General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

anyone gone down on T-Rex sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
anyone gone down on T-Rex sliders?

I find that they get in the way of my knees sometimes when setting up for corners, and I've banged my shins on them more than a few times as well...anyone actually gone down with a set of these installed and have them save your fairings?

If not I may just remove them...
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
I find that they get in the way of my knees sometimes when setting up for corners, and I've banged my shins on them more than a few times as well...anyone actually gone down with a set of these installed and have them save your fairings?

If not I may just remove them...
I ground mine underneath so that they could move forward. In this modified forward position, I like to lean off and put my knee against it(in case i have to hit brakes hard mid turn) so that i can keep my weight from the bars. may or may not work for you?

They were in my way before, that's why i ground and move them forward.

As far as crashing, there's the possibility you could catch the T-Rex on something and flip it in lieu a mere low side. Pros and cons.

Last edited by nath981; 05-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
hmmm, good idea actually...I might try something like that before I take them off out-right...I don't like the idea of having my knee against it while going around turns, don't really wanna support a falling bike with the side of my knees.

Originally Posted by nath981
I ground mine underneath so that they could move forward. In this modified forward position, I like to lean off and put my knee against it(in case i have to hit brakes hard mid turn) so that i can keep my weight from the bars. may or may not work for you?

They were in my way before, that's why i ground and move them forward.

As far as crashing, there's the possibility you could catch the T-Rex on something and flip it in lieu a mere low side. Pros and cons.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
I had a tip over with mine saved the fairing but the clutch switch cover cracked...
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I've gone down on them several times at the track. they do not keep from getting scratched up, but definitely save from the full force of a wreck tearing up the fairings. I would not ride without them on mine.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I have and bonkey knees are a small price to pay for saved fairing and bike. I dont know how anyone doesnt use em. My crashes were both low and hi-side on the street and 100+mph on the track.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
I would suggest , you VERY carefully lay your S-hawk over on either side.. Laying the handle bar end -direct and straight to the garage floor... Then lay down beside the bike and you can imagine ALL those points of the bike touching the floor/ GROUND OFF, rashed... All of this procedure is theoretical physics...
Cheaper replacement part- than engine case, radiator,foot peg assembly, etc...
My S-hawks have T-rexs on them... Beside the sliders make a wonderful place , to rest your legs across, while not in the twisties......