALLY. There had been an issue with the dealership and I had to get my temp tags extended a couple times.

Anyway, she grills me about my plates and that I was going "like 20 over". I told her about the plates and getting paid, and just told her I was trying to get around cars and away from traffic.

She didn't even go back to her car a 2nd time, just gave me a warning and said to make absolute sure I got the tags taken care of.

Unfortunately, she didn't give me a business card either. I have a good collection of those in my truck =) Course, I have a 2 page driving record in my truck. All hail the cops that are actually understanding!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Back Marker

revhead1957 is on a distinguished road
Way back when I should have known better, I had just finished a nightshift (2.00AM), still night perfect weather, no other traffic on the road. Isn't it amazing how the bike seems to run more sweet at night?
Caning it and absolutely enjoying the twistys and sound for 45 minutes or so. On the last highway stretch home this car comes up with lights on highbeam at a rapid rate, I thought I would let the ******** pass so I slowed down to legal speed. Comes up behind and shows the red and blue so we pull over.
Usual questions etc and then he says he was chasing me for 30 minutes! He had watched me sit at a red light for a few minutes before pressing a pedestrian crossing button and going with the cross signal. Must have been a quiet night. Asks how far I am from home and then says he could make me walk home blah blah, I was waiting for the 'I'll write you up for XXX speed, you will lose your license for 6 months', and he says in future keep it around the speed limits. Didn't even run a rego or license check.
As some say, yes sir no sir three bags full sir, goes a long way. He could see I wasn't stupid, drunk or arrogant.
I was just very thankful.

On the other hand I have been pulled over in the car and told I was 21 over the limit. I knew that was wrong and said so, and by the way why didn't he pull over the seriously oil smoking heap of crap that I had gunned it to pass. He didn't address that and said he would write me up for 18 over, loss of 3 points $135 fine and to observe the speed limits. Proved to me that attitude doesn't work when dealing with the law, even when you know they're factually wrong.

Last edited by revhead1957; 05-18-2009 at 03:13 PM.