http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BccVeAurI
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Squid

JimmyFireBug is on a distinguished road
Wow! That's bonkers!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
wow crazy, heres an idea, dont be fucken sorry, pay attention to where youre driving, fucken idiot.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Damn that was crazy...he's lucky it wasn't an F-350 or something bigger
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
wow... honestly she would have hit the car in FRONT of him it looked like she was going pretty fast...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
The last thing I would want is here walking up to me that close when I was regrouping my thoughts. How was she thinking that would help? Get on that phone and start dialing some dispatch numbers! She was probably on the phone anyway...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
dont be fucken sorry, pay attention to where youre driving, fucken idiot.
+1

That gave me the chills for 2-3 minutes.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
yowza
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
Dude was crazy lucky not to be squished like a bug. That's nuts!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Well, other than what look like regular blue jeans, he had full gear on.

He hits the SUV in front of him.

I just bought a GoPro last week. Not with this intention in mind. Wanted to shoot some cool footage of my kids for my parents. I can now GUARANTEE that it will be on my helmet when I ride.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
Well, other than what look like regular blue jeans, he had full gear on.

He hits the SUV in front of him.

I just bought a GoPro last week. Not with this intention in mind. Wanted to shoot some cool footage of my kids for my parents. I can now GUARANTEE that it will be on my helmet when I ride.
Actually, the hit is hard enough that it looks like the fork is bent... The bike got squished between two cars...

One thing though, in that situation, before the hit... I would never ever get that close up behind a car... I either keep enough distance to manouvre and have a way out... Or make sure to be to either side of the car in front so I can sneak out that way...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
This is a golden opportunity to educate newer riders of the importance of knowing what's behind you at all times and how to avoid being rear ended.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
This is a golden opportunity to educate newer riders of the importance of knowing what's behind you at all times and how to avoid being rear ended.
Side note though, so I'm not making myself out to be all-knowing... I'm not sure I or anyone else would have had time to react in this situation, but if the bike had been of to the side, it would at worst have gotten a glancing blow as the car plowed into the SUV...

No matter what, people driving around without looking/thinking is dangerous, keep out of their way...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
MotoGP

Actually, second look at the video...

It looks like the driver is putting something in her pocket while walking up... Cellphone perhaps?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
SuperBike

likely, although if she was smart she would have swerved left. i know im very **** about red lights. ill watch my mirror until the car behind me has stopped and even while approaching ill tap my brake lights several times just to show them im there.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I preference to one side or the other of the vehicle in front of me (all depends if it is a divided road or not) and I keep a larger distance in between myself and the car in front. I also use the engine braking more and use the brakes to signal. I always flash the lights and once stop continue to flash the brake light. should just get a modulator...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I must confess I would be very hard pressed not to slug that bitch..... You put my life in danger (not just an abstract argument in this case), my civility goes out the door...... Unless you can very quickly convince me the incident is the result of mechanical failure, you will get slapped around...... Take the f***in' bus, moron!

Last edited by mikstr; 02-08-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by mikstr
I must confess I would be very hard pressed not to slug that bitch..... You put my life in danger (not just an abstract argument in this case), my civility goes out the door...... Unless you can very quickly convince me the incident is the result of mechanical failure, you will get slapped around...... Take the f***in' bus, moron!

i agree with you there if i got rear ended and watched my bike destroyed on the ground and almost lost my life things might up a little violent. althought we all know not to mess with you french canadians, ive seen the sporting events held in quebec and whenever things dont go your way you guys get very vocal. lol
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
we all know not to mess with you french canadians, ive seen the sporting events held in quebec and whenever things dont go your way you guys get very vocal. lol
you can chalk those particular incidents up to a bunch of low-life welfare case scumbags bent on creating mayhem because they have nothing else to do, like hold down a job, for example......
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
when i look at this video, I see that the rider is wrong because he fixated on the stopping/stopped vehicle blocking his lane instead of using his escape route to the right. He should have known that the vehicle on his left was approximating his speed essentially blocking a potential escape route to that side(the accepted passing side); this should have alerted him that his options were narrowed to the right lane only. He also should have known that the vehicle on his right was traveling significantly slower than him based on how fast he went by it and logged this as his only escape route. He should have never touched his brakes(only had them covered), but instead moved quickly to the right gradually slowing until he could get back to a point where he had more escape options once again.

Of course, the driver who rear-ended him is legally at fault for not having her vehicle under control, but the way i view riding is that i am always riding on some elses road, consequently i have no rights or guarantees and am responsible for me end everyone elses actions. If you're going around a blind turn well into your own lane and an oncoming vehicle suddenly appears on your side, right doesn't matter when your fucked up or dead, hence you are using a portion of the road that in essence not yours. It's like tuggin on superman's cape, spittin into the wind, etc.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Some of us old guys sum it up with the saying " I'd rather be wrong than dead right".....

But yeah, one should get in the habit of checking behind them when they stop....
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
ouch second on the chills.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Some of us old guys sum it up with the saying " I'd rather be wrong than dead right".....

But yeah, one should get in the habit of checking behind them when they stop....
Agree! while it's definitely a good idea to check behind you when you are stopping, in this case, stopping was his mistake. He barely got stopped on a lightweight bike, so it would be improbable that someone traveling at the same speed in a car would be able to match that stopping distance.