Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

This place has really gone to hell

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
This place has really gone to hell

I do miss the old board.... Sure some folks thought I was a bit coarse in how I say things but the personal attacks usually took a little while to manifest themselves.

Now it's almost constant..... it is bad enough that it is not even worth writing out, so I'll just cut and paste my last reply to a thread:

Now for my opinion on how this board has gone to hell.

There is no longer real discussions, just tons of **** talking..... kind of wonder what happened to the mods.... I guess a member constantly trying to start **** just doesn't matter.

Which leads me to say go right ahead and take what I say out of context or before I say opps I meant to say this (yes I am human and can make a mistake when answering questions quickly but also stepped right up and said I made a mistake but that just doesn't matter)..... kind of like the 60-80 times.

I really don't give a **** and think it's funny that Markus post the same thing as myself, yet due to personal vendettas I'm the only one who gets to hear it....

I did correct what I said but still have the fine members here busting my ***** for the original statement...... it is so nice to talk with grown adults on this forum.....

Will I walk away from the board, nope got to stay just to **** people off.....though I will no longer share new information I come up with...

Kind of like the carb thread.... I had the carbs from my bike off 4 times this week and had a nice addendum to post with something new I found..... but it's not going to happen now.

Have a nice day, run whatever the hell you want and I'll just sit back and laugh....
Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Damn I haven't been on as much recently... must have missed something fun!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
8541Hawk, sorry to read this. Don't know what was said, and honestly
don't care to find out. You have the right be feel the way you do, I am not going to argue that with you.

This may not be of any consolation, however, as a newer member here, I have always read anything writen by you, or any of the older members with interest and respect. Your knowledge on any subject concerning the chicken, has always been of great help to me. One of the most useful, was indeed the carb setup.

It's a shame to loose valuable input from someone like yourself.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Mike, I hear you. Everyone has an opinion, and some have info and experience which is more valid than others. But a contributing member's suggestions are not always taken gracefully.

My expertise is mainly with 4 wheeled vehicles, and I'll be the first to admit that I don't know "everything". Only a fool would make that claim. My Superhawk is the first motorcycle I've owned that requires more than minimal maintenance (like 20 minute valve adjustments). All my previous bikes were shaft drive.

I've received helpful info and learned tons from you, inderocker, Greg, Markus, and many others, and believe me, I appreciate it. It's why I joined this forum in the first place, after lurking for over 2 years.

As for Markus, maybe they are aware of his physical size.

Edit: I fretted about what to do with my carbs until you suggested going to 48 pilots and leaving the mains alone (I'd already shimmed the needles, for which I got info from Greg). Hearing some of the nightmares of guys with more extensive carb mods, I'm glad I got your input 2 1/2 years ago, when I got my slip-ons.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 12-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
WTF! did I miss? I check in every few days and never saw any of this forum drama.
That's not fair, I'm complaining.

Mike, Merry Christmas.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
Damn I haven't been on as much recently... must have missed something fun!
I guess you did miss all the fun stuff... It seems that this become a bit personal!
This is suppose to be a fun forum... Can we all get along??? After all this is the reason why we here, isn't it? We all have a common passion, so lets enjoy this passion and keep the personal stuff off! And I mean everyone on this forum!

Just remember and take into account that words black on white have a tendency to sound allot more aggressive than they are in real life, if you are in the corporate world you know what I'm talking about!!!
Once you release a word it's like an arrow, you can't take it back!

Last edited by NHSH; 12-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedkelly@aol.com
WTF! did I miss? I check in every few days and never saw any of this forum drama.
That's not fair, I'm complaining.

Mike, Merry Christmas.
I think it's cumulative.

An early Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Not sure what you are talking about? No way for us to read every thread.. like you we open the ones that interest us.

As for where are the MOD's, same place as always, taking care of things we see or read, OR ARE REPORTED....by YOU the membership

But since there has not been a reported thread in months..other then about a spammer.... and I've seen nothing of issue in the threads I have read.... then there has been no issue to address.

I just checked, no waiting PM's from members reporting problems.
No emails of reported posts or threads...

So, as always... if there is an issue.. TELL SOMEONE,, and we will look into it.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 12-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I dunno why I get by being as grumpy as I am, and not you... I haven't figured that out... Make no mistake about it, I'm rather prone to provoking people...

And I doubt it has much to do with physical size, I can't very well strangle someone online, although some have made it felt warranted...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I'd just like to echo what VTRsurfer and Jack Flash have said. You're extremely knowledgeable and you really want to help people. I read all of your contributions with a great deal of interest. You've done a great deal of good. I'm sorry that a few people have put you off this forum and I'd like it very much if you decided to keep sharing what you know.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
SuperBike

OK Mike, I think you seen enough responses, if you not back, we going to organize a tour to your house, will gather around your VTR mecca and sing Kumbaya!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Mike... You are a helpful forum member, probably one of the most helpful and informative. I'd be sad to see you go.

But honestly, its the internet...

Who gives a **** what someone thinks, and the fact that you care enough about someone elses opinion of you, your views, or your technical prowess to make a thread like this is actually kinda sad.

You don't like what someone says, ignore them.

Why would you let it influence your life in any way.

Most forums I've been on have an "ignore" function where you can remove posts from certain forum members you have issues with. -Might be a good idea.
I'm guessing its Nath that has your panties in a bunch again. He can be abrasive, and helpful.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I will echo Erik's comments. If there is a problem that can't be resolved amongst yourselves, or if forum rules are broken with personal attacks, PLEASE feel free and report a member/post. We all have busy lives and can't monitor the forum 100% of the time.

I'd also chalk some of this up to winter. It usually happens right around this time. Folks are cooped up with cabin fever and can't go out and ride. That release is gone for the year. What we have to look forward to are shiny new bike parts under the tree and hope of warmer weather in the near future. Better yet, pick up dirt bike riding! It's great exercise and loads of fun! My little CR125 gets a workout almost every weekend.

Happy Holidays! Smile!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Man i am glad i am not the cause of the uproar, whewww. Uhh well hope i am not

Hawkrider hit the nail on the head, pickup a dirt bike and ride year round on motorcycles, unless you live in a warmer climate of course.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hmm. I always just open the forum to active topics. I dont read em all so musta missed or didnt recognize the wackiness.

I mean really, we should all be focusing on my horn wiring dilema. That would unite all hawkers.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Hmm. I always just open the forum to active topics. I dont read em all so musta missed or didnt recognize the wackiness.

I mean really, we should all be focusing on my horn wiring dilema. That would unite all hawkers.
Horn, who needs that, the Deer don't care and the cagers could care less as well.

I got an idea we need to invent a device that zaps cagers who are texting and within 100 yards of a motorcycle rider. Now that is something to unite us.....
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Thumper
Horn, who needs that, the Deer don't care and the cagers could care less as well.

I got an idea we need to invent a device that zaps cagers who are texting and within 100 yards of a motorcycle rider. Now that is something to unite us.....
Agreed! Maybe even some kind of a device like in Fast & Furious to stall the motor of any texting cager, though we may need the ability to aim while riding and a very big battery
Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
The fish stinks from the head down. What does that mean? IMO Mike's comments are a statement of the lack of civility, compassion, and the importance of self and the need to feed ego in our society. This and other web social gatherings are just a reflection of some of what's gone wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Mike, you'll feel better after Christmas. This season can give anyone the blues. I even got caught in a downpour for the first time in years. Of course wearing the nicest leather jacket I have ever owned.

Traffic here is real bad around Christmas.

Come on Mike, the world (of this forum) is still a good place. We can rebuild it.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Mike, you'll feel better after Christmas. This season can give anyone the blues. I even got caught in a downpour for the first time in years. Of course wearing the nicest leather jacket I have ever owned.

Traffic here is real bad around Christmas.

Come on Mike, the world (of this forum) is still a good place. We can rebuild it.

I could not agree more!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
I could not agree more!
Ditto
Old 12-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thumper
Who's going to warn the pedestrians I'm coming ?? Hey ! If you don't like the way I drive...STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Someone other than my parents (who were negative role models) taught me to treat others as I want to be treated. The problem is I'm a masochist.

Then again, other than maybe on one occasion, I don't recall getting "into it" with anyone. Don't burst my bubble and tell me I'm wrong!

Truly Mike, I was following your carb thread despite you being curt with me. But it takes a bit to ruffle my feathers, so it was like water off a duck.

Who was it that recently posted recently a quote from Ben Franklin that went something like "I don't give advice because the wise don't need it, and fools won't heed it"?

However, if we aren't here to share both info and the yin & yang of life, what are we here for??

Which gets me to the meaning of life. For example, Q: What is life? A: It's a magazine. Q: How much does it cost? A: $15 Q/Response: That's too much! A: That's life!

Or, Q: Why is life like a *****? A: You REALLY want to know. Q: Yes! A: Life is like a ***** because when it's hard you get f---ed and when it's soft you can't beat it.

Happy holidays!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned
MotoGP

I'll write a quick general reply before answering some of the posts in this thread.

First, Sorry to the mods for the comments about them.

The reason for it was the last time I tried to deal with a member that had a personal vendetta against me I was threatened with a ban at least 2-3 times anytime I tried to defend myself so I didn't see many options.

For the comment that I was "curt" with someone, All I can say is that is how I write. I can use the excuse of only having a high school education then spending the next 6 years shooting people for a living but what the hell I really have tried to tone things down and use the best filter I have when on this board.

The cliff notes of where the attitude I now have has come from and I'm only posting it as I really would like to know what you guys would do.

A post was made about a set up. I made the comment that IMHO I though it was silly. Then the **** hit the fan. Sorry but damn that is about as nice as I can be....

Now I came from a time where people understood that saying "That is a stupid idea" is not the same as saying "I think you're stupid"

Anyways back on point. I moved on not really giving it too much though, then god forbid I made an error in a post.

I got the stock bikes 60-80 roll on mixed up with what mine will do..... I even said so in a reply, opps sorry.

From that time on I've had 2 members going to at least 3 different treads talking **** about it and all but saying I'm lying about what I stated.

Then another "controversial" topic came up. I made a comment on some of it and guess what, no discussion just **** talking and trolling for some type of argument. Sure a lot has been deleted now but has left me wondering why I should bother.

That is my reason for the attitude of not being willing to share anymore. I'm not the best tuner out there but I feel I do pretty damn good and it appears that I can't have a technical discussion without hurting someone feelings, so why bother.

No I don't plan on leaving and will also answer PMs to the best of my ability but as far as posting stuff up..... simple things yeah but that will be it.

Once again I'll apologize if I have offended anyone because of how my written word comes out on the 'net...... just one more reason to keep my bloody mouth closed.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tweety
I dunno why I get by being as grumpy as I am, and not you... I haven't figured that out... Make no mistake about it, I'm rather prone to provoking people...

And I doubt it has much to do with physical size, I can't very well strangle someone online, although some have made it felt warranted...
Thanks for your input as I was wondering if it was just me.

As for the size thing, yeah you do have 1" in height on me..... I guess that's the problem....
Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned
MotoGP

For the rest of you guys, thanks for your words, I just hope you understand my position.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:58 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Thanks for your input as I was wondering if it was just me.

As for the size thing, yeah you ""do have 1" in on me""..... I guess that's the problem....
Well mike, You are truely -the bigger man -for your honesty. I do not believe the group of member, would ride the couches-without posting "OUR" opinion of you being banned from the site..
You have been attacked before-on this site, in the time i have joined. and you have contributed alot of information that has benefited many of us, squids..
Semper Fi, Bro.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by matt365
. I'm guessing its Nath that has your panties in a bunch again. He can be abrasive, and helpful.
that would be my guess too there Matt. ha

Abrasive......could be. Oh and thank you for the "helpful" concession.

I ain't no Jesus and don't usually turn the cheek so someone can slap the other one; and, if I happen to do that occassionally, don't get used to it. I don't like to bully or bullshit people and vice versa. Tell it like it is cause we're all big boys is my belief. I've had my *** kicked and kicked some *** as well....don't matter. What matters is to learn something, grow, and keep on gettin it. I call it evolving and learning the real way.

I am here to share a common passion and passion is a good descriptor for my feelings relative to riding motorcycles. That's why I've crashed more times than i wish to remember and still get back on if and when i can, and why I can't stand to let winter stop me from riding. I know that i am an addict and i also know that most aren't that passionate about this and perhaps not that passionate about anything in their lives. Abrasive huh! Proof. ha. I also know that some are worse or better in both respects and that's fine with me too.

Anyway, I am here to learn from others and perhaps teach others what i have learned about my passion from my perspective. One of my mantras is that, "we are all ********, some of us just don't realize it", and i do at least realize.

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Once again I'll apologize if I have offended anyone because of how my written word comes out on the 'net...... just one more reason to keep my bloody mouth closed.
Apology accepted,,,,,,,,,,,but I expect that history will be the ultimate judge of whether or not these are heartfelt words.

It will most likely be the case that nothing has changed, so it might be best, in order to spare others the ugliness of our distaste for one another, that we refrain from commenting on each other's statements.

Ga Day Mate!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Well my point has been made.... lets pull quotes from different threads to make ourselves feel better or act like they are so damn innocent in all this.

I find it funny that the statement of "we refrain from commenting on each other's statements" yet here you are commenting away...... nice.

You also say " I don't like to bully or bullshit people" yet you have followed me from thread to thread with your comments on what my bike can do 60-80...... so I guess hypocrite could be a good choice of terms for that.

The real issue here is this
Originally Posted by nath981
First off, the main problem here is not soley tied to this particular issue just in case you haven't realized this yet. It is instead that there is a history of Hawk getting on my *** with his insults for some time now on several other non-related issues. He typically tries to disguise his cuts with "IMHO" and other bullshit conciliatory remarks and thinks that somehow makes his malicious comments justifiable.
The way I see it is there are posts made that I believe are incorrect, so I say so and then list the facts why I feel that way.

I guess this is considered "getting on someones ***"

That is why I'm done giving tuning advice here. Don't want anyone to get butt hurt because I have my own opinion and usually facts to back it up..... Didn't know that was sooooo insulting to my fellow members.

As for a final bit to ponder it also seems that some people have issues with anyone disagreeing with their posts..... Never knew Tweety was my little bitch
Originally Posted by nath981

And now since tweety blindly supported your claim, and offered his own challenge, he's gonna have to put a nitrous bottle and 15/44 gearing on his vtr to achieve this under 1.75 sec. roll-on time.

This is gonna be fun........
So while I have tried to be PC for the thin skinned members there does come a time when it really isn't worth the time.

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 12-21-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
so you're gonna punish everyone who can benefit from your help because of **** between you and me. makes sense? Stalking you? really......... why don't we just let it go because this baby **** belongs in a diaper, not in everyone face?

Quick Reply: This place has really gone to hell