Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

testing waters... 98 superhawk with lots of mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
testing waters... 98 superhawk with lots of mods

i'm really considering selling my superhawk... I just can't seem to catch a break with some things and I don't have the money to fix it. Currently she's down for some work but here's the details...

*98 superhawk - 23000 miles
*fox racing shock - revalved and rebuilt 2 months ago by go-race.com, barely 500 miles on it
*racetech .95kg fork springs
*corbin nylon seat
*relatively new ebc hh brake pads all around
*gsxr1000 6-pot brake calipers
*gsxr1000 5/8" front brake master cylinder
*gsxr750 r/r
*jet kit (still have all the other jets)
*k&N
*frame sliders
*double bubble smoke windscreen
*flush mount front turn signals
*erion racing pipes
*progrip scs no slip carbon fiber grips
*progrip carbon fiber tank protector
*pair system disabled
*new battery
*new xenon headlight
*new cct's
*chain and sprockets are still good
*forks rebuilt 6 months ago
*about 500 miles since last oil change (repsol synthetic)
*about 500 miles on a new rear michelin pilot power and not sure how many miles are on the front (I got a flat, hence the different mileage. the front has plenty left though)
*clean title, never dropped
*ss clutch line, new rear brake line

um... I think that's it... NOW here's unfortunately the bad stuff... The rear seat cowl has gotten scraped when I had my near accident and my bungee net put some scrapes in that as well as one on the rear plastics. I can't currently find my pics of this but I can get new ones... Also the brakes and clutch need to be rebuilt as well as getting new ss lines for the front... unfortunately when my bag fell off the back of my bike I lost the parts to rebuild the front... Otherwise that'd be done already... The left mirror needs to be replaced. one of the bolts got stripped cause an idiot at the motorcycle shop gave me the wrong bolt and tightened it down... It stays on fine now but can be fixed for $20 or so.. Also the rear turn signals need to be put back on (I'd do this before selling) but they got ripped off when the bungee net broke and well cracked the plastic. I'll figure out a clean way to remount them before the bike is sold...

That's everything I can think of. Since I'm only testing the water right now I just want to know if I can get enough to make it worth the while to sell... Otherwise I'll let it sit around until I have the money to do everything myself... Oh and location is Newark, DE. Would be willing to ship if I decide for sure to sell...

Old 09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
i'm really considering selling my superhawk... I just can't seem to catch a break with some things and I don't have the money to fix it. Currently she's down for some work but here's the details...

*98 superhawk - 23000 miles
*fox racing shock - revalved and rebuilt 2 months ago by go-race.com, barely 500 miles on it
*racetech .95kg fork springs
*corbin nylon seat
*relatively new ebc hh brake pads all around
*gsxr1000 6-pot brake calipers
*gsxr1000 5/8" front brake master cylinder
*gsxr750 r/r
*jet kit (still have all the other jets)
*k&N
*frame sliders
*double bubble smoke windscreen
*flush mount front turn signals
*erion racing pipes
*progrip scs no slip carbon fiber grips
*progrip carbon fiber tank protector
*pair system disabled
*new battery
*new xenon headlight
*new cct's
*chain and sprockets are still good
*forks rebuilt 6 months ago
*about 500 miles since last oil change (repsol synthetic)
*about 500 miles on a new rear michelin pilot power and not sure how many miles are on the front (I got a flat, hence the different mileage. the front has plenty left though)
*clean title, never dropped
*ss clutch line, new rear brake line

um... I think that's it... NOW here's unfortunately the bad stuff... The rear seat cowl has gotten scraped when I had my near accident and my bungee net put some scrapes in that as well as one on the rear plastics. I can't currently find my pics of this but I can get new ones... Also the brakes and clutch need to be rebuilt as well as getting new ss lines for the front... unfortunately when my bag fell off the back of my bike I lost the parts to rebuild the front... Otherwise that'd be done already... The left mirror needs to be replaced. one of the bolts got stripped cause an idiot at the motorcycle shop gave me the wrong bolt and tightened it down... It stays on fine now but can be fixed for $20 or so.. Also the rear turn signals need to be put back on (I'd do this before selling) but they got ripped off when the bungee net broke and well cracked the plastic. I'll figure out a clean way to remount them before the bike is sold...

That's everything I can think of. Since I'm only testing the water right now I just want to know if I can get enough to make it worth the while to sell... Otherwise I'll let it sit around until I have the money to do everything myself... Oh and location is Newark, DE. Would be willing to ship if I decide for sure to sell...

dude dont sell you have to much invested. take a break to collect your self. it will be there when you get back to it.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
SuperBike

part of me says to hold on and rebuild her over the winter and work out any small kinks. part of it just frustrates the hell out of me... I am just testing the waters though... If I can get a good price for it (doubtful) I MIGHT... though I've thought about doing this for a few now... I've just personally not had very much luck on this bike. Lots of stupid **** keeps happening (not the bike's fault, but flat tire, melting the battery terminal, bungee net breaking and doing damage to the plastics and tossing about $100 of parts onto the freeway along with my clothes and boxers...)
Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
part of me says to hold on and rebuild her over the winter and work out any small kinks. part of it just frustrates the hell out of me... I am just testing the waters though... If I can get a good price for it (doubtful) I MIGHT... though I've thought about doing this for a few now... I've just personally not had very much luck on this bike. Lots of stupid **** keeps happening (not the bike's fault, but flat tire, melting the battery terminal, bungee net breaking and doing damage to the plastics and tossing about $100 of parts onto the freeway along with my clothes and boxers...)
hey as long as your boxers were clean ,whats the prob?
hell you should see mine multiple boxes in the cellar.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Dude, mine sat in my garage for the better part of two years before I got her back on the street....and it really was worth it. I don't know why I waited so long. Take some time. Collect your life. Get back in the groove. Hell, you've got all winter to go through the bike and make sure everything's good for next season. It's startin' to get cold now anyway, at least up here in NY.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
SuperBike

I'm pretty sure ima keep it... I just won't get nearly enough for it if I sell. Not enough to get me another bike that has as much power or handles as well...
Old 09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
I remember when you posted about the bungie caused accident... That was really unfortunate. Thankfully you got stopped without incident. Must be riding skill on your part.

Don't do anything rash. Fall and winter are not typically good times to sell anyway.

I so enjoy my Superhawk. Everytime I take it for a spin I come back with a ear-to-ear grin. I can't picture being without it.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Superstock

denmah
sell it! hahahah