Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

"Motorcyclist" has gone PC

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:00 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
"Motorcyclist" has gone PC

Since when did riding a motorcycle have anything to do with personal sexual preferences?

Check out the article on page 32 of the new "Motorcyclist" magazine. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but I don't go around announcing my sexual preferences to everyone within earshot either.

I'm sick and tired or the GLBT alliance pushing their personal sex lives in my face. How about a "Heterosexual Pride" parade? No, seriously, just keep it in the bedroom and out of my face.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Back Marker

Big Shepp is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Since when did riding a motorcycle have anything to do with personal sexual preferences?

Check out the article on page 32 of the new "Motorcyclist" magazine. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but I don't go around announcing my sexual preferences to everyone within earshot either.

I'm sick and tired or the GLBT alliance pushing their personal sex lives in my face. How about a "Heterosexual Pride" parade? No, seriously, just keep it in the bedroom and out of my face.
Agreed. What a person does in their own home is their own business, but that doesn't make two guys kissing in public any less likely to make me lose my lunch.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I dumped that rag years ago. Apparently not a moment too soon.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 AM
King of this hill
Back Marker

Cafe Racer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Shepp
Agreed. What a person does in their own home is their own business, but that doesn't make two guys kissing in public any less likely to make me lose my lunch.
I agree... But I was at LAX and a couple of good looking gals were embracing and giving each other lengthy good bye kisses. It brought a tear to my eye.

Miguel
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Back Marker

REDVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Two way street. when the religious right in this country stops their war on homosexuality then the LGBT community will not feel the need to stand up and try to show that their lifestyle is their choice and their is nothing wrong with it. As much as some would like for the LGBT community to "keep it to themselves" i am sure they feel the same way about the right wing nut jobs who endlessly persecute the hell out of them. Not gay myself but i did serve in the military with those who were and it is a damn shame that someone who stood up and wore the uniform of this country had to lie about who they were to protect a bunch of puritanical idiots who would like to commit them for it

[/rant]
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by REDVTR1000
Two way street. when the religious right in this country stops their war on homosexuality then the LGBT community will not feel the need to stand up and try to show that their lifestyle is their choice and their is nothing wrong with it. As much as some would like for the LGBT community to "keep it to themselves" i am sure they feel the same way about the right wing nut jobs who endlessly persecute the hell out of them. Not gay myself but i did serve in the military with those who were and it is a damn shame that someone who stood up and wore the uniform of this country had to lie about who they were to protect a bunch of puritanical idiots who would like to commit them for it

[/rant]
Well said.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by REDVTR1000

[/rant]
Out of curiosity, what's your take on "Don't ask Don't tell?"
Old 10-06-2011, 08:10 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I always find it strange to hear that argument. The same could be said for cheating spouses or criminals.

If those religious nuts would just stop denouncing rape of young children and infidelity then it would be great & everyone would be happy.

Now if we could just get them to stop with all the hospitals to save millions of lives and high quality schools to educate that are mucking up the country we'd be great.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
MandownMertech
Superstock

mertechperformance is on a distinguished road
"High quality schools" yeah, right that are far and wide sliding down the greatness scale at a HUGE price to their students families.

Oh and what exactly wen down on page 32 of Motorcyclist magazine? I don;t keep many mag subs, just pick up which ones I like here and there.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mertechperformance
"High quality schools" yeah, right that are far and wide sliding down the greatness scale at a HUGE price to their students families.

Oh and what exactly wen down on page 32 of Motorcyclist magazine? I don;t keep many mag subs, just pick up which ones I like here and there.
It's a column by a writer named David M. Gross (he's not a regular contributor to the mag). He says, in so many words, that the motorcycling family should "embrace" the gay bikers within our midst.

I just don't see the reasoning behind publishing the article... unless it's damage control by "Motorcyclist" for the editorial that Brian Catterson wrote about a "South Park" episode, where one of the characters called poser bikers ****. We all know that a certain percentage of the population is gay, including motorcyclists, and that doesn't bother me. Just keep it to yourself, like most heterosexuals do.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
I am (not religious ) but more a scientific type . And as such do not care( one way way 0r the other)for the whole gay rights crap! it's simply put not correct duh. cannot procreat(thank goodness) thus not natural. However each to his own I figure as long as I don't have to be annoyed or confronted with thier choice... I am ex-millitary, and just felt that if my teamate is busy in fatasy land watching my butt then he ain't watching my butt in the field."don't ask, dont tel"l... And personally I don't really care if it offends some gay person that I care not to be bothered by thier sexual preference ( thats my right ) ! Get over it and move on is the way I see it.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
I always find it strange to hear that argument. The same could be said for cheating spouses or criminals.

If those religious nuts would just stop denouncing rape of young children and infidelity then it would be great & everyone would be happy.

Now if we could just get them to stop with all the hospitals to save millions of lives and high quality schools to educate that are mucking up the country we'd be great.
+1 best schools and hospitals there are.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mertechperformance

Yep, it has nothing to do with the family values effecting schools ability to educate students...but, as usual I am not an expert in this area and couldnt tell my **** from a whole in the ground.

As for the gay thing...(sarcasm) I'm not homophobic or anything, but those **** can keep their eyes off my goods. I mean, I work with women, and I only briefly look at them about every half hour, but it is a well known fact that 90% of homos can't control themselves in a self respecting way. All they can think about is vaseline, ********, ******, and eating rug (depending on if your talking about the guy **** or the girl ****). So, this is why if I was on my death bed I would die before letting one of those homos touch my ****. I mean, he probably would want a bj, hj, or some ****...or possibly all three, and I wouldnt give the a-hole a hug if it meant that my first born might live a happy life. Too bad darwin has to wait for them to die. ****. (end ranting sarcasm)
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 PM
mcg
Squid

mcg is on a distinguished road
Cycle Canada editor Mike transformed to Michelle ... She had been a serious contender on the track in her previous persona ... Live and let live. Life is to serious to be taken seriously!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
SuperBike

Well, they did in Starship Troopers, and they got along just fine. And if you want to blame the religious right, blame adam and eve for original sin which has us hiding our genitalia. I see women dressed inappropriately every single day (well, it would be appropriate for producing sexual tension), and I manage to not walk around with wood everywhere I go. I dont get how not telling you they are gay would somehow relieve the fact that they are gay. And I dont get how you not being gay would lead them to hound you to play "just the tip" or "ouch ouch, thats my anus"
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Superstock

selztoad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer

AMEN AND AMEN
Old 10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
SuperBike

And...Your male dog humps another and it is just "dominating" the other dog. Some dude tries the same and all of a sudden it's wrong...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

Originally Posted by autoteach
And...Your male dog humps another and it is just "dominating" the other dog. Some dude tries the same and all of a sudden it's wrong...

well for the first part, I would be the first to throw cold water on the offending mutt (done that) and he's then not feelin it lmao. And for the second part, yes it's wrong....
Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RK1
Do you get to watch them change their clothes in the barracks? Pull down their pants to sit on the toilet? Share the shower with them?

Why have we spent billions to provide separate facilities for men and women in the military?

Because Mr. and Mrs. America don't want horny men staring at their naked 18 year old daughter in the shower room. Everybody understands that.

But if they don't want homos showering with their 18 year old son they must be "homophobic" and "bigoted" members of the "religious right"?
Preach man. Preach.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 PM
SuperBike

Any_of_you_Homos.wmv - YouTube
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

try this dang funny
Catching the Gay - YouTube
Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RK1
Do you get to watch them change their clothes in the barracks? Pull down their pants to sit on the toilet? Share the shower with them?

Why have we spent billions to provide separate facilities for men and women in the military?

Because Mr. and Mrs. America don't want horny men staring at their naked 18 year old daughter in the shower room. Everybody understands that.

But if they don't want homos showering with their 18 year old son they must be "homophobic" and "bigoted" members of the "religious right"?
Well, let me ask you this... lets say you have twins (boy and girl), and both go into the military, which one do you think would be most likely to get raped?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by autoteach
Well, let me ask you this... lets say you have twins (boy and girl), and both go into the military, which one do you think would be most likely to get raped?
Neither. Any woman that goes into the military could kick a normal guy's ***. Point is, there's a reason for separate quarters.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
It's not who you love it's that you love.