Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Testing the waters

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
Question Testing the waters

Hello gents.

The wife has given me tenative approval to purchase a new bike. While I have been enjoying modifying and riding my Superhawk, I have a chance to pick up a new Ducati. In order to do this, I have been tasked with selling off the parts of my Superhawk. Now before people start jumping all over me about these parts, I want to remind everyone that this is just a POC to determine if I can sell enough to make the wife happy.

If I can get enough buyers for all of the parts, I will go more than likely go thru with the sale, if not, I wont be able to sell certain parts and not others as I would like to be able to still put something together to ride. Here are the major parts list, I will also have other parts to sell along the way.

I hope that this isn't too confusing and that I dont waste a lot of people's time but here goes.

If interested, you can see some pics on my website: http://webpages.charter.net/seaton001/index.htm

Complete RC51 Front End: 04 Fork legs, 01 lower triple, new never ridden roller bearings, no upper triple, 01 RC51 6 spoke wheel w/ new powder coat and new never ridden 120/70 17 Michelin Pilot tire, new never used Brembo Full floating rotors. RC 51 front calipers. $1,100 for all.

CBR900RR rear wheel: Fresh Powder coat, new rear sprocket 520 / 43 teeth, brand new Michelin Pilot tire, never ridden. $250

Adjustable Rearsets: used, but no damage in great shape. I am not sure who makes them but they have 4 different settings you can use. Standard shift pattern. $200

Wilbers Rear Shock: Used but in great shape, I can get the spring weight if anyone needs it, I am 210 with all my gear and it was good for me. Adjustable ride height, remote high and low speed compression, rebound adjustments. I am not sure of the model number, but someone here might be able to shed some light on that if needed. $450

Frame and Swing Arm: Clear Titled, fresh powder coat frame and swing arm. $700

Stock Headers: Ceramic coated inside and out. $175

Leo Vince Titanium Highmounts: used, good condition, one can was used by the previous owner as a single can on a different bike and it has some slight rash on the inside that does not leak and is not seen when mounted. $500

Yosh Stage 1 Cams: Brand new in a box never got around to installing them. Stumpy... you get first dibs as you were also bidding on them at the time. $300

Like I said, I have other parts and if interest is high enough I will list those as well, I just need to see if I can sell enough of the parts without taking too big of a bath on everything. Send me PMs if you are interested. I will leave this up for a week, and if there is not enough interest I will remove it so as not to clog up the forum.

Greg, if this is in any way a violation of forum rules, please feel free to remove it.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Back Marker

iscoot is on a distinguished road
paypal?

rearsets! ist in line? perhaps Wilbers? perhaps cams?

iscoot

Originally Posted by seaton001
Hello gents.

The wife has given me tenative approval to purchase a new bike. While I have been enjoying modifying and riding my Superhawk, I have a chance to pick up a new Ducati. In order to do this, I have been tasked with selling off the parts of my Superhawk. Now before people start jumping all over me about these parts, I want to remind everyone that this is just a POC to determine if I can sell enough to make the wife happy.

If I can get enough buyers for all of the parts, I will go more than likely go thru with the sale, if not, I wont be able to sell certain parts and not others as I would like to be able to still put something together to ride. Here are the major parts list, I will also have other parts to sell along the way.

I hope that this isn't too confusing and that I dont waste a lot of people's time but here goes.

If interested, you can see some pics on my website: http://webpages.charter.net/seaton001

Complete RC51 Front End: 04 Fork legs, 01 lower triple, new never ridden roller bearings, no upper triple, 01 RC51 6 spoke wheel w/ new powder coat and new never ridden 120/70 17 Michelin Pilot tire, new never used Brembo Full floating rotors. RC 51 front calipers. $1,100 for all.

CBR900RR rear wheel: Fresh Powder coat, new rear sprocket 520 / 43 teeth, brand new Michelin Pilot tire, never ridden. $250

Adjustable Rearsets: used, but no damage in great shape. I am not sure who makes them but they have 4 different settings you can use. Standard shift pattern. $200

Wilbers Rear Shock: Used but in great shape, I can get the spring weight if anyone needs it, I am 210 with all my gear and it was good for me. Adjustable ride height, remote high and low speed compression, rebound adjustments. I am not sure of the model number, but someone here might be able to shed some light on that if needed. $450

Frame and Swing Arm: Clear Titled, fresh powder coat frame and swing arm. $700

Stock Headers: Ceramic coated inside and out. $175

Leo Vince Titanium Highmounts: used, good condition, one can was used by the previous owner as a single can on a different bike and it has some slight rash on the inside that does not leak and is not seen when mounted. $500

Yosh Stage 1 Cams: Brand new in a box never got around to installing them. Stumpy... you get first dibs as you were also bidding on them at the time. $300

Like I said, I have other parts and if interest is high enough I will list those as well, I just need to see if I can sell enough of the parts without taking too big of a bath on everything. Send me PMs if you are interested. I will leave this up for a week, and if there is not enough interest I will remove it so as not to clog up the forum.

Greg, if this is in any way a violation of forum rules, please feel free to remove it.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Back Marker

iscoot is on a distinguished road
and...

header?

if you can make me a package deal...???
Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I must say, much as I like the new Ducs, I think your bike is awesome, not to mention a one-off
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
mikstr.... thanks.... I really like it too.... wife wont sign off on two tho! I even have the routing for the underseat radiator done on it too. It is very hard for me right now, I would love to keep both, but just dont see that happening. I was looking at the Ducati Sport 1000.... the retro looking single seat ducati.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Seaton, guys,

Lets keep this to PMs. If you're interested PM Seaton, and if you're going to PM him intend on buying the part, period. Seaton, if you get all the parts "tentatively sold" then PM all your responders and let them know the sale is green light. Until then I'm freezing this thread.

This is why I don't like these kind of sales. Somebody's going to get screwed, hopefully it's not you Seaton. Nor will I get in the middle of any transaction that doesn't work out on this one. People's situations change and I can understand that. I might have $450 to spend on a shock today, but next week when I total my car my priorities will change. See what I'm sayin'?