Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Replacement bolts for gear shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Squid

zagger1586 is on a distinguished road
Replacement bolts for gear shifter?

Hey all,
Been lurking on the site for a bit since I got my 98 superhawk a couple months back. Been loving it and have had no problems as I do my best to make to service and do check ups before and after hard rides but of course I over looked things and had some bolts come lose while I was riding on the freeway today on my way out to Malibu for some runs. I was coming up on some traffic and I go to downshift and the gear shifter is no where to be felt. I look down and see it dragging on the ground connected the the linkage. Stuck in 5th and heavy LA traffic I get it off the next exit and in parking lot next to a bike shop that is closed on Monday (everyone need a day to ride right?). All the bike shops that were open didn't have the factory parts and would take 3 to 4 days to get them. I am going to check out a few shops tomorrow to see if they have them but if not I am going to order them tomorrow but I was wondering if you guys have an alternative or equally as good solution. Feel like a douche with my first post just asking for help but I appreciate any advise.