General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Making the bike more comfortable for a reasonable price

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Back Marker

F1 Fan in Nascar Land is an unknown quantity at this point
Making the bike more comfortable for a reasonable price

I recently bought my 1st trackbike so I dont need the superhawk for both track & road. I want to now make the SH alittle more comfortable for those long afternoon rides with me and the little lady. I cant afford a seat, they are just way to expensive, but Im sure there worth there weight in gold, as I said I bought a trackbike and that thing eats up all my disposable income. I was wondering what to buy and how to raise the bars up alittle and out to make it alittle more comfortable. And anything else anyone can suggest.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
search for superbike bar and find a recent post with some great photos on how to do this mod on the cheap. superbling as one of the authors and you'll find it.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
You could also look at bringing the seat to a upholster (sp?) and having some additional foam added to give it more cushin'
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
i almost hate to suggest this but was looking at a cruiser accessories catalog at my son in laws house and saw quite a few different add on cushions, some foam and even a few air filled ones. don't know anything about them but if you need cheap, might be one way to go. i do not expect to be made fun of for this!!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
again, try searching. I recall on here a few posts about someone who does seat work - you ship the seat and for about $75 he'll change out the foam and make it much more comfortable from the posts I read. can't remember the name
Old 04-17-2008, 11:33 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Oh you had money for a seat. You bought a track bike remember? So just admit you're a cheap bastard and come out of the closet! LOL

Here's my cheap bastard seat fix: order a foam blank from sargent seats for $25 plus shipping. Remove stock seat cover, cut out old foam in the seating area only, cut down and shape sargent foam, glue in, and re-staple the cover back on. About 50-60% effective as the real deal. There are also others sources for foam.

Next cheapest route is to buy a used corbin/sargent in poor to fair condition (rashed/cut) and recover it yourself or locally.