Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

This place has really gone to hell

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
That is why I'm done giving tuning advice here. Don't want anyone to get butt hurt because I have my own opinion and usually facts to back it up..... Didn't know that was sooooo insulting to my fellow members.

As for a final bit to ponder it also seems that some people have issues with anyone disagreeing with their posts..... Never knew Tweety was my little bitch
Mike,,,,, ya do see the conflict in your own posts right?

You can not post on the internet and think everyone will agree with you... Can you?

You make your post, give your advice and opinion on,, well say carb tuning a VTR,, some are going to disagree... and who cares.

If your going to get upset when someone disagrees with your tuning advice,, Id suggest you do as you stated above, and stop posting it...

On the other hand if you can deal with the fact if you post ANYTHING someone will come along and dispute it... but still feel good about those that read your advice and take advantage of it... Keep posting ....

Seems many like what you have to say, a few don't.. and all of this personal attack and bickering needs to stop.

Post, respond to the content of the post, not the poster.

And to others...
"Thats a stupid idea" is attacking the post content.

"Your ******* stupid" is attacking the poster....
neither are needed, but the first is acceptable, ir not a bit antagonistic. .
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Mike,,,,, ya do see the conflict in your own posts right?

You can not post on the internet and think everyone will agree with you... Can you?

You make your post, give your advice and opinion on,, well say carb tuning a VTR,, some are going to disagree... and who cares.

If your going to get upset when someone disagrees with your tuning advice,, Id suggest you do as you stated above, and stop posting it...

On the other hand if you can deal with the fact if you post ANYTHING someone will come along and dispute it... but still feel good about those that read your advice and take advantage of it... Keep posting ....

Seems many like what you have to say, a few don't.. and all of this personal attack and bickering needs to stop.

Post, respond to the content of the post, not the poster.

And to others...
"Thats a stupid idea" is attacking the post content.

"Your ******* stupid" is attacking the poster....
neither are needed, but the first is acceptable, ir not a bit antagonistic. .
The issue I have is not with people disagreeing with my posts, its the personal attacks.

Disagreements is how we learn, what bothers me is when I do state why I have my opinion and it is completely ignored and the only reply is an thinly veiled personal attack.

Do you like being called a lair? IMHO both Markus and myself were told we were lying when stating a performance number. Now I tried to ask if anything was really known about my bike and what has really been done to it and without this information how can you be so sure it can't do what I have claimed..... No response just more **** talking.

How would you react to someone saying that you are posting BS and you must be smelling your own breath again? Yes it is not the exact comment as it was deleted after Greg asked it to be but that is what I have been dealing with the last few weeks.

Now I have really tried to be a better forum member and bite the **** out of my tongue to not respond in kind.

All this has done is make the situation worse.

Maybe someone else would have a better way to deal with it but I don't.

So instead of polluting your forum with a bunch of BS it is easier to just have my current opinion, which is to not be part of the discussions as there are folks on here with personal vendettas that can't let them go.

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 12-21-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
OK. Here' my take on all of this. It's a very old adage, and often quoted in internet forum's.

"Opinion's are like arsesole's... everyone has one"

Now in this context this could be taken as an insult? But seeing as I consider Mike a friend and I don't know Nath well enough to insult him? (Hell, he could be a double hard bastard as we say in Old Blighty). It's delivery is to say that some idea's are ****! some are just someone's opinion? other's just stink!

Seeing as most of my idea's come from reading motorcycle magazine's while sitting (I said sitting, not shitting, I'm not that rude!) on the throne (crapper, bog, toliet?, whatever you may call it?) some of my idea's, opinion's are ****! some even really stink!!! other's just go plop! plop! plop! and are just flushed away!

So what I'm really trying to say here is? Errrrrr? I'm not sure. My opinions are just that my opinion.

Honestly Nath, I think Mike was the first one to offer an apology in all of this, I think the best thing would be to accept it and move on. It take's a bigger person (MAN) to say they are sorry than to keep the flame burning. **** we all love motorcycle's that why we visit these fourm's and to BS about what we know and do. Hell I think your FFF'inng nut's running a 190 tire on the back of your Hawk!!! but whatever rock's your boat bud.

Merry Bloody Christmas Guy's. I'm off to the bar tonight for my once a year drink up with a bunch of old Motorcycle messenger's in Los Angeles I'll make sure to have a drink for both of you.

One last thing (I know I never shut up!). I for one, and I'm sure a whole bunch of you guy's out there, really want to know what secret black magic art of the Superhawk's down right fiddly carb's mike has discovered?????

OK. I think we should all be able to have one guess? Then come Jan 1st, mike has to let us know. 1st person to guess right, or be the closest get's a Brand new Johnson Motors Inc T-shirt from me. Who are Johnson Motors Inc. Just google them. Whatever your size that I have in stock at the time I'll send it out to the winner. Most are Motorcylce related.

OK, here's is my guess????? Mike has found out that if you........????
Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Both of you put down the keyboards and pickup the helmets! haha

We need to go riding soon...

I read Mike's carb thread and it steered me in the right direction after I inherited a crappy engine swap/tuning job from a shop that just couldn't get it right...the rest of y'all's mileage my vary!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:44 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
I find that arguing about previous arguments is difficult to follow. Please, something new with a different factoid to dispute.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Come on guys, it's not the end of the world....

Sorry.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
This is a lot like

Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedkelly@aol.com
Honestly Nath, I think Mike was the first one to offer an apology in all of this, I think the best thing would be to accept it and move on. It take's a bigger person (MAN) to say they are sorry than to keep the flame burning. **** we all love motorcycle's that why we visit these fourm's and to BS about what we know and do. Hell I think your FFF'inng nut's running a 190 tire on the back of your Hawk!!! but whatever rock's your boat bud.

not that it matters, but I believe i was first to apologize on the thread below, the one where the **** finally hit the fan. Now can I the bigger MAN, please?haha

[url]https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/any-consensus-re-2-into-1-exhaust-setups-28999/page4/[/url

I'm not sure I qualify as being nuts for running a 190, but I would ask you to read the thread, "190 on a 5.5" rim". You'll find that this was not a casual gesture on my part and that it's not any 190, but only a Q2. I tried the BTO16 and the Pow Pure 190s previously and reported on those as unacceptable before i found the 190 Q2, which is the best handling tire I've ever tried on the hawk. Coincidentally, Dunlop also states this size preference in their data sheets linked on that thread if that exonerates my position at all.

Some of us are too quick to judge and I'm no exception here, however I try mods if I think have merit for what I'm trying to accomplish within my budget constraints and share the results on the forum good or bad. I also try not dismiss those who try things i haven't. We can learn something from the least of us if we are open-minded.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
How about we move on.

Mike and Nath. if one of you have something you still feel you need to add to this thread,, please PM me and I'll open it.

Otherwise.,,, lets get back to sharing our experiences and opinions...it's how we learn,,,, even when someone disagrees.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 12-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I really wish someone would close this thread.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Agreed. Maybe you two should meet up for beers and chill for a while.

Thanks, Erik.