Hugger Did NOT Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

BeerHunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Hugger Did NOT Fit

2 weeks back I bought a black rear tire hugger from eBay seller 231973bikes for $85 + $10 shipping ... this seller also has and eBay store named PIT-ECK COLOR CORP a.k.a PIT-ECK Speed Parts. There had been some discussion on the forum about this particular item not fitting very well, which I did not find until AFTER placing the order. It arrived via Fed-Ex quickly and well packaged. BUT, once I had It in place on the bike I immediately noticed a problem. Aside from the bolt holes being a little small (no real issue there) once both sides had been mounted properly I saw that the rear of the hugger was touching the top of my new-ish Pirelli Diablo tire. I attempted to get a finger underneath in order to gauge the clearance needed to maybe shim the mount points and possibly get it to work. I COULD NOT GET ONE FINGER BETWEEN THE TIRE AND HUGGER while flexing the fiberglass unit. There was simply no way to make this work...so I contacted seller to notify about a defective product. They sent me a "return authorization" number and instructed to write the number on the package in large print and then send it back to specified address using "regular mail, (ground shipping) -and to forward tracking number to them- and that I would be refunded to pay-pal after the packaged arrived. This seemed a bit odd to me, as I thought a defective product should be sent back at the expense of the seller. So, off to the UPS store $$$25 and some coins. They got the package, and after I contacted them knowing that UPS had indeed delivered it to them, they refunded $95 to my pay-pal. I still had to pay 25 bucks (return freight)for a defective unit... I did nothing wrong here. I will contact them one last time for compensation but am not hopeful.

I just thought you all should know about this product and the risk involved in dealing with the seller.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

Also, once money had been refunded, the seller sent a "Mutual Withdrawal Request" Alert through eBay, apparently for the purpose of nullifying the auction so that they might be reimbursed for their auction fees?? I cannot possibly agree to that seeing as how I am still short 25 bucks, and if I did agree then they would have come out of it whole, and might even send this defective unit to another buyer. I'm a little bit pissed-off right now...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Squid

blackvtr is on a distinguished road
MEE TOO!

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THIS HUGGER, BUT INSTEAD OF RETURNING THE HUGGER I MADE SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO GET IT TO WORK.... MAINLY MAKING A 3/4" BRACKET TO LIFT THE REAR OF THE HUGGER AND CLEAR MY PERELLI DIABLO, I NOW HAVE A 1/8" CLEARENCE AND IT SEEMS FINE, I'VE HAD IT ON THERE FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS AND 1200 MILES AND HAVEN'T REALLY HAD AN ISSUE. BUT A WORD OF CAUTION.... IF YOUR GOING TO TAKE THE REAR TIRE OFF OR LOOSEN THE AXLE AT ALL, REMOVE THE BOLT BY THE BRAKE HOSE, IF NOT WHEN THE AXLE IS LOOSENED THE HUGGER WILL STRECH AND CRACK, I ALMOST MADE THIS MISTAKE, BUT CAUGHT IT IN TIME......
P.S. I CONTACTED THEM ABOUT THE FITIMENT AND THEY GAVE ME A WHOLE SPEECH ABOUT EVERY BIKE IS DIFFERENT AND BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... MOST ONLINE PLACES ARE SCUM ANYHOW... YOU REALLY NEED A REPUTABLE PARTS SUPPLIER FOR QUALITY PARTS... I.E. BIKEBANDIT, DENNIS KIRK
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Back Marker

Scoutpilot is on a distinguished road
Oh terrific. I wish this thread was here earlier cause I won one of these last week!!! Mine should be in the mail right now and should arrive soon. Unfortunately, I'm not quite looking forward to it now. I'll let you all know how it turns out!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hi all, sorry to hear about your stories ,yes **** Eck is not a good vendor (i bought F4i undertail and windscreen from them) for communication, price, quality products but cheaper cost and shipping fast. Stay away from SCUM OF ALL PARTS AND **** ECK
Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Back Marker

Trinity, thanks for the heads up on Sum of All Parts!!! Never did buy from them but thought about it before.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Squid

blackvtr is on a distinguished road
i bought a chain and sprocket set from the sum of all parts, and so far so good.....
chain was really long but i trimmed it to fit, and like i said no problems so far, about 1 yr and 4000 mi
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

regarding SumOfAllParts... I have ordered 2 chain/sprocket kits from them , for 2 different bikes, as well as a Puig windscreen. All parts were new/high quality and the entire purchasing process was positive 3 times.
Still waiting for a response from the hugger deal about return shipping reimbursement.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
yep pit-eck leaves quite a bit to be desired as i have one on mine. had to mod it fit. the paint is pretty close. but i had to rivet a support to the front mount as it tore and began rubbing the tire. there is also a rather large gap where it seats at the swingarm. i guess that is what i get for trying to save a buck or two. sorry for your loss
Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Back Marker

I checked the mail today and it still has not arrived. When it does show I'll attempt to mount it and report back. But, since a few of you have already tried and not been satisfied with the hugger....can anyone recommend a good CF hugger out there? After having the superhawk for about a month....I'm realizing there really is a whole lot of aftermarket stuff out there.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Back Marker

Mounting report....got the hugger in awesome black. Went to mount it and low and behold IT DID NOT FIT as reported. It was about a 1/2 an inch short on clearance and required modification to fit. So...avoid this hugger!!!! Finish was great but what good is a great finish when fittment sucks!!! Going to have to return this one and figure out a new game plan. Anyone know where to get a good CF hugger?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Another report in the "won't fit" category... as well as damaged on reciept... They did offer to reduce price by a laughable amount, but after test mounting I refused it altogether and wrangled a refund...

I ended up ordering this instead... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...mZ140250049156

And while not as cheap, it's made in black ABS... it fits like an OEM product, comes with all the mounting hardware and the company really want's your business... Mine was missing one bolt, a new pack of bolts arrived in 3 days, express mail, that's service
(They also offered to knock of the price aswell for the "screwup", wich I declined, being happy with the parts being sent...)
Old 07-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Squid

amanding is on a distinguished road
same problem, different part

I'm having the same problem with fit on a carbon fiber fender that I got...they said it fits vtr, rc51 and 959...not even close. Anyone know of a place to get one that actually is for ours? Not looking forward to the return process.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Squid

supertrooper is on a distinguished road
here is my post on my problems with pit-eck - https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=15085

i took it off a few weeks after i got is to fit because the shade of red was off enough to really bug me. also, the finish is not very durable. when i took off my high mounts to install a undertail i accedently tapped the hugger with the muffler and took a chunk of paint and fiberglass out.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
good grief im glad I read this...I was just about to bid on one. I got my windscreen from them and it is great, so I figured the same for the hugger
Old 08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Back Marker

About a week ago I got the refund via paypal thank god. Same deal with BeerHunter though....was out a bunch from shipping it back though. I've come to the realization NOT to do e-bay anymore for parts. Will stick with reputable sites from now now at least for the Hawk. What a pain.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Squid

supertrooper is on a distinguished road
ebay is way to hit and miss. on the few F-ed up things ive gotten on there, it was easier to take the loss than to fight for a refund and pay for return shipping.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Back Marker

fuzzuki is on a distinguished road
I have a Puig Hugger.
Works perfectly with my Pilot Powers I had on.
Now it's rubbing with the D208GP's I put on.

Don't care.

I'll cut the last bit off if I have to.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
Check out Pyramid Plastics,they make good quality products.They are a UK company thats been in business for years and have a good US distributor here... www.streetfightersbydesign.com