Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Rear ended by a cop

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Rear ended by a cop

You may have already seen this video.

Unbelievable. I'm surprised the *** didn't want to confiscate his camera!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

whatthefnck is on a distinguished road
I saw a **** load of technicalities in there hahahha wtf
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Back Marker

Caffeine is on a distinguished road
ummm ok so from my perspective as a Canadian.. any time anyone hits you or you hit them from behind it is "careless" driving charge. It is your obligation as a driver to ensure there is always a "safe braking distance" between you and the vehicle in front of you.

As an officer of the law he should be aware of the ability a bike has to stop quickly and therefore give himself enough room so that he can safely stop the vehicle he is driving.. I would have done exactly what the bike driver did.. then take the tape to a lawyer the next day..

Last edited by Caffeine; 04-06-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Caffeine
then take the tape to a lawyer the next day..
Agreed!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
What a ******* ******* *******. And I'm an adult who comes from family and friends full of police officers, not some dumb kid who doesn't appreciate how hard and dangerous a cop's job is. I would have loved to see his attitude had someone hit him.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
Wow, so riding like that has become illegal, huh?? Because that's how I ride... Leaving enough room in front of me to escape when an ******* rides my ***, and riding to the left or right of the oil slick that exists in the center of every lane in the country... What a complete dipshit. He's really lucky he hit a nice guy.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
This cops exemplifies the kind of psychological conditioning police are subjected to these days. He was dead wrong, and intellectually he knew it, but he was completely unable to admit it. He would rather ruin someone's day, or worse, than admit being wrong.

He was probably too busy looking at his computer scanning the license plates of all the vehicles around him to pay attention to traffic.
Hopefully he is the laughingstock of his department now that he's famous on the internet.

Last edited by killer5280; 04-07-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
He was dead wrong, and intellectually he knew it, but he was completely unable to admit it.
This ^

Honestly, everyone makes mistakes. Road mistakes are less forgivable, but being able to admit that you made one is key to making sure you are as unbiased as we should hope the police to be.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
I don't know the ins and out of the road laws over there but that did not seem right to me. The vibe I got was that the cop threw reasons at him why he should be booking the guy or could book him for this that and the other. Basically threats. Then asks if we are OK and shakes his hand LOL. I think that cop talked his way out of trouble by making threats to book him.

Not how a respectable member of the law enforcement should be behaving like What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. In other words cops are not immune to the law.

(:-})
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cybercarl
I don't know the ins and out of the road laws over there but that did not seem right to me. The vibe I got was that the cop threw reasons at him why he should be booking the guy or could book him for this that and the other. Basically threats. Then asks if we are OK and shakes his hand LOL. I think that cop talked his way out of trouble by making threats to book him.

Not how a respectable member of the law enforcement should be behaving like What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. In other words cops are not immune to the law.

+1 Exactly right!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Back Marker

kardiac996 is on a distinguished road
Overall we are conditioned to law enforcements hierarchy. We assume their power is infact actual power. Its funny, I know this guy that carries a business card that lists all his rights for a law enforcement official in the case he is pulled over for a infraction of the law. He hands his license and this card on top to the officer and is let go immediately after he reads the card. Majority the public is treated as ignorant and the public assumes that officers "know" the law.

Cameras are a great tool to capture and guarantee proper due process. The rider in this video was brilliant in his calmness. I got pulled over last week for taking a off ramp "track style" lol i was leaning to far for public roads... They got a tough job but I gotta say the good cop arena has declined.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
From the youtube comments...

Officer Eugen Holm retired yesterday in lieu of being fired. This was confirmed by an internal affairs investigator this morning.

Officer Holm was facing Internal Affairs charges for: (1) Not reporting an accident (Metro Policy Manual 5/103.29), (2) Wrongful interaction with the public (for being discourteous and rude, Metro Policy Manual 4/102.12), and (3) Conduct Unbecoming an Officer (intimidation, Civil Service Rule 510-2). All charges were "SUSTAINED".
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kardiac996
Overall we are conditioned to law enforcements hierarchy. We assume their power is infact actual power. Its funny, I know this guy that carries a business card that lists all his rights for a law enforcement official in the case he is pulled over for a infraction of the law. He hands his license and this card on top to the officer and is let go immediately after he reads the card. Majority the public is treated as ignorant and the public assumes that officers "know" the law.

Cameras are a great tool to capture and guarantee proper due process. The rider in this video was brilliant in his calmness. I got pulled over last week for taking a off ramp "track style" lol i was leaning to far for public roads... They got a tough job but I gotta say the good cop arena has declined.
Maybe we should all get a card like that Do you have a copy you can publish for all the members?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Officer Eugen Holm retired yesterday in lieu of being fired. This was confirmed by an internal affairs investigator this morning.
It seem justice was done then. I'm glad the cops didn't try to cover it up.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
Whenever I get rear-ended, I stay in my vehicle or on the pavement until the ambulance arrives to check my status.
So far over 20 years on the road, never been rear-ended.