General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Will a RC51 Hugger fit a SuperHawk?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Squid

NorcalSoopaHawk is on a distinguished road
Will a RC51 Hugger fit a SuperHawk?

Hey everyone, new to the site but have already learned a ton about the Superhawk in the last month.

It seems that the RC51 has some compatible parts to the Superhawk, does anyone know if the Hugger is compatible?

Also, is there a anodized "dress up kit" available for the fork tubes?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Squid

zubzero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NorcalSoopaHawk
Hey everyone, new to the site but have already learned a ton about the Superhawk in the last month.

It seems that the RC51 has some compatible parts to the Superhawk, does anyone know if the Hugger is compatible?

Also, is there a anodized "dress up kit" available for the fork tubes?

Thanks
Does anyone know the answer to above questions??? I´m asking because i ordered the wrong hugger for my hawk, they send me SP2 hugger and the order was for firestorm. The post fees are so big that its no point sending it back.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Back Marker

thefitzvh is on a distinguished road
im fairly sure the hugger won't work, since the swingarm is differnet. Looking at photos, it doesnt look like it'll work.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The RC51 (SP-1/SP-2) has almost no parts in common with the Superhawk/Firestorm...

So no, the hugger won't fit at all... Nor will most other parts...

If you see any bike on this forum (mine included) with parts from an RC51 listed it's a custom fitted part, usually some part modified for it too fit...

On another note, what was the hugger? how much? images? I might take it off your hands if it's something I like...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
The RC51 (SP-1/SP-2) has almost no parts in common with the Superhawk/Firestorm...

So no, the hugger won't fit at all... Nor will most other parts...

If you see any bike on this forum (mine included) with parts from an RC51 listed it's a custom fitted part, usually some part modified for it too fit...

On another note, what was the hugger? how much? images? I might take it off your hands if it's something I like...
Its a pyramid hugger, or that reads in the label that it has, its made of fiberglass and its gloss black. I payd 70pounds for it on M&P. Its brand new. is it possible to get it into my bike with modification? Maybe if i do few new holes and so on?? Or is it impossible to attach??
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Back Marker

thefitzvh is on a distinguished road
Well, lots of people here have made RC51 swingarms work on superhawks... so you could probably go that route
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 AM
MotoGP

My bike with stock swingarm...

Hugger that fits the stock swingarm...

My bike with RC51 swingarm...

You will notice the swingarm has an entirel different shape, height, angle and lenght in the crossmember vs wheel position...

So no, I highly doubt it can be made to fit with an easy fix... Sorry...

But like thefitzvh said, stick an SP2 arm on there and it works...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Squid

well i´m gonna try to attach it in weekend. Will see how much work it needs to fit... mmm, by the way are hagon fork springs better than stock ones?? The front seems little too slak for me, it bottoms too easy and i thought that the hagon springs and 1cm spacers would make it stiffer??
Old 01-20-2010, 08:26 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by thefitzvh
Well, lots of people here have made RC51 swingarms work on superhawks... so you could probably go that route
Well... No... Not a lot of people... As far as I know four people have made this work... Of them, so far as I know two are still in the build stage, and one did it by extensively modifying the swingarm...

Again AFAIK I'm the only one with a road tested swap that doesn't require a full machine shop... So unless I have a split personality I don't know about, I'm the only one so far...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Squid

Smile

You will notice the swingarm has an entirel different shape, height, angle and lenght in the crossmember vs wheel position...

But like thefitzvh said, stick an SP2 arm on there and it works...[/quote]

Ok...thanks! It won´t fit in anyway. I´m just gonna sell the one i had and goin to by one that fits! Do you have the one that fits for the regular swingarm??? If you do, could we swap??
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by zubzero
well i´m gonna try to attach it in weekend. Will see how much work it needs to fit... mmm, by the way are hagon fork springs better than stock ones?? The front seems little too slak for me, it bottoms too easy and i thought that the hagon springs and 1cm spacers would make it stiffer??
Any spring by a reputable manufacturer for your weight is a good alternative to the stock which is only right for a very light rider... But it should be matched by a shimstack/valve for the correct weight as well... And set up of that is a bit more involved than adding a spacer...

Look through past threads and you will find loads on this subject...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by zubzero

But like thefitzvh said, stick an SP2 arm on there and it works...

Ok...thanks! It won´t fit in anyway. I´m just gonna sell the one i had and goin to by one that fits! Do you have the one that fits for the regular swingarm??? If you do, could we swap??
Nope, sold long ago since I did the swingarm swap last winter... And since I'm in Sweden, shipping would have been a PITA...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Squid

Any spring by a reputable manufacturer for your weight is a good alternative to the stock which is only right for a very light rider... But it should be matched by a shimstack/valve for the correct weight as well... And set up of that is a bit more involved than adding a spacer...

Look through past threads and you will find loads on this subject...
Thanks!! I will and by the way i love this site!! I´ve had so much valuable info in this site! I would be lost with out this!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Squid

Nope, sold long ago since I did the swingarm swap last winter... And since I'm in Sweden, shipping would have been a PITA...
Ok, i live in Finland... i´m just gonna try to attach it and if its gonna be impossible i´m gonna sell it on ebay.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Not my intent to Jack, but I am curious, why is shipping this a pain in the ***? I thought shipping between EU countries was pretty straightforward?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
MotoGP

Shipping to and from the US is a PITA since it's stupidly expensive... Even more so as a hugger might be light, but still takes a lot of space so it needs a big box...

I had no knowledge of zubzero being in Finland... Shipping inside the EU is a lot easier and cheaper... Still not to cheap though with the size...