General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

i consider what i did a flatspin 270 on my hawk

Old 12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
i consider what i did a flatspin 270 on my hawk

last night, i went down. i was just leaving work, hit a right turn at no kind of fast speed, and my back tire broke loose. before i knew it i was backwards and then sideways, then rolling on the ground watching my bike slide ahead of me. pretty much minor damage all around. i ankle is super sprained, im pretty surprised that it isnt broken, even though sprains usually hurt more than breaks. my wrist is stiff as hell, but thats pretty much it for my damage. i havent had a chance to look completely over my bike yet, but the left side of the fairing has a nice chunk missing and some other parts torn up. the left mirror might be busted. the shifter is worthless, the mid pipe on the left side has a nice big flat spot now. the footpeg is no longer on the bike. thats about it though from what ive seen. i think i was pretty lucky, though it still sucks. ill probably be searching for parts soon. ill probably post pictures at some point also.
Death Cattle is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
Superstock
 
RPV-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 308
RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
That's what you get for painting a hawk green! *lol*
Just kidding man. Hope you heal up soon. Parts can be replaced...riders cant.
RPV-Hawk is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
  #3  
i support twins
Superstock
 
BlackHawk996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 395
BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
glad you're alright... mostly alright haha. fix it up and jump back on!
BlackHawk996 is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
  #4  
Honducati
SuperSport
 
jbaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 809
jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that. Sounds a lot like my recent low-speed highside, so I feel your pain. One minute everything is fine, the next thing you know you're on the ground thinking WTF?!?! Good luck on getting your bike fixed soon!
jbaxx is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
  #5  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gettysburg, Pa
Posts: 4,479
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear the news. Hope you heal up quick. Cold tires are a beach.
Wolverine is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:22 PM
  #6  
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
 
Kendrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 467
Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Good to hear you're relatively okay. I'd help you out, but jbaxx already has my spare left mirror
Kendrick is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RPV-Hawk View Post
That's what you get for painting a hawk green! *lol*
Just kidding man. Hope you heal up soon. Parts can be replaced...riders cant.
haha, i guess i had it coming then.

Originally Posted by BlackHawk996 View Post
glad you're alright... mostly alright haha. fix it up and jump back on!
i absolutely plan on doing just that. i cant wait to tear up the streets again. im done for the winter though. because of my ankle, it will put me out long enough for it to get to being snowy weather. oh well, ill just have to do some extra snowboarding and snowmobiling this year to make up for it. im bummed for now though, i want to ride so damn bad. oh well. i suppose ill live. at least for now i get to ride an electric scooter around work. haha.
Death Cattle is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
nuhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 4,138
nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Cold tires, cold tires, cold tires. Then there's the green issue!
nuhawk is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
RickB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,572
RickB is on a distinguished road
Glad you're alright...
RickB is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
SuperSport
 
Hotbrakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 714
Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice. Glad to hear the bike was ok....and you too of course.
Hotbrakes is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 3,447
VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes View Post
Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice.
+1 I bought boots 2 1/2 years ago, and I can't believe I rode in sneakers for 25 years. I sprained my ankle pretty good 20 years ago in a get-off on a freeway transition road.

Get well soon, and protect your wrists while snowboarding.
VTRsurfer is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 07:07 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
g_clarke_2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 186
g_clarke_2008 is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you're mostly OK, I have the stock pegs off my bike when you need them but that's all I can help you out with.
g_clarke_2008 is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk View Post
Cold tires, cold tires, cold tires. Then there's the green issue!
cold tires indeed, and damn, i didnt realize green was such an issue. haha. i like it.

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes View Post
Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice. Glad to hear the bike was ok....and you too of course.
im definitely going to. ive been looking at boots, i just havent gotten around to getting any yet. anything you or anyone else would recommend?

Originally Posted by g_clarke_2008 View Post
Glad to hear you're mostly OK, I have the stock pegs off my bike when you need them but that's all I can help you out with.
thanks. ill keep that in mind, i might be needing them.

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer View Post
+1 I bought boots 2 1/2 years ago, and I can't believe I rode in sneakers for 25 years. I sprained my ankle pretty good 20 years ago in a get-off on a freeway transition road.

Get well soon, and protect your wrists while snowboarding.
what kind of boots did you get? i definitely try to stay safe while snowboarding. i love the nice deep powder, so im ususally well protected if i fall. haha
Death Cattle is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
  #14  
Super Byrd
Superstock
 
Byrdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 356
Byrdman is on a distinguished road
I bought this boots and love them they are great for riding and walking around, very comfortable. A little bit pricey, but I think Worth it

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...MX-2-Boot.aspx
Byrdman is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 PM
  #15  
geezer
SuperSport
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 556
oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
good that you're okay...

I wear a pair of these, bought them when they were called Oxtar, they're a great boot for the $$$...my foot size runs a little wide and these fit the bill perfectly...

http://www.newenough.com/boots/racin...cle_boots.html

side note: New Enough is a family run business and has some of the best prices around...

Last edited by oahu hawk; 12-05-2008 at 10:52 PM.
oahu hawk is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 AM
  #16  
MLB
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 210
MLB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Death Cattle View Post
last night, i went down. i was just leaving work, hit a right turn at no kind of fast speed, and my back tire broke loose. before i knew it i was backwards and then sideways, then rolling on the ground watching my bike slide ahead of me. pretty much minor damage all around. i ankle is super sprained, im pretty surprised that it isnt broken, even though sprains usually hurt more than breaks. my wrist is stiff as hell, but thats pretty much it for my damage. i havent had a chance to look completely over my bike yet, but the left side of the fairing has a nice chunk missing and some other parts torn up. the left mirror might be busted. the shifter is worthless, the mid pipe on the left side has a nice big flat spot now. the footpeg is no longer on the bike. thats about it though from what ive seen. i think i was pretty lucky, though it still sucks. ill probably be searching for parts soon. ill probably post pictures at some point also.
I had an original Hawk GT (red) that I wanted to paint either yellow or a dark almost forest green after photoshopping it.
Funny that there was then a oem yellow SH and now your green one.
Bummer about the injuries and damage. Heal fast.
MLB is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Gregw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles ish
Posts: 1,031
Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oahu hawk View Post
...my foot size runs a little wide and these fit the bill perfectly...
My feet are wide also. A lot of boots were uncomfortably narrow. I found these fit nicely and aren't loud.
http://www.newenough.com/boots/water...cle_boots.html
Gregw is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 09:34 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
thanks for all the advice on boots. i definitely like alpinestars boots. always have.
Death Cattle is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 3,447
VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Go with what fits best. I had trouble finding boots that I could shift with until I tried Dainese Torque In boots with a slim toe that fits under the shifter without adjustment and good forward flexibility at the ankle. Very comfortable, but somewhat pricey at $270.
VTRsurfer is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 PM
  #20  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP
 
captainchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 4,200
captainchaos is on a distinguished road
+1 on getting some good gear. Get it used off ebay and save a ton of $. Glad to hear you made out ok. I swear I saw a superhawk in the EXACT same color down here in south florida.
captainchaos is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
+1 on getting some good gear. Get it used off ebay and save a ton of $. Glad to hear you made out ok. I swear I saw a superhawk in the EXACT same color down here in south florida.
haha, i would be surprised, its a pretty unique lime green. you never know though. it definitely wasnt me though. i live in washington.
Death Cattle is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:28 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
Superstock
 
steve.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.Dak USA
Posts: 347
steve.g is on a distinguished road
Glad your alright mate... I got a spare left mirror and a few other bits.PM me if you need anything.
steve.g is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 09:52 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
SuperSport
Thread Starter
 
Death Cattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 758
Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steve.g View Post
Glad your alright mate... I got a spare left mirror and a few other bits.PM me if you need anything.
awesome, ill most likely get that from you. i have to go to the shop sometime this week to find out what certain parts are going to cost. but that should save me money if i get it from you, so ill let you know. thanks.
Death Cattle is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Upland111
Everything Else
7
01-06-2013 07:19 PM
avramd
General Discussion
4
04-11-2010 07:58 AM
captkirk
Classifieds
5
11-17-2009 05:48 AM
Barch
General Discussion
55
01-10-2009 10:46 AM
rooster
General Discussion
21
04-05-2007 10:23 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i consider what i did a flatspin 270 on my hawk


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands