Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Should I consider this...!!?

Old 01-26-2016, 10:19 AM
  #1  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
118811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
118811 is on a distinguished road
Should I consider this...!!?

How much of this 2000 CBR 900 will bolt onto my 98' Hawk?
Wheels, forks swingarm etc?
What would be the price that would make you jump on it? :-0)
Thanks

2000 honda cbr
118811 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:42 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
NHSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South of Live Free or Die & North of Family Guy
Posts: 1,401
NHSH is on a distinguished road
Front end is mostly bolt on, swingarm doe's not fit, you can only use the brace potentially, I would say, if you can get it for $500 grab it, otherwise....
NHSH is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:48 AM
  #3  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
118811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
118811 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH View Post
Front end is mostly bolt on, swingarm doe's not fit, you can only use the brace potentially, I would say, if you can get it for $500 grab it, otherwise....
So, I could switch the entire front end (including triples) onto the Hawk?
118811 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:59 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
NHSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South of Live Free or Die & North of Family Guy
Posts: 1,401
NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 118811 View Post
So, I could switch the entire front end (including triples) onto the Hawk?
I believe you can, just have to change the head bearings and you got to check the handlebar clearance, you may need to change the bars to higher bars, very common modification.
NHSH is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 11:04 AM
  #5  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
118811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
118811 is on a distinguished road
Or.....would the fork tubes, wheel & brake go into the Hawk triples?
That would be the easiest, right?
118811 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 12:05 PM
  #6  
VTR virgin
Superstock
 
Cadbury64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 408
Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 118811 View Post
Or.....would the fork tubes, wheel & brake go into the Hawk triples?
That would be the easiest, right?
Nope; the CBR has USD forks that are much bigger diameter than the Hawk.
Cadbury64 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 12:29 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
That is a CBR929RR by the way, so if you do a search you can see what 929 parts bolt up.

You should be able to get it cheap, use the front end, and sell the other stuff off. It should be easy to sell the other stuff, which will make the front end free...

James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
  #8  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
118811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
118811 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
That is a CBR929RR by the way, so if you do a search you can see what 929 parts bolt up.

You should be able to get it cheap, use the front end, and sell the other stuff off. It should be easy to sell the other stuff, which will make the front end free...

James

That was my original thought, too!!
BTW....the serial number plate in the listing shows 900RR....?
Would that make a difference?
118811 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 05:42 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
No difference. The 900rr and the 929rr are very different machines.

It is a 929.

James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
smokinjoe73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,934
smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I believe the bearings are even the same. For that cheap I would buy it for a track bike.

You could sell the rest of the parts for good cash, motor, swingarm, tank, fairing. If you have the room and time to dismantle I would do it in a minute.
smokinjoe73 is offline  
Old 01-26-2016, 08:49 PM
  #11  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
118811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
118811 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 View Post
I believe the bearings are even the same. For that cheap I would buy it for a track bike.

You could sell the rest of the parts for good cash, motor, swingarm, tank, fairing. If you have the room and time to dismantle I would do it in a minute.
Yeah....I'm going to look at it this weekend.

Hopefully I will have gotten the SH up and running by then too!

Unfortunately we don't have a track here on Oahu....so it would only be a parts bike for me. But if I can get it at the right price & cherry pick & sell the good bits & pieces, it will make sense. I don't have much room for storage....so there will be some waste.
118811 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Upland111
Everything Else
7
01-06-2013 07:19 PM
captkirk
Classifieds
5
11-17-2009 05:48 AM
motojoe
Everything Else
24
08-10-2009 10:51 AM
Barch
General Discussion
55
01-10-2009 10:46 AM
Death Cattle
General Discussion
22
12-11-2008 09:52 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I consider this...!!?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands