General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Does cop=slow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Does cop=slow?

Anyone experienced this? I am riding on the highway cruising at about 75 just enjoying the road and the car in front of me wacks the brake pedal and all of the sudden we are doing 50 miles an hour in a 65 zone. To make it worse every other car slows down also. Im wondering wtf and i look forward and over and DEAR LORD its a state trooper.The trooper is going 55mph. This is a 65mph zone mind you. What is it that makes these idiots think that if they go around the cop s.w.a.t. and every other law officer in the state will come swooping in and shoot them 750 times! So I downshifted,changed lanes,passed the trooper at 70mph and he actually looked at me and tipped his hat as I zipped past him! Probably a rider himself and thinks its funny to make people into cattle just by slowing down.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:10 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
They're trolling just like a big catfish in a river. You did the right thing. They have their tactics and let 'em. I got better **** to do and they don't figure into the equation - most days.

Find one that needs to get across town in a hurry and you can hook up the fastest commute in recent history.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Find one that needs to get across town in a hurry and you can hook up the fastest commute in recent history.
I did that yesterday in VA for about 40 miles. Three state troopers doing just under 90 on the interstate. Works out nice because everyone moves out of the way. I figured they were in a hurry to get where they were going and didn't have time for me.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
i dont slow down and if they turn on blue lights and i kno where i am i j/ hit a back road and take off
Old 05-16-2009, 03:25 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by drew_c14
I did that yesterday in VA for about 40 miles. Three state troopers doing just under 90 on the interstate. Works out nice because everyone moves out of the way. I figured they were in a hurry to get where they were going and didn't have time for me.
Check my post "trip to the tree farm" or Border Agents - ******* wild. I regretted posting it after I did it bc I thought it made me a target but nothing has happened. Wild ride, good drivers and go-go-go!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:38 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I agree with your assessment. They do create a hazard, I've noticed it in the past.

Kinda off topic a bit but I gotta comment: I LOVE the fact that you have a maize... I mean yellow hawk.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
The speed limit is there for a reason...if the cop is going slower, pass 'em. Just do it respectfully. I've never known one stopping anyone for doing the speed limit, unless somthin' else is goin' on. I've run into the same thing...a herd of sheep following their shepherd at 60 in a 70 zone on the interstate. I just ease around 'em and give the cop a nod or a wave and let them know that I know they are there. Here in KY on the interstate where I live, you can go over the posted limit a ways and they won't stop you if you're driving smart and not like a squid. A ticket on the interstate under 10 mph over the posted limit is not gonna make the cop popular with his peers. In town or in a 55 mph zone, it's a different story. Just be respectable and pass 'em. Let the sheep follow the shepherd if they wanna. The only difference here from VA is that I wouldn't do what drew c14 did. These KY state police don't like people trackin' 'em if there movin' down the road. And most of the state police are usually movin' down the road when ya see 'em. You track 'em...they'll burn ya. Oh yeah...don't track me either, if ya ever see me. Doesn't matter why.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
It used to **** me off when I had my '83 BMW R100RS, pearl white, I'd come up behind a car on the freeway and they'd slow down to under the speed limit. I was wearing a red, white and black Arai at the time, so unless they needed glasses, I didn't look anything like a CHP, who wore only open face helmets at that time.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Does cop = slow? Not around here. I can't remember the last time I saw a cop on the freeway going less than 80 mph.

Or signaling any of their numerous per mile lane changes. Including the ones back and forth over the double yellow between the #1 and HOV lane.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
I agree with your assessment. They do create a hazard, I've noticed it in the past.

Kinda off topic a bit but I gotta comment: I LOVE the fact that you have a maize... I mean yellow hawk.
Scarlet and Gray was unavailable!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
I also owned a R 100 RS painted appliance white, wore a white full coverage lid and a black hein gerrick. That rig caused paranoia in surrounding traffic, they thought I was a moto-cop. Cars would yield the lane to me over and over again, what a hoot. Even had Bubba Buttcrack in his Tonka Toy Toyota get out of my way more than once. Har Har!

But yeah, everyone out there is riddled with guilt for what they WERE doing that when they come upon a LEO they back out of it too quick and err too far on the side of caution. Human nature is both amusing and confounding.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dshakes
Probably a rider himself and thinks its funny to make people into cattle just by slowing down.
make no mistake. they are already cattle. Pigs are the cowboys, and we are the wolves.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
and when they have someone pulled over, all slow down way too much. i've been in traffic jams that were due to this idiotic behaviour.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Back Marker

barrysuperhawk
Well, the problem is you don't know if the cop you are about to pass is a jerk or not until you pass him, and then the price of failure may be a few hundred dollars...
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Squid

mach9 is on a distinguished road
Here in Ontario, the OPP have a habit of getting us on radar as you approach them. They are in the on coming traffic, so when unmarked very hard to see. Then they do this crazy dangerous high speed U turn by carving into the soft shoulder of the highway. Then they run up behind you at full bore. It's just insane! And I think it wasn't just but a couple weeks ago a Trooper out in Alberta was killed when he did this particular U turn maneuver.