Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Quick Carb Synch Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Back Marker

WhOrD is on a distinguished road
Quick Carb Synch Question

Most posts I read regarding the carb synch state the following about the front and rear connectors.

1. Rear carb boost connects to petcock. Cool.

2. For the front boost join, it seems like non CA models have nothing connected and it is capped off.

3. One T fitting for rear, front boost joint capped off after install when not synching.

Well my bike is a CA model so it does have the front boost joint already installed. However, it also has a little black ~ 3" long hose which goes to the front carb. I believe the PAIR has been removed from this bike, could this front boost connection hose be left over from the PAIR?...

Regardless, I assume I will need 2 T joints for the carb synch tool. One for the Rear and one for the mysterious front?

Last edited by WhOrD; 03-19-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Not sure but I think if PAIR is removed the front should be capped.

If this is the case, you will want only one T splitter.

The connectors go like this:

Rear boost --- T splitter to carby sync tool --- Petcock

Front boost--- straight to carb sync tool

I could be off on the the PAIR thing, though. I can't imagine what the front vacuum signal is going to.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
My 01 is a CA bike. Right now I can't recall if there is a T on the front or not. I'll look when I get home and let you know. The PAIR is removed on mine as well as the other emissions stuff. I used an article on HAWKRIDER's website to remove the emissions on a CA bike. If you can post a pic of the hose you are referring to, it'll help. "it also has a little black ~ 3" long hose which goes to the front carb"<--this has me puzzled. Does that hose connect to the front boost joint or is is a plugged off hose?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
That little 3'' hose was part of the PAIR. If pair is off, then this should be capped. For the sync, go with what 7 just said, he has it spot on.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
That little 3'' hose was part of the PAIR. If pair is off, then this should be capped. For the sync, go with what 7 just said, he has it spot on.
Well there ya go....
Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Here's the the ends capped off behind the battery where I connect my carbsync tool
Name:  DSCF8301_zps053b59df.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  459.7 KB

You can see the front vacuum take off on the left cylinder, it cuts across the reservoir bottle and off towards the rear by my battery. IIRC it's a 5mm threaded adapter required once you get the blanking cap off the front cylinder.
Name:  DSCF7947.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  169.6 KB
On the right cylinder you can see the rear one that leads to the petcock. T Piece goes on here for the second vacuum take off for carbsync.

(:-})
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Back Marker

I will be removing the carbs either this week (if I have the energy) or this weekend. I'll take some pictures and let you guys determine if PAIR is removed.

The PO never did a damn thing to the bike after a few years of ownership, so he doesn't know anything about the bike or what was done with it. The PO PO .. I looked up from the DMV and well ..... he's dead.

I don't know why I found that funny....
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Back Marker

I will be removing the carbs either this week (if I have the energy) or this weekend. I'll take some pictures and let you guys determine if PAIR is removed.

The PO never did a damn thing to the bike after a few years of ownership, so he doesn't know anything about the bike or what was done with it. The PO PO .. I looked up from the DMV and well ..... he's dead.

I don't know why I found that funny....