SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
Where did you buy the Twinmax? Thank you. JB
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Back Marker

avramd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by residentg
Where did you buy the Twinmax? Thank you. JB
Oh, I got it at http://www.adventuremotogear.com/. Honestly I found the experience in dealing with him very frustrating.

The website only vaguely hints that the "item might not be in stock," when actually he never keeps them in stock. It doesn't say anything about him having to source them from france, and that that will take two weeks, and he never told me it was out of stock or how long it was going to take to get it.

I gave him a huge rant and he never responded, but maybe he at least took it to heart and has improved his communication.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
great - thanks. Sorry about your trouble - they suck and I will not buy mine from them.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Squid

Mustangous is on a distinguished road
I just want to say thanks for all the help!

Update:
Well i pulled the carbs again and removed the pilot jets and cleaned with carb cleaner and compressed air. Everything looked good. The pilots were 45's and were 3.5 out on the front, and 4 3/8 out on the back. I ended up putting both of them at 2.75 turns out. The tps was reading 890ohms so i adjusted to 490. I installed the stock air filter too. Oh, I am not sure what brand main jets are in there, but the front carb had a 185, and the rear carb has a 195 main jet. From all my readings, this seems ridiculously HIGH! But any way i left them and put everything back together and it seemed to run good. I didn't have time to take it for a ride, but will do tomorrow.

So thanks for all the help and ill let you all know how the ride goes...
Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Squid

I took the bike for a ride and i think the bike runs pretty good. Whats bothering me now is when i am coasting with no throttle I get a lot of popping. I dont know if this is normal with this exhaust, if its exhaust issue, or carb issue. Its not backfiring, its just pop pop pop... lol. Hard to explain. I tried the whole pull choke out while running it and it didn't get any better, but the bike did run worst. Any suggestions???

Thanks again for all the help. I think i made some good progress with it so far....
Old 04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mustangous
I took the bike for a ride and i think the bike runs pretty good. Whats bothering me now is when i am coasting with no throttle I get a lot of popping. I dont know if this is normal with this exhaust, if its exhaust issue, or carb issue. Its not backfiring, its just pop pop pop... lol. Hard to explain. I tried the whole pull choke out while running it and it didn't get any better, but the bike did run worst. Any suggestions???

Thanks again for all the help. I think i made some good progress with it so far....
time to disable PAIR
Old 04-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by lazn
time to disable PAIR
Is this the answer for the popping? Is there any issues from removing the pair system?