Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

more comfortable bars instead of stock? :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Back Marker

Shane702 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SIRR1
Just a few picks of my bar risers which make the riding position much more comfortable on the Hawk.

I replaced the front brake lines with a set up from a Honda CBR600Fi due to the set can be broken down into 4 parts, 2 brakes line to the calipers, a splitter which take the 3 brake lines and allows a longer line to the handle bar, 1 line to the master cylider from the splitter which came off a Honda an old Honda GL1100 Goldwing..

I had a 50 inch clutch line made for 20 bucks on ebay.

The throttle cables came off a Honda VT1100 Spirit which IMO could be a little shorter I think they are 20 inches IIRC.

All of the stock wiring was just with a new line to the horn and a new extension for the running light plug.

The Handlebar risers are 3 inches and the Bars are Pro taper Fat Bars 1-1/8 in size.

I am using OEM throttle, brake and clutch master cylinders and grips, thats about it.

The Bars clear the fairing and can go from full left to full right without binding or touching.

I have done this set up on a CBR600F3 and CBR600F41 and both turned out so well I was paid to do the risers on 3 other Honda sportbikes.

SIRR1

SIRR1
sorry guys I have had alot of problems over last 2 weeks with losing my place and having to get weekly blah blah... i started on my bike over at my parents on wed, i have whole weekend to do this... anyways

what kind of handle bars are those? those looks pretty nice man, whats that riser u have in back? the metal that brings it up? thats nice looking, E.Marquez shipped me over the vfr bars, they are definately 1 7/8 higher and look alot better and I can straighten them up, i am having trouble with getting the right side on, also i have after market CVR regular levers, they look a little long like i would not shorties, but I wouldn't know I think maybe thats how its suppose to be.. imma keep working on it!! let me know a little more of ur setup, maybe i'll go that route and resell the handle bars, but imma give the vfr bars a shot with my new bike
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
+1 On going the superbike bar change. makes a world of difference. My risers are only 1.5 in rise with 1 in. back. Already had after market brakes lines, so no problem there. Did have to trim the fairing a little. Well worth it in MHO.
Attached Thumbnails more comfortable bars instead of stock? :(-bike-pictures-017.jpg   more comfortable bars instead of stock? :(-bike-pictures-020.jpg   more comfortable bars instead of stock? :(-bike-pictures-023.jpg