General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I got rear-ended today, or was it divine intervention??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
I got rear-ended today, or was it divine intervention??

So I went to look at a '01 R6 trackbike for stupid cheap today. Penske rear, Traxxion front, street and race plastics, a whole pile of extra parts. I even worked out a deal to trade the Hawk for it plus he pays me $200.. I know.

So on the way home in rush hour traffic the line of cars starts slowing down and all of a sudden I hear loud-*** screeching tires behind me, I let off the brakes and move over to the middle of the two lane road, and bam I get hit from behind. Next thing I know I was shot forward towards the car in front of me, somehow I manage to do a quick dodge around the car in front of me and pull to a stop in the middle of the road a few cars ahead. I get off the bike and start walking back through traffic pointing at people and shouting if they hit me. I was so pissed. Someone could have killed me. I found the asshat who hit me and we pull off and do the whole "call the police because you don't have a license or insurance bit". It turns out he did but just couldn't find it at the time.

The left muffler took the full brunt of a full size, crew cab Dodge truck. The left passenger peg bracket was sheered in half, and the mounting point on the midpipe that connects to the rearset sheered as well. I think it even bent the whole left rearset outwards too.

Ok, now for the divine intervention part, which is really messing with me right now. I was thinking about getting a cheap track bike, but I really like my SuperChicken, so I was gonna take the left pipe off to save some weight and do cheap suspension upgrades like an F4i shock, fork springs, and the rearset spacer. Then this retardedly good deal comes up on craigslist today and on the way home the left pipe gets smashed, and from the insurance I may be able to fund the rest of my budget track stuff. The bike has a rebuilt title and already has a tank dent and some broken plastic, so hell that may get written off too. Maybe it was meant to be??

Pics

Went from this:

I know... the chain the bike sat with no lube for a long while before I had it.
Name:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  58.0 KB

To this:

Name:  IMG_0144.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  49.9 KB

One more

Name:  IMG_0142.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  46.8 KB
Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the club...only mine wasn't preceded by screeching tires, and I was ejected over the tailsection, landing on my back. That was last March 21st. My bike was totaled ($5000 damage), then resurrected with Yosh slip-ons.

Glad you are okay. At least the Tacoma PreRunner that hit me had insurance.

Good job riding that "bucking bronco", by the way.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 08-05-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
since it's on the other driver's nickle, make sure you have the frame checked as well as the swingarm.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Do whatever, but I'm just thinkin' glad the peg was sheared off instaed of your leg! Glad you're ok. Makes me want to pay even more attention to my mirrors.