SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Quick Carb Synch Question (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/quick-carb-synch-question-30006/)

WhOrD 03-19-2013 11:21 AM

Quick Carb Synch Question

Most posts I read regarding the carb synch state the following about the front and rear connectors.

1. Rear carb boost connects to petcock. Cool.

2. For the front boost join, it seems like non CA models have nothing connected and it is capped off.

3. One T fitting for rear, front boost joint capped off after install when not synching.

Well my bike is a CA model so it does have the front boost joint already installed. However, it also has a little black ~ 3" long hose which goes to the front carb. I believe the PAIR has been removed from this bike, could this front boost connection hose be left over from the PAIR?...

Regardless, I assume I will need 2 T joints for the carb synch tool. One for the Rear and one for the mysterious front?

7moore7 03-19-2013 11:29 AM

Not sure but I think if PAIR is removed the front should be capped.

If this is the case, you will want only one T splitter.

The connectors go like this:

Rear boost --- T splitter to carby sync tool --- Petcock

Front boost--- straight to carb sync tool

I could be off on the the PAIR thing, though. I can't imagine what the front vacuum signal is going to.

tbartley 03-19-2013 11:54 AM

My 01 is a CA bike. Right now I can't recall if there is a T on the front or not. I'll look when I get home and let you know. The PAIR is removed on mine as well as the other emissions stuff. I used an article on HAWKRIDER's website to remove the emissions on a CA bike. If you can post a pic of the hose you are referring to, it'll help. "it also has a little black ~ 3" long hose which goes to the front carb"<--this has me puzzled. Does that hose connect to the front boost joint or is is a plugged off hose?

Jack Flash 03-19-2013 12:57 PM

That little 3'' hose was part of the PAIR. If pair is off, then this should be capped. For the sync, go with what 7 just said, he has it spot on. ;)

tbartley 03-19-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 351031)
That little 3'' hose was part of the PAIR. If pair is off, then this should be capped. For the sync, go with what 7 just said, he has it spot on. ;)

Well there ya go....

cybercarl 03-19-2013 08:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the the ends capped off behind the battery where I connect my carbsync tool
Attachment 23811

You can see the front vacuum take off on the left cylinder, it cuts across the reservoir bottle and off towards the rear by my battery. IIRC it's a 5mm threaded adapter required once you get the blanking cap off the front cylinder.
Attachment 23812
On the right cylinder you can see the rear one that leads to the petcock. T Piece goes on here for the second vacuum take off for carbsync.

(:-})

WhOrD 03-20-2013 11:27 AM

I will be removing the carbs either this week (if I have the energy) or this weekend. I'll take some pictures and let you guys determine if PAIR is removed.

The PO never did a damn thing to the bike after a few years of ownership, so he doesn't know anything about the bike or what was done with it. The PO PO .. I looked up from the DMV and well ..... he's dead. :rotf:

I don't know why I found that funny....

WhOrD 03-20-2013 11:33 AM

I will be removing the carbs either this week (if I have the energy) or this weekend. I'll take some pictures and let you guys determine if PAIR is removed.

The PO never did a damn thing to the bike after a few years of ownership, so he doesn't know anything about the bike or what was done with it. The PO PO .. I looked up from the DMV and well ..... he's dead. :rotf:

I don't know why I found that funny....